Register now to get rid of these ads!

GLASSMAN w/ patterns for any car/truck---will cut and ship worldwide

Discussion in 'The H.A.M.B. O'Dex' started by ChrisBlattie, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herbh

herbh

Just had Chris cut the windshield for my chopped 65 Chev. panel truck. wish I had heard of him two years ago. I was on my third one. another VERY happy customer. great job. Herb

2. Greg in Jax

Greg in Jax

Another terrific set of glass from Chris, same excellent quality and very quick sefvice as the other two. This was a pair of '32 Austin Bantam Roadster windshield pieces that he cut from a tracing of the frame. Highly recommend his work, and his price including shipping was half the price of having it done locally in Jacksonville, Florida.

3. ChrisBlattie

ChrisBlattie
    from Montana

Thought I'd put some pics of the sweet panel I chopped the windshield down on for Herb down in Sheridan. Yes you sure can cut curved glass! I did this whole job in less than 3 hours & it fit awesome.

Attached Files:

4. birdman1

birdman1

I got a set of glass for my 1939 fORD COUPE, BRONZE TINT, IS EXCELLENT!! HIGHLY WRECK-O-MENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

5. I just got my set of glass for my 34 truck from Chris. Like the others said, you won't have to worry about breakage in shipping because he really know how to package the glass! I have yet to install it, but it looks good with a nice tint like I wanted.
    EDIT!!
    Finally got around to trying....emphasis trying to install the glass in my truck. The windshield is wrong. One side is taller than the other and the curve at the bottom is too curved and will not seal in the frame. The back glass is supposed to be rectangular but the glass I received is cut with a curve in the bottom that is so accentuated that it curves above the molding. Only the door glass is correct. I have informed Chris about this FUBAR mess. If he addresses the problems with this order then I will edit this again, but as for now, I have nothing but disappointment with his product. If you have bought from him, please check your glass as soon as you get it.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  6. kraz13

kraz13
    from Phoenix

man this glass is perfect. fitted rite too. best service ever and thank you chris !
    [​IMG]

7. mightymike

mightymike

14 January,2014
    Hi everyone I would like to say Chris is an outstanding glassman. He has
    made a perfect set of glass for my daughters 5 window coupe. From the
    time I called him to the time I received the order was only two weeks.
    I have talked to folks who do this special work in my state and as
    soon as I said old car the price went to the moon. All were not confident
    about shipping. Chris performed his skill as a total professional and went
    the extra mile to insure the glass was protected long after it left his shop.
    I would refer Chris to all I come in contact with and will be contacting him
    soon for my 57 Chevy's needs. Mike

8. the "glass man".....C. Blattie......great price,great fit, great communication, great shipping container.......
    next time I need glass I'm calling C.Blattie, aka... the "Glass Man"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Got the glass for my 46 Sedan Delivery. Fit and finish are excellent! Finally have something to hold the heat in. Thanks Chris!

10. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

I needed a door glass for my 34 Ford 5 window and was about to order from an old ford parts supplier when I saw this thread..Chris gave me a great price with shipping and was able to deliver it quickly..Just installed the glass today and it came out great..Highly recommend him and will get Chris to make the glass in my chopped '33 coupe when shes done..

11. Bulletnose26

Bulletnose26

So, I cut a luan template to fit my windshield post. Not knowing jack about glass, I relied on HAMB member recommendations, and sent Chris a PM. He asked me to trace a full size paper template from my luan, and send it to him.
    A few quick text messages, a quick payment, and bam, I got my glass. No hassles what so ever. Packaging was bulletproof!
    A true pleasure. He answered every text I sent him, in a very timely manor.
    Thanks Chris!

Attached Files:

akbat likes this.
  12. Bulletnose26

Bulletnose26

Sent a PM to Chris about my windshield. Text messages made communication very quick and easy. Great price, great crate and great glass.

Attached Files:

13. Deadelvis2000

Deadelvis2000
    from Austin, TX

I cant say enough....an amazing job. Chris was exact on the cut from my pattern and gave me a nicely polised top edge. Check out the shipping crate. I might add...a pleasure to deal with.

Attached Files:

14. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

I just got my windshield from chris. I am not only very happy with the way it turned out, but also with the whole transaction. Chris is a straight up guy, highly recommended!

15. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Thanks Chris for the quick turn on the Coupe glass.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. opunui

opunui
    from Honolulu

Chris your mail box is full

17. It’s been a pleasure dealing with Chris, he is always quick returning your calls and helping any way he can to make the purchase of your glass as easy as possible. I had him mount my glass in the windshield frame (28 Tudor) and install the side glass hardware too. When I received my glass it was a simple job to install it. It fits perfect and looks great. I would recommend Chris for all your glass needs, he’s a wonderful person to deal with..

18. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

So it looks like I'm gonna have to stand up and be the asshole here. In a sea of Chris fans here call me UNIMPRESSED, UNDERWHELMED & UNSATISFIED.
    So before a bunch of you tell me how awesome your experience was -please understand I ALREADY asked those questions - THAT'S why I went with Chris in the first place! I know he CAN do good work - it's just not what I got.

So in the beginning of May I ordered 3 pieces of class for my '47 Ford truck. The door glass I got tempered and EXACTLY to the descriptions it was BEAUTIFUL - JEWELRY - PERFECTION! So YES I was very impressed. That honeymoon ended as soon as I unpackaged the 2 windshield pieces. If you look thru the photos (sorry I'm not very good at taking pictures of glass) but look close and you can see: 1) numerous chips on edge of glass, 2) irregular shape 3) large bevel on 1 corner - presumably to remove REALLY large edge chips 4) overall lack of craftsmanship, but hey the seal covers it - so I didn't make a big deal out of that, but it was disappointing. So the BIGGEST problem was the inch / inch and a half scratch in the center of the glass. So I called Chris about the scratch not mentioning the other disappointments -those were totally obvious - he knows what he sent. He was as nice as could be and said he'd get me a replacement out - I made the mistake of telling him I was in no hurry - well here we are 5 months later -no replacement glass. Oh I almost forgot - ALL the pics here - that's the "good" piece.

At this point I don't even give a shit anymore and certainly don't expect the replacement to ever arrive so I will go find someone else and chalk this experience to taking it in the rear and just move on.
    Chris by all accounts you are a great guy and have done great work for many, but you know this is no way to run a business. When quality goes from stellar to 2nd rate in the very same order - better stop slow down and correct the problem.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    56don likes this.
  19. ChrisBlattie

ChrisBlattie
    from Montana

His glass has shipped :)

Fedex # 780147334200

20. Markusohreallyus

Markusohreallyus

I purchased from Chris a complete set of glass for my 31 Model A Coupe (tempered 35% shade and laminate clear windshield) -great craftsmanship, the tops of the door glass is so nice and polished smooth -all other unseen edges looked great too! Great/easy communication, good price and professionally shipped! Thanks!

21. Chris is A 1 to deal with!! He will always be my glass guy!!

22. Markusohreallyus

Markusohreallyus

Anyone out there that needs glass done right, Chris Blattie is the man. His work is done very well and is reasonably priced -and he's very customer-satisfaction-oriented as well. Thanks Chris!

23. AdeQ8Styl

AdeQ8Styl
    from TEXAS!

Chris knocked out a split windshield (laminated) for my chopped merc. Wife even wants to keep the "awesome box" it came in. Super great price for the work, windows fit perfect. Thanks a lot

Attached Files:

24. ChrisBlattie

ChrisBlattie
    from Montana

I hired more help folks, and am wanting to get the hot rod glass business ramped back up!!!! Help spread the word for us please! If you or anybody you know needs any glass, give us a shout!!

-Chris
    406-690-6467

oldwagonlover likes this.
  25. sbeard73

sbeard73

Chris does top notch work!! The gray tented glass on my 35' Ford truck turned out perfect. I'm working on my next 35' Ford truck and Chis will definitely be the glass guy on it as well. I think the green coke bottle will be kool on this one.

26. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Sort of hard to tell but this is green glass from Chris. IMG_0500.JPG

27. pm sent need glass for a 59 now this will be my 3 time using chriss

28. Just received the windshield Chris cut down for my 52 Chevy and it looks great . I sent him a paper pattern and had the windshield drop shipped directly to him. Since i am in South Carolina and he is in Montana, I was a bit worried about getting it here in one piece but it arrived wrapped in bubble wrap and packed in a very heavy box.
    I will continue to use and recommend Chris Blattie to all my friends and customers. Great service at a great price!!!

29. Warning to anyone who has bought glass from Chris. Check it for fit as soon as you get it. There are several people on here as well as myself who has received glass that is cut horribly wrong. My windshield glass is cut so far off that there is a gap between the bottom of the glass and the windshield frame. I have read responses from others with the same problem. My back glass is supposed to be rectangular with straight bottom and top and it comes to me curved. Sending him correspondence seems to be futile.
    I don't know why he has some good reviews and some people like myself got totally screwed with crap that is unusable and looks like a crackhead cut it. Maybe its the new help he said that he hired, if so, they aren't worth a shit.
    And a competent vendor should make restitution for such inferior work.
    Chris? It would be nice if you would reply to my correspondence that I sent you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.