Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952 Hamburg, Germany
    Paul Waltensperger at the controls of his robot "Sabor"

[​IMG]

2. Kool66

Kool66
    from Dearborn

1952 Mercury.Nice one.

3. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

Even though the ride's not too far from over..I'm sooooo glad I grew up in the 40's and 50's! Great thread thanks.

4. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

looks like the machine is winning...

5. Kool66

Kool66
    from Dearborn

Ok gang here's a shot taken Christmas 1958.Me and my lifelong friend Charlie G. in front of his house in Dearborn Twp.Michigan.As you can see we're armed to the teeth.I don't have that Thompson anymore but he still has the Hubley pistol!We still have guns and once a year we go upnorth in Michigan to deer hunt.Neither of us seems to have been messed up by playing with toy guns all those years ago either.
    [​IMG]

6. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Early example of an airport TSA screening machine...

8. 1320/150

1320/150

peter fonda

9. From IMDB;

Richard Crenna was born into a modest-income family. His mother managed a small hotel in downtown Los Angeles where Richard and his family resided. When he finished high school he enrolled at the University of Southern California and majored in Theater Arts. He first appeared on network radio while still a teenager as Ougy Pringle in "A Date with Judy" (1946). When that show was canceled he was cast in the role of Walter Denton on "Our Miss Brooks" and stayed in the part when the show moved from radio to television (Our Miss Brooks (1952)). The part called for a gangly, awkward, cracked-voice adolescent. Crenna was a tall, graceful man with a rich voice, yet his acting skills were such that he was easily able to fulfill the character's requirements, leading many viewers to believe that he actually was of high school age, when in fact he was 26 years old at the time. When the show was canceled he was cast as "Luke" on "The Real McCoys (1957). Richard married shortly after his graduation from USC, but the marriage was short-lived. He met and married his last wife in the late 1950s. He has more than 70 major motion pictures to his credit.

I sometimes listen to old timey radio shows from the 40's and 50's on Zoomer Radio http://zoomerradio.ca/ out of Canada. 10pm Eastern Time, Monday thru Thursday. They play a different series of shows that run for about a week or so. No pictures, it's not tv, but spend an hour or so listening.

10. Kookie, Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb.... Connie Stevens 1959

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.