Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sneaker Pipes?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swingcatt, Aug 30, 2007.

1. swingcatt

swingcatt

Is anybody putting sneaker pipes on their rods? Have any pics of your design? They look like the best of both worlds to me. Wild for Saturday and mild for Sunday. :)

2. nexxussian

nexxussian

"sneaker pipes"? You gonna hot rod your shoes?

Okay, I had to. Now are these the ones that hou hook to cutouts to direct the exhaust somewhere other than just under the car?

3. Bull

Bull

Is this what you mean?

Up close:
    [​IMG]

Underneath:
    [​IMG]

From the side:
    [​IMG]

4. hr31hr

hr31hr
    from PA

Bull, do you have a shot of the exhaust near the axle and out of the back? Great looking sedan by the way!

5. Bull

Bull

This is the best I can do. Sorry, no shots of what you're looking for from underneath. By the way, those awful tail lights are gone now and have been replaced by stock A lights.
    [​IMG]

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I do mine a little different. I make the front exhaust pipe from the headers to the lakes cap one flowing piece for MAXIMUM HP when they are uncapped.:D:rolleyes::rolleyes: The pipe to the muffler is stabbed into the side of this pipe. The poor flowing 90* joint won't hurt much during normal muffled driving. It don't mount to a hill of beans really but the theory is correct.

Almost all of the lakers that were stabbed into the side of the exhaust pipe were added after the stock exhaust was in place. I had the luxury of building the whole system from scratch with them in mind.

[​IMG]

The early Hedman header connectors brought the muffler pipe out of the side of the collector. Remove 4 bolts and race!

7. Bull

Bull

That's a great idea Tommy. I'll actually have to have mine redone when I add my Sanderson Headers. I may steal your idea.

8. swingcatt

swingcatt

Yeah! Thanks guys! I think that's exactly the set up I will do on the 37'. I like Tommy's idea. Will probably fabricate something like this, incorporating the crossover and the cutout.

Bull, do you have blind pipes in the back? I would think it'd be neat to tuck your normal tailpipes up under the body and angle them down so you can't see them from the street.