Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hawaii HAMB @ 808 Speed Shop's Open House

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky444, Oct 28, 2009.

1. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Bummer. Are the barges open? Do you use a container for your car? Can you get to as many islands? How expensive is expensive? Gary

2. Lucky444

Lucky444

These are the shipping rates. You can find all the info you need here....

http://www.htbyb.com/yb/shipvehicles.php

One Way Vehicle Rates To/From Honolulu
    0 - 2,500 lbs. $168 - $196
    2,501 - 4,000 lbs. $201 - $233
    4,001 - 6,500 lbs. $283 to $325

Discounted Round Trip Return Rate within 30 days
    0 - 2,500 lbs. $62 - $78
    2,501 - 4,000 lbs. $72 - $89
    4,001 - 6,500 lbs. $97 - $117

3. 2Loose

2Loose

I'm gonna have bring a car over on YB one of these days.
    And for sure your next "open house", I will find a way to be there....
    Got the "flip front end" working pretty nice on my gasser project....
    Now setting up the ladder bars and coil overs in the rear, needs some fab work, and some "beefing up" back there, with that blown olds puttin da suds to da ground back there.....
    Don't want anything breakin loose back there fo shure.....

Thanks for posting all those pix, enjoyed lookin through em all....
    Here's how my flip front end looks now...
    [​IMG]
    The hood is pinned to the fenders, so I can remove the hood separately, and still flip the fenders with or without the hood in place.
    Posted more pix here....
    Aloha,
    Willy
    Pukalani, Maui

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. CalGasser

CalGasser

Good to see a new speed shop opening again - instead of closing. When I raced there, there were Kupacha Racing, Ron's Racing & Nakano's shop. Service Center started toward my end days. I didn't see where this new shop is but I take it it's on Oahu? Leeward side? I'd like to check it out when I go back. Aloha!

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Great info... many thanx, Gary

6. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

We are counting the days... Can't wait to get back to sand, sun, and seeing our friends.

We are staying right past the Foodlion in Sunset Beach.

Highly recommended...

Just make sure I get to see that track roadster in june... please!

Absolutely beautiful place and the best host known to man.

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

7. Lucky444

Lucky444

Hey Willy, checked out your link to your shop. The Gasser's looking cool, man! Keep you posted if anything comes up.

Martin's shop is in Pearl City. You can check it out on his website...

www.808speedshop.com

Definitely a good thing having him around. Too many places going belly up lately.

8. Lucky444

Lucky444

Hey Kevin, tracy said you're the official "HAMBassador"!

9. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

10. Special Ed

Special Ed

Those Young Bros. inter-island rates are more expensive now then we used to pay to ship on Matson from the mainland...

11. Lucky444

Lucky444

Hell, it's close to a grand to ship one way from the West Coast to Oahu now. Around $980!

12. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Yep, We Love Tracy!

I'm probably the "Official HAMBasshole".

The girls are going shopping in Honolulu, so looks like I'll be hanging with you. If thats ok?

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  13. Lucky444

Lucky444

Thought I'd throw up these photo's my wife took of our drive home after the Open House. I like the one going by the old HAWAII Theater, Downtown Honolulu.

Attached Files:

14. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Hey Lucky,just checkin out the pics.Your little Chevy is way cool man.I like it.What did you use for the hood moulding?.I have vinyl top moulding for mine.Your wife's Dodge is pretty nice too!.

15. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Would love to ship mine there next year.

16. I have been back on the mainland for over a year now, I miss it once in awhile.

17. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Damn, those shots are killer. Black and whites of those could be confused with 50 year old pictures. Love it. Old Honolulu usually gets skipped by the tourists, shame. It's really beautiful.

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

18. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I've been back for 3 months now and have been making plans the whole time to get back over there.

Kevin

19. Looks like fun. Now someone Fedex me a plate lunch and some Spam Musubi!!

20. Lucky444

Lucky444

Thanks a lot Colonel, appreciate the compliment! She's a long term rolling project. I got that hood molding from Chevy's Of The 40's. It's a polished aluminum bull nose strip that is bendable and comes with clips. Basically what you've got. My wife's Dodge is a really cherry stocker. Still 6 volt, original, unmolested everything.

21. Lucky444

Lucky444

Bet you don't miss the hot and humid summers!

Yup, the Downtown/Chinatown area has a lot of cool older architecture.

Even with FedEx, I'd hate to see what that plate lunch would look like when it got to you in Florida.:eek:

22. 50merc808

50merc808

when we lost HRP (hawaii raceway park) years back alot of shops didn't notice a drop in business until maybe 2 years after the closure. Since then everyone started selling off vehicles , and alot of our customers stopped buying parts so we kinda hoped the Superferry would be the answer to that steady decline..people could ship cars here to be built (oahu), and cars could be transported out to still get some track time but not break the average enthusiast. That flopped and alot of the shops are gone for good, or barely hangin in there. Oh well , thats just how it's gotta be right?! Thanks Hawaii HAMBers for showing up and helping out...let's get together again soon. V Young we're in Aiea (Oahu) stop by anytime you're always welcome to hang out.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  23. 50merc808

50merc808

Jason tell Tracy she's got mad skills , taking cool pictures while driving isn't easy. Btw doesn't that fall under our new anti "hand-held device" law...$80 or $90 citation brother, it's worth every penny those pictures are definately keepers.

24. Lucky444

Lucky444

She took some great pics with her iPhone on the fly, and yes, that definitely falls under the new law! She's the law breaker between the two of us. Don't let that smile fool you. :)

25. rustfarmer

rustfarmer
    from Hawaii

Dang! Sorry I missed it. Whats the address - phone no? What kind of work do you guys do? Looks like Best Buy (Aiea) in the background in some of the pics. Post up some info on the shop.

jk

26. rustfarmer

rustfarmer
    from Hawaii

One more question. Is the pinstriper a local artist?

jk

27. Lucky444

Lucky444

28. 50merc808

50merc808

yeah she's a local artist, i don't have her contact phne number but i think her email should be on her website.
    marlenespence.com

29. CalGasser

CalGasser

Thanks for the invite 50Merc! It was a sad day when they closed HRP and they wonder why people race on the streets...? It's too bad that the main island don't have a track and the outer islands do, makes no sense at all. But it's good to see that the car activity hasn't died completely. Is your shop in Waimalu? I used to have a house on Waimano Home Rd. in Pearl City years ago before moving to Calif. so I'm somewhat familiar with the area. Next time I come "back home", I'll come and look you guys up. Good luck on your venture! Vic