Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 El Camino.. Part Two

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Nov 10, 2011.

1. slammed

slammed

Yes, but the tarp can conform to a funnel with a quick frame of conduit or wood. Been there with cool temps rolling in before.......then it rained!! WTF Friday! Rust, wet sand, hood, gloves, oh yes been there won't do that again scene.

2. I need to call them. I haven't found anything out. I put a 10/32 stud and 2 jam nuts with thread sealer. No problems so far

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

You'll be fine, it's just like a standard ball valve now. I just get a kick out of finding why things are faulty. Most of the times it's something stupid. Maybe I should worry more about my fault's, like posting stupid stuff :rolleyes::D

4. It would be stellar, if it was formed using concrete. Clean up would be a snap, as the tarp wouldn't cling to the vacuum hose! I hate when that happens :D

5. Shhhiiiit! Stupid shhtuuff is where it at.. I got my whole life to grow up! I ain't startin' now!!

6. Right after finishing blasting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I used the rust remover, washed & dried it. As it sits now, with metal prep drying.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. magneto57

magneto57

Nice............rich

8. Thanks, I appreciate that

9. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

A little late now but TIP makes a nice round sieve that fits in the good old drywall bucket that lets you lift the tarp and pour the sand into a 5 Gallon bucket. Not a great deal of handling and no need to vacuum. I use a cabinet... and a couple of buckets that lets me change media in seconds.

10. thanks for that I appreciate it.

11. New T Shirts coming, an we now have feet..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. The_Hermit

The_Hermit
    from France

Hey, that's nice!

Do you ship overseas?

13. Yeah, I'd be glad to. Just have to get them made, now.

14. A little foam action

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. slammed

slammed

Bin a while, is the JJ Express on a mission?

16. These overpriced furniture pieces, are taking all my time. Working on the 55 couch & 56 chairs, bumpers.. plus this 60. Truthfully, this 60 is becoming my favorite.

Today's picture

[​IMG]

17. slammed

slammed

Cool, do well with those 'fine wine' folks and wah-la' Porsches and berets for Jay!

18. We sold my 66 Nova an a 1969 912(4cylinder version of a 911) to build my 55. That was over 23 yrs ago. I'm glad I still have it. I could've traded it for a 56 Nomad, which is my fav of the Nomads. Old cars are an obsession, of mine. Foreign cars get the finger.. Old cars get the thumbs up!

19. Hey JJ:
    Set aside an XL tee for me.
    I'll pay you when my welfare check comes in.
    JimSig

20. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Set on aside for me too.I'll get it when JimSigs welfare check comes in.LOL!

21. I accept EBT cards too, ya know! We don't have to wait for the 1st & 15th, anymore! I went and hiked Mt Baldy, today. So I'm probably gonna be soo sore, tomorrow. So it will probably be a good time to go get the new BVHR t-shirts started. I still have XL H&J t's, if anybodies interested.

22. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Believe it or not, there is a rap video (cheesy as hell) about the EBT, look it up on youtube.

I wear my Heckle & Jeckle shirts quite often.

23. I'll have to check out that video. Here's the print for the new shirts, and that's rad you wear the H&J's.

[​IMG]

24. slammed

slammed

Some Banshee warped fook went 4x4'n?! Look at that rust free body!!

25. The other side is supposed to be nice!

26. slammed

slammed

DAY_AME......nation good save JJ.

27. Might be some value in what appears to be an older 4x4 frame, also. Sometimes a handful of huge damage is easier to address than tons of little stuff...especially if it's rust-free (or close)...

28. I passed on it. The fin was bent down quite a bit. It could be kinda tricky finding a replacement. I'm sure I'll find a candidate, for the ol' El Extendo, sooner or later. I was surprised to find two, 2dr 59 wgns on C/L a while back. I was looking for one when I found my El Camino.

Shirts are ready. $18+shipping

[​IMG]

29. I noticed how off the moldings are, where they meet on the door and qtr. Being that the picture is from '59. I'd say I'm 'over' restoring mine

[​IMG]