Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hey Rube, So Long For Now...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Well, best of luck and try not to be too hard on the Marylanders...many of them couldn't make up THEIR minds, either...

3. Ryan, Ryan, You worry way too much. Much fun and frivolity awaits you at the Jalopyrama. Sure, we're not Texans here, but we are a friendly lot. And what's this stuff about "Yankees"? We are South of the Mason-Dixon Line making us.....well I'm not sure what that makes us. As exwestracer notes, we did have a little trouble figuring out which side to go with during the War Between the States. Thankfully that's all behind us now and we just try to all be of like mind. We're ALL Hot Rodders. Have a safe trip and by all means relax and have a great time......Don.

4. Hey, Boss! "Officially", Maryland is below the Mason-Dixon, but as I'm sure you've experienced EVERYWHERE you travel, there's a "bad egg" in every crowd.

Now, I'm even more upset about not being able to make the show.....but family is first! Maybe next time......

5. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Nice vid,made my morning!

6. For Southerners, it's an unnerving experience to cross over the Potomac River and travel away from our homeland. But when forced to, it pays to be extraordinarily polite in the North. If you know the lesson of the Civil War....

What is the lesson of the Civil War?

You make a Yankee mad enough, Ryan, he'll come burn down your house....

7. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

We won't be too rough on ya,Boss....
    Hey,we're HAMB'ers,you know.....Hooligans like you!
    We'll have a cold YANKEE beer for you at the Moonlight Movies display.
    Look for the HAMB banner.

What is the lesson of the Civil War?
    The south would throw dynamite over the line at the north,they'd light it and throw it back....

8. Spike!

Spike!

Its not the north part that should worry you..it's the EAST part..you'll come back channeled and un-chopped...hahaha. Have fun Ryan.

Spike

9. Maryland is in the North? You're close, but not there yet - now, once you get to Jersey, you're getting "north"! LOL! As a New Yorker living in Virginia since '95, I've found that once like minded hot rods folks discover you being into hot rods, no matter where you are, other than the different accents, we all have the same passion so we therefore, by default, all speak the same language.

10. striper

striper

Do you guys really have different accents? I never noticed that ;)

11. Better watch out!!! You're out numbered.....If you here a banjo...RUN!!!!

12. I am a son of the South and always thought Maryland was a Southern State?.

Anyway,Ryan some of my best friends are Damn Yankees,,it's all in jest the common bond is we are all Hot Rodders and they talk too fast!:D HRP

13. speedyg948

speedyg948

hey hot rod ..we don't talk too fast, you guys just talk too slow,,,nyuk nyuk nyuk

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm a proper Texan... Anywhere north of Tulsa is Yankee country to us.

15. from your tone you are a broken man/ boy already
    you'll be eaten alive for sure ...
    hope the term" yankee "stays back home..Texas is big but people never ever squeal or are happily jailed about missing outsiders where your goin

oh ya have a good time and have witnesses or pics to show us..

16. Da Flash

Da Flash

Hey Ryan,
    Chris and Randy and their Tardell roadster are good friends of mine, and she can drive the wheels off just about any thing. They are good folks and I hope you get to meet them some time.
    Da Flash

17. Any thread with a Super Constellation in the picture (the three tails behind the other two) gets may attention, regardless of the message. Fond memories.........

18. It's the grits!:D HRP

19. X2

Looking forward to meeting you, boss!

20. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Haha...blend in....with Blake wearing his hat I'm sure..

21. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

Hahaha Amen brother

22. Ryan, you won't feel too displaced as we say "yawl" here and you'll likely see some Cowboy Cadillacs with TX plates ridin' on the MD highways. Besides, once you go through those Armory gates, you'll feel right at home amongst the hot rods and like minded folks! Welcome to the Jalopyrama!!

23. Steve Hedke

Steve Hedke

Ryan, I have friends in the MA/ME area who have one of the coolest cars in the country; a replica '35 Ford Indy car, complete with 21 stud flathead. And they drive it in Greatrace: it has a lot of x/c miles on it. We all speak the same language. Like 'Irish-Americans' I prefer to look at them as 'Boston-Californians'.

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It's not the accents you need to be worried about... It's the food! They think Itallian food is spicy up there! Any trip to the northeast requires at the very least the packing of some jalepeno so you can taste anything!

25. I thought you were from KC? ;) Have fun.

26. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

27. Hope to see you at the meet-n-greet. PS. Do NOT wear a Dallas Cowboys jersey.

28. Spike!

Spike!

He is...I can see him at the bar...

Spike

29. ......Good advice there, Jack.:)

30. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I am a "half-back", born in Pa, moved to Fl, retired in SC.