Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motor City Flathead

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Digger_Dave, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

It might be me and my computer; but does Motor City Flathead still have a web site??

2. I used search words "motor city flathead" and it came up first on the list. I don't know enough about pc's or I would type or link the web address to your post.

3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

4. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Thanks everyone.
    Trouble is the site only shows CONTACT info. now.

I know Mark Kirby was dealing with some health problems a while ago, but the original site had product information .. and now it seems to be gone.

Anyone been in contact with Mark or the company in the past while?

I'm interested in purchasing a set of main bearing reinforcement bars for a flathead.

5. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

Mark is a lot better and busy finishing they new block casting. The main cap support they do does a real good job and is well worth the money.

6. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    Mark is a lot better and busy finishing they new block casting. The main cap support they do does a real good job and is well worth the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

BJJ, Thanks. Just saw the post on Flathead Jack's site on the NEW flathead that he and Mark Kirby are working on. WOW! That will be one "killer" flathead.

I sent an email to MCF yesterday regarding the main bearing support caps. Waiting for reply.

7. j miller

j miller

i have been reading all the stuff about motor city flatheads and i have tried to get on the site for a part i need but the site must be down. i am working on 47 flathead v8 and i read some where that they sold a full flow remote oil filter kit. any body know how i can get in touch with them or where i can buy this kit. thanks, grizzly.'

8. Scott K

Scott K

9. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Mark Kirby at Motor City Flathead has joined forces with Shadow Rods to develop an all-new, improved '49-'53-style ...
    <CITE>www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/...flathead.../index.html </CITE>

10. Harms Way

Harms Way

I was just down to see Jon, Mark, Tom, Ashley and the boys last week,.... Mark is working like a man on a mission, and when they do release the block it will blow you away.

It's not of the Flattie,. but I really liked the full fendered XL-27, so I got some cell phone shots of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Joe Johnston

Joe Johnston
    from Ohio

It lives! I saw the aluminum engine today. In for a 150 mile check over and clutch adjustment. Sworn to secrecy about ALL other details!

12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

You must have been around Gollers Hotrod Shop. At the nats Phil said he was putting the engine in the mule this week for a test run and he mentioned something about Pleasanton?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  13. Joe Johnston

Joe Johnston
    from Ohio

:D

Don't know where Pleasenton is, but if all goes as planned its headed for a long drive west!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  14. P Goller

P Goller
    from Ohio

15. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle
    from NYC

Are these "new motors" avalible?