Register now to get rid of these ads!

Unfinished Nationals in Elma Washington

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Swingshift, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Swingshift

Swingshift
    from Tacoma WA

Anybody In the Tacoma Wa area going?

2. Swingshift

Swingshift
    from Tacoma WA

I hope these show up.

Attached Files:

3. PONY

PONY

Looks like fun. If the funds are there we will be two.. Did you go to Hotrodarama?

4. Swingshift

Swingshift
    from Tacoma WA

Yea I went to Hotrodarama,this year was amazing.I live 5 minutes from there and thats the only time I see most of those cars.People allways rant about driving their shit.But were are they the rest of the time?

5. What weekend is this happening? The Wizzard

6. Swingshift

Swingshift
    from Tacoma WA

7. Thanks, I'll come up and stagger around in a Daze again like last year. Anybody cutting up another car again?
    The Wizzard

8. DrJ

DrJ

This usta be for cars that didn't have their shiny paint on them yet because they were "In Progress." All the roadsters that got turned away from the "free gate" at the LA Roadsters show in other words.
    Now, cars are "finished" with no intention of ever having shiny paint, so how do they tell what qualifies anymore for the "Unfinished" Nationals? :confused:
    Or is it just a case of, if you're willing to make your wallet lighter at the gate, you can come in? :rolleyes: :cool:

It'd be funny if they turned away the actually completed flat black with red wheels "rat rods" because they were "too finished" :D

9. L.O.L. You sure have a point there. Maybe it's just frame of mind. There actually was some finished cars there last year. I think "work in progress" cars out numbered them though. It's a pretty Kool event and close to home so I'm going again. Maybe it will inspire me to do Something.
    The Wizzard

10. Paul

Paul
    Editor

what you hear at The Unfinished Nationals is that these cars are never finished, so the show has more and more complete (finished looking) cars

in the begining, when Mike (tough tin) ran it it was exclusively project orientated
    that was fun, it was like a garage crawl in the open air

I had an absolute blast last year chopping jkustom's Chevy with oldbeet and kmember,
    but will probably not make it this year,

I will be going to the Nastalgia Drags at Pacific Raceways that weekend though

11. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

I'm gonna be up there next week. Where exactly is Elma WA.? Sounds like fun. Try posting that flyer a little bigger. Thanks. -stick

12. Paul

Paul
    Editor

13. Tru dat 60's! and Dr J
    It's getting to the point where it's hard to tell if someones done all their gonna do!...until the next trend anyhow!! :)
    A few weeks ago i took my 100% original 50 Plymouth to a show...what class to put it in??...lets see "original"..no.. cause thats all restored Chevelles and stuff..."restored"..no...cause thats all restored Camaros and such..."unfinished" ..yeh..thats it!!
    Only to get my ARS kicked bt a $80,000. dollar.. "32",tons of chrome,powder coated red wires...but...hey...it's in black primer!! :(
    boooo ! the crowd roars in disapproval :)...told the show people that they need a new class...."un started" :)

Anyhoor enuff ranting...
    60 ,i'll cya at the oldies drags..i think(real busy)
    Pistonbroke;..is your name Dave??If so..this is Rick @MRP..long time no see

14. Paul Windshield

Paul Windshield

Paul "60's style" Smith took best of show at the first annual
    Unfinished Nationals with his 36 coupe in 1993.
    It was bare steel and beautiful.
    Gotta couple of worn out t shirts from the year after.
    Paul

Attached Files:

15. old beet

old beet

I'll be there, just because its FUN!!! I don't care how you do it in California!!........OLDBEET

16. edsel

edsel

I really had a great time there last year watching the guys chop two tops ! damn they made it look easy!!!! but gotta work this year and its a long drive just for sunday. but might do it anyway.

17. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

Can't believe I'm going to miss it, but I have a once in a lifetime type family obligation that weekend. Next year I plan to trailer an unfinished project to show. Trailer because at the pace I'm moving the body still won't be on the frame...

18. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Im probly not gonna make it either, although it is a Fucking BLAST!

I heard something about it being at the ocean this year or something?

19. Go to Olympia and hang a right

Go down 101 40 miles, where 12 and 101 meet is Elma

20. screwtheman

screwtheman

I went last year and it was a cool deal. A lot of nice and creative people. My girlfriend still has a picture of that slammed sedan (called Bad Karma maybe?) that was beside the top chopping area as her cell phone wallpaper. I wear my t-shirt all the time. From the flyer, it looks like the t-shirts this year may be even better!!

21. CGkidd

CGkidd

I haven't been able to make it to the show since they moved it to the coast. I really wish they would move it back up to Graham. The show was awesome when Mike ran it. Anyone that goes make sure to post pics.

22. They gettin to big for thier britches.

Now they charge to get in, and they got rice :-(
    and gold chainers :-(

Da Wolfman wannabe was cool

23. suedesled

suedesled
    BANNED

I chopped a top there on a 40 ford pu and didn't even get a thanks or a mention during the awards. But they did call back and ask me to do it again.

24. draggin37

draggin37

my brother (dueceburnout), my dad , and me took my 37 chev pu. up to the show on sat. i took the, YOUR GONNA DO WHAT? award. it was a good show we had a good time. dueceburnout should have some pics i just gotta get him to post them.

25. old beet

old beet

We were there all weekend and just had a blast. Met many cool people. watched the dirt track guys, drank way too much. Wife got "Coolest Cruizer" with her Merc. Really an all round great time!!!!!!!! Someone must have some pics????.................OLDBEET