Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone use these headlights from speedway?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by len_m, Apr 30, 2012.

1. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

are they H.A.M.B friendly--no..are they len_m friendly? your choice!

something like these? i bought these for no freaken reason :eek: BLC's?

Attached Files:

2. bob35

bob35
    from DFW, TX

Bought a set of the amber turn signal versions, and really like the concept. I like not having to add a protrusion off my buckets or somewhere else to accommodate turn signals, and they look way cooler when they blink than those turn signal bulbs stuck into the headlight bucket that causes the whole lens to blink ('35 ford). I really dig 'em. The mirrored portions of the cup look way better in person than they do in that photo... far less "odd" looking.

HOWEVER... I was incredibly disappointed with the quality. They are extremely "cheap", despite the not-so-cheap price, and I suspect won't last long under heavy use. They are all plastic, and don't even feel like "good plastic"... very easily scratched. Plus, the inside bracing and the attachment of the lens to the cup is really poor. Out of the two I got, one I had to completely take apart and "repair" right out of the box because half of it had fallen apart. Sad really, because I've found no other options I liked as much as these. I would even pay more if I had to, to get something of excellent quality and a similar design, but there's nothing out there I could find - only one other style of headlight with similar features that the turn signal portion didn't look as good on.

As such, I suspect I won't be using them, and will figure out some other method of having subtle, unobtrusive turn signals.

3. Fenders

Fenders

Agreed. This morning I was out in the barn and cut out a grille shell insert and installed it.... Changing the headlights and directional comes next... Thinking of Speedway 911-01001 items. Anyone used them?

Attached Files:

4. Building a car is like sex. You really only need to please yourself. Everyone else is just residual pleasure..:D

5. Has anyone noticed we lost the O/P a long time ago?

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

With an attitude like that, you're going to disappoint a lot of women! LOL

If the O.P. buys those lights, the Goodguise will accept him.

7. 2racer

2racer

He might have bought them and just want's to know in advance if he will be ripped a new one if he says anything on this forum about his cool new lights...