Register now to get rid of these ads!

McCulloch Superchargers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. I checked that site out when I was trying to trade my nailhead 6x2 for a VS57.
    Pretty cool stuff really.

3. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE

i just recently bought a vs57 that i plan on putting on a 312 y block. I found this site and learned alot about them. now if i could only find the rest of the hardware.

4. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

A friend who raced 57 Fords on the beach at Daytona told me that only the factory cars ran the blowers because no one else could make them last a whole race without siezing up. They all ran the dual quads. The factory car blowers had special high dollar German bearings in the blowers that the production cars didnt, This shouldnt be a problem on the street now, just thought Id mention it

5. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

Click on the 30's section and when there in the tool bar to the left click pictures or photos...neat old pics

6. Kinky6

Kinky6

I've always liked the look of early speed equipment, and the McCulloch superchargers are right on up there. I was lucky enough to score a complete SN-60 setup for a small 144" Falcon six cyl. Its going on the 200" six in my '66 Mustang fastback. Off topic and off kilter! :D

Later, :cool:

brainfreeze likes this.
  7. 187 speed

187 speed
    from central Il

That website is an awsome resource for those of us who have these huffers!!!! I found my vs57 in my fathers attic along with another one completely dissasembled. He was a hot rodder in his younger days and horded some stuff he didnt want to part with. Anyways he gave the blower to me about 10 years ago, since I have rebuilt and polished it (needs redone) but never put it on a car, hopefully soon one of my projects will get it? I used the website alot when i rebuilt it.

8. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

As a kid in New York State, I remember when the State Troopers ordered a fleet on '57 Fords with the McCulloch superchargers to chase cars on the NYS thruway. Those high powered sports cars from NYC were leaving the troopers in the dust. Was a good idea until the local barracks had to get them tuned up or worked on. The little Ford dealers, my hometown was 1200 people, had no idea how to work with the units. So most yanked off the superchargers and put the spreadbore Holley four barrel option on the cars. You could find the McCulloch units on several Ford garage parts counters for sale in '58 but none of us kids had the dough to buy them.

9. salty40

salty40

The fella, Brian, who built my 1936/1940 Ford Truck runs a McCulloch supercharger on his hotrod. Talk about old school traditional! Brian is extremely talented, with my new ride and his hot rod in the latest issue of Rolls and Pleats magazine. Rolls and Pleats calls his ride one of the very best at 2007 Speed Weeks. You can also see and hear Brian's supercharged straight 8 Packard running on youtube.com . Do a quick search for 48packards8 and click on the video that runs about 1:07. It'll give you chills!

10. A31Slant

A31Slant

Check Out Paradise Wheels.com, They Rebuild And Sell Alot Of Parts For The Mccullochs. I Picked Up Brackets, Idler Arms, Pulleys For Chevy 235/261 Applications.

11. castirondude

castirondude

I spotted this beautiful installation of a McCullough supercharger in the Lone Star Roundup this spring of 2013. I did a search on the HAMB and to my surprise I'm not finding a lot of activity. This 6 year old thread links to an already defunct website.

Here are a couple of pics of the setup I saw in LSR 2013:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a nice and currently active website with info about the McCullough corp:

<a href="http://vs57.y-block.info/history.htm">McCulloch Supercharger History</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  12. Elrod

Elrod