Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sneak Peek: GARAGE #16!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stoner, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Westside Lefty

Westside Lefty
    from Venice

By the way, West Coast Choppers always has the new issues a few days before they officially come out so if you're in the area...

2. Stoner

Stoner

Oh, you mean this one?

Attached Files:

3. Westside Lefty

Westside Lefty
    from Venice

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! You ain't a man 'til you've dipped you pen in ink!

4. HMH INC

HMH INC
    from RALEIGH,NC

uhhh, what now? what uh, what were we , uh, talking, uh, DAMN !!!!! assssss...........

5. Oggie

Oggie
    from Nor Cal

Good job Stoner, I'm a cracker a$$ cracker married to beautiful black girl and when I can see those 2 aspects of my life put together, it makes me a happy man.

6. RF

RF

That didn't cause any problems--Jesse looks white, so nobody thought twice.

7. Stoner

Stoner

And for those of you who weren't around these here parts back in the first days of GARAGE, here's what the premier looked like:

Attached Files:

8. Stoner

Stoner

See a pattern?

STONER

9. h0twired

h0twired
    from Winnipeg

I hear where the other person is coming from.

I understand there are MANY places that the swastika were prior to the Germans using it, but there is a difference between a swastika and a Third Reich flag IMO. The only place I see Third Reich flags these days is in the neo-Nazi crowd.

I personally noticed the flag too and was wondering why it was there.

My grandparents and great-grandparents fought for the Reich in WW2 and they did so to prevent being shot by the SS. The flag doesn't bode well with me either.

10. photofink

photofink

Garage magazine is media.
    They are showing it like it is...just like the newspaper and t.v. news reports on neo Nazi activity and hate crimes and white supremest gangs. Doesnt mean they condone or like it. Just showing it like it is.
    If a news channel covered a story on neo Nazis would anybody say they are never watching that channel again?
    Just my 3 ¢

11. Eryk

Eryk

...And now back to our regularly scheduled broadcast.:D

[​IMG]

12. photofink

photofink

Photos never do those paint jobs justice. It hard to get all the detail and sparkle

13. Eryk

Eryk

True. You lose even more when they're printed.

Here's a better one of my top.
    [​IMG]

14. smokindave

smokindave

tell me they got a shot of Gooz's telephone in there...PLEASE....it takes me back to hawaii five o

15. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

I have been following this thread for a while now and I think that "Garage" is one of the most racially diversified magazines out there in terms of car culture and for that fact I am glad.. That why I subscribe .
    That and the fact that they have some of the most competent and clued in people writing these articles and oiling their girls.
    You all can question the obvious and make any assumptions you want about that one shot of the flag and it's symbolism, but if you really looked hard enough I would of thought everybody here would have picked up on the fact the Mullins /Rabbers chain drive streamliner while being patterned after the WW2 DeHavilland Mosquito in its paint job and quest for bering the fastest also has the symbol of the ww2 SS Das Reich panzer division on its flanks ,but it's key in the shield is flipped...Maybe a poke in jest to the current record holder who campaigns a BMW powered one???/ Who knows?... but like all of the previous stuff it's all just conjecture and some people have nothing else better to do than piss and moan.

Great mag keep it up!

Cheaterome

16. RF

RF

I know you weren't talking about my gramps--besides, my one grandpa was a senior citizen when WWII debuted, which is neither here nor there...but I still got your point.

17. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

[​IMG]

18. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

ok,,,if you get offened by things,,just stick to reading hot rod or car craft...

the real world is ALOT more offending,,,,,,

19. Oggie

Oggie
    from Nor Cal

My check is in the mail!!!! One more subscription sold.

20. I remember these shots from the same swastika filled issue. congrats to garage for upholding the anti censorship rule. great mag. seems to only get better with age. .....goozgaz I can't wait till one day seeing your car in person it has the 60's look awsome job .....eryk how much you wanna bet that cover girl from issue 15 has no clue that 7seconds is even a band?

21. Finally, someone has deconstructed the underpinnings of Garage's success: the careful Old World craftsmanship that goes into every girl-oiling assignment.

I humbly doff my hat, Jerome; once again you have proved yourself the Baudelaire of South Milwaukee bohemian hot rod society.

22. slammed

slammed

That put the HURT to me mister! How much fer dat back issue?

23. Stoner

Stoner

You're gonna have to go to Ebay for that, Slammed! Sorry 'bout that--we sold out of that issue LONG ago. Wish we still had some...

STONER

24. stoner, you saying that you can't do runs of back issues, and we gotta pay someone $100 plus for issue 1?I was looking on ebay just to see what they are fetching and I am wishing for the day money grows off of that damn tree in the back yard.

25. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I can draw you a rendition of it in crayon on the backsides of used fax paper for about $50.

26. 4 6 deed it

4 6 deed it

So i wonder if they've fixed the price thing on the mag covers yet!!...from 6.99 American to 8.99 Canadian been causing an uproar around here everyone thinks cuz ov the dollar we should be getting the mags for the 6.99 price not that it's any big woop but I thought I'd throw in my 2c's.. Great magazine either way..

27. JamesG

JamesG

Yea, and have you seen what they've been bringing on Ebay? Crazy money for that one!

28. bigBADwolf

bigBADwolf
    from Batavia,IL

hey fellas ,I've got a number one what is it going for?

29. Stoner

Stoner

Hey, 4 6--you Canadianians should be paying $6.95 for the magazine. We print $4.95/$6.95 right on the cover for that very reason. Lemme know who's charging you more...

And I'm gonna let y'all in on a little secret, but don't tell anyone: if I want a Premiere issue, I have to go pay $100+ on Egay for it, too--we sold out of that before I realized I should've kept a few for myself. Although, I think my wife stashed one or two away where I'd never find them...

STONER