Register now to get rid of these ads!

Riley Auto

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Ryan, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

I bought parts from him a few years ago all good

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I wouldn't risk it... Recently, he has been trying to create new accounts on the HAMB - I assume to continue taking people's money.

3. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

5. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Nope. It's not... But what Eric does is. READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD. I can't see a defense here... Not a rational one anyway.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  7. 1954HCCA

1954HCCA
    from LA

I had a terrible experience with Riley Auto. It's over and dealt with now, but I still get upset thinking bout.

One of the reasons I made the deal was because Ryan stuck up for him! I can see he has changed his tune. Too late for me!

8. HANDYHOTROD

HANDYHOTROD
    from usa

I wonder if MT Car Products knows Eric tried to use their name? I ASSUME that wouldn't go over well. That guy dug his own businesses' grave.

9. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Speaks pretty high of your character if you will give your $ to a guy who screwed so many fellow HAMB members. Dont be whining like a little bitch when he screws you too.....

10. silent rick

silent rick

and what would it say about my character if i were to abandon a friend? i don't know eric, i've never met him and i am in no way defending his actions.
    all i'm saying is i purchased items from him before all this shit went down. afterwards, i continued to purchase parts from him, without ryan's or ebay's protection and eric came through. eric even discounted prices to me and offered deals on shipping.
    i know a few others who continue to buy from eric but who have chosen to remain silent. i can respect their decision, it's a part of my character.

11. metalshapes

metalshapes

Sticking your neck out to defend a friend who's past behavior is pretty hard to defend makes you a loyal friend in my opinion.

I admire that ( and I honestly mean that...)

But about your succesful dealings with the guy.

Are you trying to say:

" I rolled the dice, and got away with it"

Or

" the guy is sellar, and I stake my own money, time, and reputation on it"

Just incase your your recommandation is succesful in luring new customers in, and in case it goes sour again, so they know where they stand with you...

12. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

So if another guy was stealing cars to build others would you buy a car from him even though it didn't directly affect you?

Using customers money (that you have no intent to repay with items, refund, etc) to build stuff for others is stealing.....no matter the spin you put on it....

13. BratRod

BratRod

My mess with Eric started on "that auction site" I made the huge mistake of not calling ebay on him for not sending my items in the 30 days or whatever the cutoff was. Eric still owes me a some parts. Part of my order was a full 9'' rearend. As of right now I have the center section and brakes. Acording to Eric: "need to make some more money to get the rear axle for you" That one just about sent me off the deep end because my credit card was charged November of 2010. At least he admits he spent my money else where.......

14. Jon

Jon

Add me to the list of Peters waiting to be Paul. I'm out a couple of hundred.

15. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

16. He is spamming the Traditional Hot Rod group on Facebook currently.

17. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Let me say this first... Im not defending the guy nor am i supporting what he does. But this post has been going on for years and most of these cases couldnt even be heard in court anymore. If he is such a bad person to do business its simple, dont do business with him. No need to drag his name out for year after year. I myself own a business of selling performance and hotrod parts and he should not be spending someone elses money else where, but than again i dont see posts about other bad dealings spanning over 2 years.

18. ......Maybe we all need to re-read what Ryan stated when he started this thread.

19. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

This makes 8/9 posts on this page doing that alone... I am only doing similar to what metal shapes has done and the poster he is quoting... just to be short... There are also post from Ryan doing the same thing... twice on 4/28/12.

Again im not bashing anyone just saying.

20. metalshapes

metalshapes

Sorry, I dont see the similarity.

I asked a User who kept singing the praises of this Ex-Vendor what he exactly meant by that.

I thought some clarification would have been good.

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

A better way to avoid such an injustice is not to steal from folks.

In any case, I'll close this thread if there are no more open cases. Last I checked, there were.

22. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma