Register now to get rid of these ads!

GLASSMAN w/ patterns for any car/truck---will cut and ship worldwide

Discussion in 'The H.A.M.B. O'Dex' started by ChrisBlattie, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am also a repeat customer. Super nice guy and is supperb at packing, shipping, cutting glass!! He will always be my go to guy for glass and I will highly recommend him.

2. Chooglin

Chooglin

Just picked up the glass for my 54 Chevy 3600 from Chris a few days ago and couldnt be happier!

This guy does amazing work and like has been said, gives it an incredible jewelry level polish. Chris was super easy to work with, quick to return calls, and was completely flexible and helpful with what i wanted.

I highly recommend him.

Chooglin

3. Greg in Jax

Greg in Jax

Everything positive that everyone above said is more than true. Chris cut a windshield for my '38 Bantam roadster without a pattern, just my tracing of the inside of the windshield frame. Perfect fit, incredible shipping carton and packing, great communication and really quick completion and shipping. I will definitely be back for glass for my other projects. Can't say enough positive things about him and his service. Thanks!

4. 41fastback

41fastback

Another satisfied customer here. Just received glass for my chopped '31 A coupe. Took advantage of Chris's Fire Sale and glad I did. Top notch work and service at a great price. Order the glass and it arrives packed liked nothing you ever received. No running around to glass places. What else can you ask for? I recommend him for your glass needs.

5. melsfine39

melsfine39

Never met or talked to Chris Before this but, I took a chance because of the post on here and I can say, I've NEVER been HAPPIER with money spent!! Took about 15 days total from first contact to showing up at my door. All excellent pieces,well packaged, and a GREAT deal!!!!!!! Thanks Chris !!! I WILL BE IN TOUCH !!!!
    Mel:D

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  6. hotrodgypsy

hotrodgypsy
    from reading,pa

Chris is a good guy and a top notch glass craftsman....good to talk you through your installation process...he's your hot rod glass source..period !

7. alwaystiredlong

alwaystiredlong

Chris did a Great job on my glass order. I will definitely use him again. A joy to do business with! Thanks Chris,

8. castironkev

castironkev

Well, I'm in the UK.
    Took a trip to California on a car buying mission.
    Contacted Chris and ordered glass for a 61 Desoto and glass for a 60 Continental.
    He cut the glass and shipped it to my buddy in Cali who then shipped them to me in the back of a pickup we shipped to England.
    The glass fitted perfectly. I will never go anywhere else for glass now I know Chris!!
    The wooden packaging was exquisite too!! I have waxed it up and use it as a piece of furniture!! ( not really........... but you could!!!)
    Thanks Chris,
    Kevin. ( castironkev)

9. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

found Chris on ebay He did a great job on the glass for my 39. Another satisfied customer here.

10. sine-bar

sine-bar
    from Iowa

Just received the glass for my 41 Plymouth truck. It looks great, was packed great and got it in a little over a week.

Brent in Iowa

11. ChrisBlattie

ChrisBlattie
    from Montana

Hey if any of you fellas are on Facebook, send me a friend request! I'd love to keep in touch with more of my customers and keep an eye on these hot rods you're building! Find me under Chris Blattie on there.

And i also just would like to THANK you all again for your support, and THANKS to the HAMB for making it possible for me to mostly do this glasswork for a living!! Someday i'd love to find a business partner who can help me REALLY grow this business! Its hard work to make these pieces of glass and while i'm only 35, my body is already telling me that i won't be able to do this forever!

Also, don't hesitate to PM me with any technical questions....i've installed most everything and can remember the jobs pretty well, so if i can help, i sure will!

12. Greg in Jax

Greg in Jax

Another great windshield from Chris. As before, terrific quality, amazing shipping and the best customer service going. Thanks, and I will be back again. Greg in Jax

13. BigAl1961

BigAl1961

Just got my glass for my 37 Chevy Coupe, VERY pleased. Would recommend highly to anyone needing glass!!

14. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

One more time chris shows great cuctomer relations and came through with a top guality product I needed a window pretty fast and chris came through thanks again chris

15. ChrisBlattie

ChrisBlattie
    from Montana

Credit cards now accepted!!!!

16. Bluedot

Bluedot

Received all my '30 A Coupe glass from Chris today, and golly, I dunno what I can say here that hasn't already been said dozens of times. Let's try this.
    In a past employment, I was taught the Crosby Quality process. In that, they teach that quality is not goodness; rather it is meeting clearly defined requirements. Usually the customer defines the requirements, and the vendor is to meet them. But when it comes to windshields and windows, most of us don't know our glass from a hole in the ground. (Sorry 'bout that! :rolleyes:)
    Part of the Chris Blattie difference is that he'll help you up front in defining those requirements. He spent time teaching me how to make patterns and templates (the car is chopped), and about when to use safety and when to use tempered. When I sent my templates and payment, he stayed in touch, did what he said he'd do, and shipped when he said he would. Simple enough I guess, but those actions are all too rare any more. It's called customer service.
    No point in showing you pics of the glass which came thru in perfect condition, but below's a pic of how he shipped it (FedEx BTW). He takes more pride in his packing than some folks do in their actual product.
    So - great product, superb packaging, close communications, fair pricing, and a nice guy to boot. Others have said it, but worth repeating: no point in going anywhere else. Don't let shipping cost scare you to use a local source - he includes shipping in his quotes.
    THANKS, CHRIS!!
    Here's t he wooden "suitcase" he made for shipping - note the handle, which encourages the FedEx folks to keep it upright. Details.

Attached Files:

17. boutlaw

boutlaw

Very happy camper here! Got my glass today for my 52 F1, packaged in this incredably stout box. Very pleased with Chris's customer service and well made and packaged product, and even more important I saved more than $70 from what the glass would have cost locally and that includes the shipping from Montana. What a deal. Great guy, great service.

Brad Outlaw

18. Sir X Loin

Sir X Loin

Chris hooked it up! Awesome glass for my 51 Chevy. Packed like a pro. I wish I had the cash to do my whole car! I will be back in touch for the rest! A+ dude!!!!!

19. I would like to thank Chris Blattie.

I finally got my windshield back together--it took three tries. I had to go with thinner glass setting tape. I thought I measured it right but it turned out that I needed 3/64ths instead of 1/16th setting tape. I cut pie cuts around the bends.

I would like to thank Chris Blattie for his advice. I looked up Chris Blattie on H.A.M.B.; I read all of his threads and posts on glass and messaged him. He got back to me right away. He was very encouraging. He congratulated me on not breaking the glass on the two previous unsuccessful attempts. Chris offered up some advice and was a tremendous help. It turned out great. I will put in the windshield seal and re-install the windshield on the car this week. Although I was not one of Chris's customers, he was ready to help me with my glass install. Thanks Chris.

TonyMireles

Attached Files:

20. rustrodder

rustrodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got glass for my '31 Model A from Chris-great job! Awesome service and great product at a decent price. Plus he shipped it in a nice wooden box so it would survive the trip. I will be ordering again on the next project! alex

21. Gottkts

Gottkts
    from Hampton

Blattie is the man, just got my windshield today and like others have mentioned it was packed tight in a wooden suitcase lol. Great turnaround and awesome communication.

22. danamy99

danamy99
    from colorado

Just put in my glass for my 60 Galaxie I got from Chris. Looks a lot better than I ever could have imagined. He was the easiest guy to work with. He knows what he is doing and gives you what you want and exceeds your expectations. Got the glass to me quick with no problems what so ever. Don't go with anyone else for the old rides. Thanks Chris for the great job.

23. He also will give you tempered and polished edges for close to the same price. I will always use him. And he is easy to deal with and packages the glass in a great wooden box.

24. geoz3

geoz3

Ordered my glass from Chris 5 weeks ago, payment made 8/8/13, still no glass, no call backs, WOW..if he's that good, I'm glad I'm not using a bad vendor....

25. ChrisBlattie

ChrisBlattie
    from Montana

Just to clarify on George Covelli's post up there, he ordered a custom KIT for his 37 chevy pickup where he removed the windshield frame and wants to glue in the glass right to the body. I have his number saved in my cell phone and I've talked to him about 3 times on the phone and he always seemed pleasant. I also told him from the beginning that this wasnt normally how i do it but i'd do as he requested and make the kit, including painting a black band around the edge of the glass and supplying the rubber moulding to cover the edge of the glass. His glass was shipped last week and i did as i almost always do and called him to give him the tracking number. He still seemed happy then too, so i'm not sure why he posted this today! The only time i didnt call him immediately back was when i went on a fishing trip and didnt have my phone for a few days.

i've learned that you can't make everybody happy all of the time, but i still do my best to try!

RAR1947 likes this.
  26. geoz3

geoz3

Chris is correct, I posted after leaving 2 messages last week, with no call backs from Chris. I called a thrid time and he answered, gave me a update and call backed with the it's shipped info.

Chris has been super to work with, and I will order more glass from him.

I made the post thinking I had been ripped off. As you can see, I have not, as I stated, I will buy more glass from Chris, I'll just budget a couple more weeks for delivery...LOL

27. BigChief

BigChief

Another satified customer!!! Chris was excellent to work with and the glass showed up when he said it would, unscathed in that awesome box. Excellent product! Excellent Service!

-Bigchief

28. The man does great work

First set of glass was for my 53 ford and this set was for a 58 Edsel 2dr ht sent the old glass with frames this time ( I hat putting glass in the frames the traces are bad enough) both sets tinted tempered glass THE ONLY WAY TO GO laminated bubbles between the sheet of glass after years of Texas heat

Tinted glass will never need retinting it cant bubble the tint is in the glass

Cost is about the same around here, but there is a lot more attention to detail then the local glass shops give

And do not worry about getting broken glass he know how to pack it

THANKS again
    Dan Dagel "AKA gasser1"

DBA DAGEL'S REPAIR
    5025 Sherwood Dr.
    River Oaks Texas 76114
    Your low cost rod shop
    we only build driver no trailer Queens here

29. Thaplumbr

Thaplumbr

Chris did me an awesome job on the glass for my truck,I could not believe the quality,and am truly happy!!!,I will be ordering again in the future for another truck me and my dad are building. Great quality,excellent packaging,a real pleasure to deal with!!
    Leroy in Arkansas

30. BigChief

BigChief

I still get a kick out of my 80lb glass filled suitcase! LOL!!!

Gotta love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.