Register now to get rid of these ads!

Great Shock Absorber Cross Reference

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fairlane Dave, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Fairlane Dave

Fairlane Dave

I've been looking for shorter front shocks for my Fairlane after lowering it and stumbled onto this great cross reference from Monroe. You pick the codes for the top and bottom mounts based on the drawings and then search the charts for the right length and travel. This is a great resource and it saved me a ton of random search time! (I edited out the last few pages of struts to keep the file size smaller)

Attached Files:

vanster69 likes this.
  2. That is a great piece of reference-- Thanks alot.-- will come in handy on the F100.

3. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

THANK YOU.

I called the auto parts store 20 mins ago and asked them to look up a front shock for a '46 Dodge. They wouldn't even pull the book, just said bring one in and we'll match it.

That's great but the odds are they'll have to order it and I'm 25 miles from them as it is.

4. Fairlane Dave

Fairlane Dave

Another good reference is rockauto.com
    I looked up my shocks for the '57 and the "info" icon beside each shock shows the dimensions (most of them have this, a few don't). That gave me a good starting point for the Monroe chart that I uploaded in the original post.

5. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Man the HAMB strikes again!! I have been looking for something just like this for the past few days!! VIVIA LA HAMB!!

-COS

6. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

This one is going in my bookmarks, thanks!

7. saved it thanks!

8. This is GREAT. Just found the shocks for my Plymouth in gas that they keep saying don't exist.

Thanks for posting this!

9. 30panel

30panel

Been calling all around to find some obsolete shock spec's.
    This is a great help.
    Book Marked
    THANKS

10. Canuck

Canuck

Another good site that can be used with the Monroe site is " http://www.gabriel.com ". Gives additional information as far as cross reference by vehicle.

Canuck

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

last time I needed shocks for an odd application all those specs were in the back of the catalog.

12. jlscheele

jlscheele

Fairlane Dave,

Thanks for sharing this great tool!!!! Now my gasser will have shocks.
    [​IMG]

John

13. 50Fraud

50Fraud

14. I have done this many times to find a shock for an application where it is not stock. For example, on my lowered 92 Chevy dually, turns out that Aerostar front shocks are the same mounting but shorter. Use the Gabriel shocks site once you have a part number and it will tell you applications. Then search for the application on whatever site you want.

15. bigaadams

bigaadams
    from Georgia

I am very thankful to you for having the foresight to copy this in .pdf format. Monroe no longer supports this page..I know, I had this as a short cut in my favorites..their application chart also has very few makes and models listed to choose from..long way from what the site used to be..

again..thanks..

16. RAY With

RAY With

Glad to see this post. Use to have this list but lost it long ago. Its very handy for custom builds-Thanks

17. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

X27. Thanx. Gary

18. 48prerunner

48prerunner
    from ny

just what i needed thanks

19. Buzznut

Buzznut

20. choptop40

choptop40

This is an older post...no matter..found it online and now got my shocks for my coupe..couldn't find the part numbers...referenced the charts and after 10 part number searches...Bingo.....thanks to the mighty Hamb...

21. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY