Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

Damn!

Now I have to get some Rims!!!!

That looks great!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

thanks bob.
    is there a way to slow down the change?
    I think I am in a toss up of either orange bottom/white on top, or the one with the white stripe down the middle.

3. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Any help with my honeys new ride.....Turquise flat, wide whites, turquise smoothie wheels still white grill & bumpers....and lowered.....not in the weeds, but lowered..Thanks in advance if you can help...John

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and DylanHill1931 like this.
  4. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I tweaked it a little to slow it down, check it out.

5. So what does she think of it?

6. Kruhe67

Kruhe67
    from USA

I am not on her posting but am on watching the incredible talent this forum has. Thank You.
    Here's a salute to Elden Titus Vibrasonic. 3 steps and I hope one day it will look like the 3 shot. May he rest in peace. ~ Jack

[​IMG]

7. Kruhe67

Kruhe67
    from USA

Man sorry about my terrible spelling. Here's another Photoshop job I did for fun. Ed Big Daddy Roth in a space Mega Hauler Hauling a Rover on Mars. Mr. Roth really like Space. ~Jack

[​IMG]

8. bbdiamond

bbdiamond
    from ROY, Utah

i need to learn photo shop. Wow good talent on here.

9. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

10. cool stuff...JamesD and Bobj49f2 thanks for the work ya did on my 54 plymouth wagon/sedan delivery...lotsa talented folks here on the hamb

11. How about a list of suggestions for posting a pic of your car or truck for a repaint or top chop? Just to make things a little easier and to ensure better results.

*Try to submit a minimum size of around 600 x 800 pixels. For a quick rendering around 1200 x 1600 pixels would probably be about the maximum size you'd need. A full 5MP or 8MP image is overkill and will mess up the frames in the forums if you post it full size.

*If you want something dropped and/or chopped, try to get a straight on side shot from eye level or a little lower. Try to not shoot too close up with the camera set for wide angle; it adds a lot of distortion which can be hard to work around. If you can, step back a few feet and zoom the lens in a bit to fill the viewfinder. Shooting slightly telephoto eliminates a lot of distortion.

*Fill the frame mostly with your vehicle, but leave a little room to work around the front and rear ends.

*Try to get everything evenly lit. Outdoor on a sunny day is good, but avoid shooting into the sun. Actually, a bit of overcast or clouds isn't the worst thing either, especially with dark and highly reflective surfaces. The fewer highlights and reflections, the easier it is to "repaint" over "bodywork" and match shading.

*If you have to shoot indoors and you've got a fair amount of light, try to use a tripod or some kind of support. Take a long exposure using the exisiting light instead of the camera's flash. And use the camera's delay timer to trip the shutter. If you want to get fancy you can even set the camera's white balance so you don't get a weird color cast from the flourescent light in the garage.

*If you're wanting a color change, you can shoot from just about any angle you like. But again, even lighting is a big help.

Now suppose you want to experiment with some different wheel and tire combos. Sometimes I can do an image search and find something suitable but a lot of the time the images are too small. If you've found a good source of tire and wheel pics, how about posting some links here.

Or how about this. If you've got some cool older style wheels or mags, take some straight on shots of them and post them here. And maybe someone can collect them and maybe save them online somewhere like in a Flickr album that anybody can access.

And of course, feel free to add any suggestions of your own.

12. Deadhead

Deadhead
    from N,E,Texas

El camino that sucka/ cut down the other

Attached Files:

13. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Here's what I came up with for the pickup:

[​IMG]

14. Deadhead

Deadhead
    from N,E,Texas

A little Xtream but cool

Attached Files:

15. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

GREAT JOB, Vicki says THANKS!!!!! can you do it full size not showing the morf...she is goint to print it and draw graphic ideas on paper pictures....John

16. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

GREAT JOB, Vicki says THANKS!!!!! can you do it full size not showing the morf...she is goint to print it and draw graphic ideas on paper pictures....John

17. NateSedan

NateSedan
    from Oregon

These are all great. Very talented stuff. Someone should do a quick tech on how to do this in PS or PSE. Alot of guys would get a kick out of doing this but dont know where to start.

18. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

I myself have CS2 and sooner or later I'm going to, um, Procure CS3...lol.
    But as for putting instructions on here on how to do this, wow, it would be an undertaking. Best thing you could do is go to Barnes & Noble and find PHOTOSHOP IN EASY STEPS. Great book with full color illustrations and step by step instructions. Best $10 bucks you'll ever spend for Photoshop.
    Photoshop is a great way to make changes to your ride and see how they would look without spending any money on it or making a cut you cant come back from on your ride.
    Here is a before shot of my Dodge and then a Photoshop rendition of what it will end up looking like by Christmas....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And here it is at the shop....
    [​IMG]
    Laters and I hope I helped you all out who want to give Photoshop a try!
    Jef

19. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

I agree with the edjamacation thing! Learn us some photoshop:)

20. I know its a terrible angle, but can someone photoshop this with watson style panels (think of the red 53 ford with burgdandy panels on a gold base, except I want a lime greenish panels on a similar gold base) Or a nice pearl surf green, with a pearl white top, and some tasteful scallops. I would appriciate it!

[​IMG]

21. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Here it is

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 and DylanHill1931 like this.
  22. JackShaft

JackShaft

-Custom Crestline

It's quite limited what can be done with such a limited start. Mind if I try to find a similar car and do the photochop from there? Seems a waste to throw that much paint and work at a small/crowded photo.

I'll see what I can do anyhow.

-Andy

23. Its not a problem, I'll look for more photos, I have a fairly large one of the car when it was "stock"

[​IMG]

[​IMG] (yet again, another bad angle for photoshop, but a bigger picture no less!)

Better? If not than I can snap some tomorow.

I really appriciate the work!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  24. JackShaft

JackShaft

If you can get a picture of the car with the size of the second picture and the angle and lighting of the first picture (both from the latest post) that would be the best base to work with. Try to follow the previous guide on filling the frame with your car and not much else.

For the colors you mentioned I'm thinking of going with a gold base of the color Goldenrod (seemed appropriate) and then painting over that with a Chartreuse

Goldenrod:
    [​IMG]
    Chartreuse:
    [​IMG]

These will of course be shaded when on the car so it isn't the flat colors you see here. But since it's getting to be 4am here I won't get started till tomorrow.

-Andy

25. JackShaft

JackShaft

James D outshines me again, no shame in that however. Love your work sir!

26. Thanks! Hope I didn´t step on your toes by "stealing" this one.

27. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Here's one with scallops:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  28. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Could someone do this one for me:eek::D:rolleyes:.....I was thinking a dark maroon or any other ideas would be great...thanks. :D

Attached Files: