Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Capital of the USA, where is it???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigO, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Gardena or Culver City, CA

2. jrt49box

jrt49box

As my Grandfather used to say from the pulpit .... where ever two or three are gathered together.....:D:cool:

3. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

There is no point to this pissing match! It's SoCal period with history in the greater L.A. area (Pomona excluded, unless you want tacos.) Any other place is just a copycatter. Anybody want to buy Pomona, Cheap?!

4. slammed

slammed

L.A. CA, because that is were the media machine was based. Writer/photog's would take a day touring the local haunts (E. Rickman/G.BAskerville/Too Tall/ect) and bingo. Ingrained in the membrane.

5. 52pig

52pig

Shhhhh! It's our secret.

6. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

O.J. is correct. If he ever gets it off of his avatar and on the street it will be the only hot rod in Berryville that I know of... Mazooma1---CHILL...If you have the munchees we are sorry. Groucho,,,Can you find a publisher for that book you wrote?? I really agree with Hotrod32. The capital of hot roding is where ever you are in your ride enjoying cruising or talking to other hot rodders and the old guy that tells you that he used to have one exactly like it. Being happy smelling the gas,oil, grease and polish while taking care of your pride and joy.....Have a beer and your woman and relax !!!!!!!!

7. Great story Groucho.

8. Do you feel better now !?!

9. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

None of you guys have done your homework on this, if you had you'd know that DANVILLE CALIFORNIA is the hub of hot rodding. Home of The Danville Dukes, Bill Burnham rip, Andy Brizio & Art Himsel (Concord Ca is close enough)Steve Moal, Tom Walsh, Gary Meadors, Jack Hageman rip and hundreds of others......................

10. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Tacos you dont like Tacos I like Tacos

11. interstatemaster

interstatemaster

when the weather is warm, there is a cruise every night of the week around the Twin Cities in MINNESOTA.
    MSRA's "Back to the '50's" in June pulls in 11,000+ pre '64 cars at the State Fair Grounds in St. Paul. 100,000+ spectators pay to come through the gates to see them. 400 car cruises every Friday in North St Paul and 500 every other Saturday in Hastings is commonplace.

12. Jalopy Journalist

Jalopy Journalist
    from Austin, TX

Austin.......

No, really it would be socal. But we do try.

13. SUCIO

SUCIO

Socal for sure

14. 57 shaker

57 shaker
    from phx.az

Woodward Ave. Detroit baby

15. Special Ed

Special Ed

You get a whole lot of hot rods typically cruising Woodward in January and Febuary, do you? I'd really enjoy seeing that! :)

16. 1320/150

1320/150

x2..

17. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Charlotte certainly isn't a mecca but we get a fair amount of cool stuff around here.

18. I'll add this. When I moved to Socal in 69 it sure was the place to be. Now, with the many Socal Drag Strips having been closed one at a time, the internet, vastly growing popularity in the hobby, it's a lot more evenly spread out through the world than ever

19. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I live down the street from there... What happen on that corner?

20. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Let's vote for where it is NOT. Sherman TX

21. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Wisconsin...can't swing a dead cat without hittin' some old car, rod or whatever. We make up in the summer for the lack of nice weather during the winter. I lived in Santa Barbara for eight years and it was rare thing to see a hot rod of any kind. My 54 Chevy was the oldest car I knew of in my part of town except for the low rider crowd.

22. erlomd

erlomd

I'll tell you first were it is...it's southern California...without a doubt! Everyday I would see at least 3-4 dirty, drivingl, and all with a smile on their face in an awful hurry...lol
    Even though I wouldn't say Pamona...it does have great venues for one of the biggest shows...and it's home to SoCal speedshop, but other than that, it's really not a hot rodders dream...

And now I'll add to where it ain't...diffinately not in Miami or southern Florida

I was born and raised in southern florida, and its definately not it...unless it has neon lights and a 5,000 watt stereo, thats about all you get down there...and the ocasional guy with the badly made fiberglass replica with billet everything and grey tweed interior......

I'll also add Arizona...since I've lived here for a year now, and I can probabbly count the number I've seen all year.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  23. Muttley

Muttley

I'll need to see a video as proof.

24. erlomd

erlomd

I second that...even if it's not true, it would still make for interesting television.

25. they ran over a cat and mailed it to wisconsin to be swung around.
    :D

26. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I can tell you where its NOT........Litchfield,Maine

27. Jimv

Jimv

60's man!!lol
    JimV

28. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

The state of ILLINOIS!!!!!:D

29. Cerberus

Cerberus

If you are going to base this on which state has the most car shows, California WINS hands down. I would also bet that there are more pre-64 vehicles registered in California than any other state.:p