Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kit for Model A Tudor into Sedan Delivery?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by badshifter, Feb 28, 2011.

1. badshifter

badshifter

Anybody cut the back out of a Model A and build a delivery door out of it? I seem to remember someone offering a kit, maybe out of Australia? I have a customer wanting it done,and I don't want to build from scratch if something is out there. Any ideas? Original steel car.
    Thanks

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  2. Gibbons made a glass delivery kit years ago.

3. badshifter

badshifter

I remember them now that you mention it. Seems that there was a steel kit as well, in the last year or two/three.

4. rustrodder

rustrodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just saw 2 guys that make a fiberglass kit 2 weeks ago at a swap meet in Florida. I'm at work tonight-I'll PM you with their info tomorrow. They make 2 kits-one with all the parts loose with the door and one assembled ready to install. alex

5. I would be interested in that as well.

6. badshifter

badshifter

Perfect, thanks.

7. 1RuleRods

1RuleRods

8. The quarter windows on a Sedan Delivery are longer than they are on tudor sedan. Gibbons kits included the upper quarter sides that had the longer opening (blanked out)

9. felix37

felix37

I believe the company that was making the steel kit was making them only for the 32'?? I could be wrong!

10. 1930 Model A

1930 Model A

Hello, in responce to the question about a "Model A Sedan Delivery Conversion Kit" I'm the guy that makes the kit for 28/29 and the 30/31. These kits come in many different forms...stock hinges/latches or hidden hinges or whatever you want. The best seller is the complete kit reade to install in your car in just one day. Give me a call....Bill at (727)539-6295. or email me at [email protected]:) for pictures and more info.

11. 1930 Model A

1930 Model A

Hello again....we not only make the Sedan Delivery kit we also will be making a complete 30/31 Model A Tudor Sedan and a 30/31 Model A Sedan delivery. The molds are almost completed so we will be producing these bodies in just a few months. These bodies are exactly like the original Model A except we made the mold so the doors will close flush.:)

12. waynestreetrod

waynestreetrod
    from arkansas

do you have a web site and how much do the cost?

13. Greg McLaughlin

Greg McLaughlin

14. Greg McLaughlin

Greg McLaughlin

I would like to get your conversion kit for the delivery, just bought a 28 two dr. that I want to install that back door kit for my business truck , especially if it can be done in day. email or call when you get a chance. My # is 801-450-4875, Mack.

15. this thread is almost 5 years old. might want to see if there still around.

16. I looked him up and he joined up here in March of 2011 and his last login was a month later in April 2011. I would have to say he must have been a "Flash in the pan"........

17. One of the main Model A parts suppliers has a kit. Sorry cannot remember who it was, but only came across it a few weeks ago.

18. Shouldn't be hard to find, I'll bet someone over on Fordbarn would know.