Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2009 GNRS: Nobody Puts Baby In A Corner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 26, 2009.

1. autobilly

autobilly

Although the field was excellent, my pic (and that of about 25% of voters) was obvious at first glance. "Eldorado" caught my attention, then enamoured me after further inspection.
    Thanks for the coverage Boss, I am very excited to have been able to have been involved, even in such a small way.

2. jonnycola

jonnycola

Haha you're my new hero.

3. kustomkat

kustomkat

There were very many wonderful cars nominated. Tom is well deserving of the award. I think that car has more miles on it in it's unfinished state, than I do on all my cars. Very well done, Tom..

4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great car! I drooled over it for quite a while at the show --- Very nicely done!

Ryan, it was cool to chat with you for a bit on Saturday... Now I know why Lucky seemed tired when we stopped at the Old Crow shop on Friday haha :D

Malcolm

5. Geoffrey

Geoffrey

i think Evel likes Joanie!!

6. Rusty

Rusty

Damn he still around!

Tonight still jams!

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Ryan, it sounds like you handled things the way you handle this website, with style and class. I'm not one for trophys, but that HAMB trophy just looks "right".

Thanks again for all you do to promote and validate this little addiction of ours.

8. hhrTroy

hhrTroy
    from Burbank

Ryan it was an honor to meet you, the "man behind the keyboard", I really respect what you have done with this forum over the years, and the voice you have given to so many true hot rodders, and the HAMB award is no exception.

What really makes Tom's car such a deserving winner, is the pure fact that his car is true "Hot Rod" in every sense of the word. He has been driving this car in every stage of construction for MANY YEARS. I think this is true core hot rodding... home built, WELL built, and driven.
    RESPECT.

9. It's always nice when a dream comes true! I'd say your dream has come true,Ryan. An award from your website,voted on by members of your website,for a car that represents what your website is all about. What more can a guy ask for? I'll bet next years award will be one that is well sought after!
    Kinda nice to have an award for a style car that we can appreciate.
    I'm wondering if you will have this award at other shows,or just at the GNRS?

Just curious...Tom Branch a HAMBer?

Somebody just asked me if this was meant as a slam to Ryan. Absolutely not! I was mearly stating that something he started has come so far and he should be proud of that. Nothing else...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  10. Evel~
    Got a look at your car up close over by the palace, NICE!

11. rbroadster

rbroadster

Already making plans brutha.

They'll never know what hit'em.

I leave this Friday for a week of house hunting.

Wish me luck.

Hope and Andria are doing well. We'll miss you guys and being at the 'Rama!

- RBR

12. RUDOG

RUDOG

I feel proud to say that I was one of the 6 cars to share that room w/ Tom Branch in Building 3. I was bummed on thursday when they pushed us into Building 3. But when I backed my Coupe into that room w/ Scott & Robert Lomas & saw Tom Branch setting up across from me...all the bummedness went away. I even got to race around in the parking lot w/ him and his son after they kicked us out of the building on Sunday at 2pm! till we stopped and decided go back and park by the Suede Palace. Definite highlight of the weekend! Congratulations Tom!!! MUCH RESPECT............

13. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

14. Wow...very cool, so many things that make you go mmmm.

Congrats to all involved (both the 'competition' and the 'Ryan experiance'), and to the winner, although, by the sound of it, all who participated are winners in their own right.

More wow.....she's still hot:rolleyes::D Evil's the new Chachi ...RoCk On!!

Cheers,

Drewfus:D

15. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Tom's roadster rocks! Well deserved 1st placing.
    Paired with Diana's Tudor they have 2 of the damn coolest hot rods on the planet.

16. Peelout30

Peelout30
    from Missouri

some sweet cars, love the black coupe

17. Great coverage Ryan, must of us on the east coast never got to see views of this show like you presented.

18. barqsnut

barqsnut
    from Pearl, MS

Google SoCal Car Culture. This guy goes to a lot of events and posts lots of nice pics. He has quite an archive, also. Then there's Tom's Hot Rod Page. He's the guy with the well-patina'ed green Deuce roadster you see at a lot of shows. Just be careful you don't o.d. Both these have excellent coverage of the show.

19. barqsnut

barqsnut
    from Pearl, MS