Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Perfect Day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Nice story and sentiments...

I find that some people understand, when somebody I've only met once or twice comes up to me at a show of some kind.

Them: "Hey Mike"

Me: Blank stare

Them: "it's me... so-and-so"

Me: Furrowed brow and blank stare as I'm shaking their hand.

Them: "with the 19XX Chevy..."

Me: Stare, dumbfounded smile, shoulders slightly shrugged

Them: "Wagon..."

Me: "OH YEAH!!! love that car!! How are you?!? hows that 283 workin 4 ya, you done good picking those wheels where'd you get 'em... blather, blather, specific detail, blather, blather, how are your kids?"

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That was captured perfectly. Thank you Ryan. I've been excited and at the top of the world for a couple days now and I've been telling everyone how it was the best day of our life. I knew we'd all have a great time, our little crowd never fails at that. I'm glad everyone was there to share our perfect day with us.

And I know exactly what you're talking about. The next day in front of the entire family, when reading aloud the little rolled up papers that were placed in our funky guest book, Cammie couldn't make out someones handwriting. I grabbed it and confidently read aloud "What a BEAUTIFUL coupe!" I was beaming. Cammie was laughing.

"What?" I looked at her...

"It says 'COUPLE'..'What a beautiful COUPLE!'" She was laughing so hard she couldn't talk.

Whoops. Well it's beautiful to me...:)

3. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Paul, GOOD on 'y, a day to remember and treasure for the rest of your lives!

Nick.

4. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

There are some of us out here with similar feelings.....I honestly can't stand most people...cars either for that matter, but at least they don't talk....

Me too....starting to remember namers better, as opposed to just what car they drive. "Hey, there's my pal with the coupe, uhhh....George I think".....haha

Damn good read....

5. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Good read Ryan thanks and Congrats to the newlyweds

6. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Ryan, your description of yourself made me feel like I was looking in a mirror. Spot on to the way the world is to me.

I too, have been at least trying to remember people instead of only their cars.

Crusty

7. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

great read ryan, , ,,
    i can never remember names, but i ALWAYS remember cars..

8. What are you doing posting here????? YOU are supposed to be on your HUNEYMOON!!!!;)

9. Deadender60

Deadender60

I have the same problem... I don't know if it's just a car thing.. I also associate logos with people... I think it's a creatives thing.

I go as far as having their make and year of car listed as their last name in my cell phone
    For instance:
    Alfonso TBird
    Art 61Imp
    Brian 57Caddy
    Dave 55Buick
    Frank Rivi
    Henry Nomas
    and so on...

-Juan

10. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Congrats to the newlyweds!

Juan... my cell phone looks the same as yours bro. When people ask me... "Hey Jason, Frank, Jim, Matt, whatever wants to hang out this weekend, you in?"... I always ask "Who? What do they drive??" haha... nothing against anyone... I just work with tons of people everyday and can't remember names worth a crap. I need to identify them with something. And if I can identify them with something car related i'll remember them forever.

This doesn't explain the random names I do remember from someone I met once at a bar years ago though... my stupid brain...

-Chris

11. Thanks, that was cool to read.

12. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

You should change your name to Uncle Ryan. You old softie you.

Oh , It's definataly a mental issue, I've had it since birth. I LOVE CAR

13. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

A few pics:)

Cammie boozin it up prior to the ceremony:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]