Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. raven

raven

Thanks, we're glad you took your passion to the next level and made a playing field for us.
    r

3. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

I can relate, 15 years of lower back pain and a 2 hour operation, I'm free! It's amazing what it's like to be mostly pain free. Glad it's worked out for you also.. Have a great Turkey Day!

4. 4woody

4woody

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
    We all need to wake up and appreciate the good things we have.

5. Kettleman

Kettleman

Very glad to hear the surgery went well, living with constant pain sucks. Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for putting this place together.

6. ardyboy

ardyboy

Here Here--thank you Ryan--please keep up the good work

7. Nerner

Nerner
    from New Jersey

Happy Thanksgiving to all and thanks to Ryan for changing a lot of our lives......Lou

8. daddio211

daddio211

Glad to hear you're recovering well. Have a great Thanksgiving!

9. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

Happy Thanksgiving everybody, glad your out of pain Ryan.
    backs sure can screw up your life when they don`t work right

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  10. Doctor Destructo

Doctor Destructo

It's nearly 9:00 am, here in San Diego, CA. I've seen 11 patients in the hospital and 5 so far this morning in the Cancer Center. None of them thought they were going to be alive to see the holidays. I always get very emotional around this time of year. So many patients come in with family members that have flown in to celebrate good times and enjoy the company of loved ones. Their gratitude does not compare to the feelings I get when I see them persevere over their illness. Everyday I swing clubs and swords at cancer and leukemia; alas, the real soldiers are my patients who sustain the bruises and battle wounds from the surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation, and look up at me with smiles.
    Congratulations, Ryan, for finally feeling well. Thanksgiving is a special time, on so many levels.
    Now, back to the trenches. -DD

11. glad your do so well ryan,

12. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

It's good to hear you're through it. I mean it. I've lived with chronic migraines since I was 5 years old...the "holy shit" ones that teachers thought were fake til you passed out in class. Anyway, Nobody should have to live with that kind of pain. So congrats!

13. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Get any good meds????

14. Glad to hear you are feeling chipper, Poobah.

15. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Its good to hear you're doing well.
    We all have so much to be thankful for in our busy world. I am glad someone decided to dedicate a day for our country to reflect in our bounty and where the source of all this goodness comes.
    Please forgive me for posting this but this story really warms my heart.

It was a busy morning, about 8:30 , when an elderly gentleman in his
    80's, arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb. He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over
    an hour before someone would to able to see him. I saw him looking at
    his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I
    would evaluate his wound.

On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the
    needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's
    appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife.

I inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for a
    while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease. As we talked, I
    asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late. He replied that she no
    longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years
    now.

I was surprised, and asked him, "And you still go every morning, even
    though she doesn't know who you are?"
    He smiled as he patted my hand and said, "She doesn't know me, but I
    still know who she is."

I had to hold back tears as he left.

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Happy Thanksgiving Ryan......and hopefully one day I can have the same surgery......those same ghosts are with me also. I am not getting any younger.

17. Ryan-
    Glad your surgery went good. I do know what you are or hopefully have (as in no more) been going through. I've had several back surgeries and do understand. This site means a lot to me and has helped a bunch while I was on the mend. Thanks for all you have done for all of us. Enjoy your Thanksgiving. take care of yourself.
    Later,
    Dick

18. JEPPA

JEPPA

Good to hear you are well. Thanks for all of this.

19. That's awesome RYAN... good on ya...!!!

Hey, does this mean no more drug induced ramblings...?

JOE:cool:

20. Moe

Moe

Hey Ryan , The Pain is gone :D:D:D... is a wonderful thing.... Casy and I may have to go see ... Skullcracker...

Does he trade out surgey for hotrod work ??..... :p:eek:;)

21. luciomduran

luciomduran

Glad you are feeling better Ryan. We should be the ones thanking you for all of the great things that we have been able to share on the HAMB. Happy turkey day to you and the HAMB family..

22. llonning

llonning

I haven't been on here very long. This is some thing that helps me at work. I needed a frustration outlet. The H.A.M.B has become that. I just have to go through some of the posts, the either laugh my ass off, or wonder where in the hell these people come up with this stuff. Then it is back to work.

There are some on here that I have never meet, but feel like they are old and good friends. Then there are the others. Just like the rest of life.

Ryan, having never met you other than on your posts. I feel like you are a friend to count on. Along with most of the people on here.

I also have back problems, since I was 12. Been 42 years. I know the pain.
    Glad your better, keep up the good work, and keep rodding!!!!

And to everybody, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That awesome that your feeling better Ryan! I hope you and your family have a wonderful thanksgiving and enjoy being with each other. And as for being here, you can bet your ass my iPhone will be out while I'm at the In-Laws checking out what going on here. Plus I need to re-up my Alliance which is what I did last thanksgiving.

24. RPU Rick

RPU Rick

Wrenching good story, I am lucky as I have very little to complain about. But I KNOW I am lucky and I do not forget to thank those in my life for my good fortune. That having been said....Ryan, Thank You Sir.

Happy Turkey Day H.A.M.B.

Rick.

25. Plowboy

Plowboy

Glad to know the surgery worked.

I have 2 herniated discs in my back, when they did the first MRI, the doctor said, wow! That has got to hurt, you must have a very high tolerence for pain. It's funny how you don't seem to notice pain when you hurt ALL the damn time. In addition, I have some pretty worn discs as well. I may have to look into surgery if it worked for you. I have a couple of friends who are in worse shape after they went in for surgery though, so I have been avoiding it....

26. TomH

TomH

I have scoliosis, so I deal with back pain every day. I glad your over yours and make dam sure your well before you do anything!

27. BELLM

BELLM

Glad to hear you are doing well Ryan. Still amazes me the resources available on the HAMB. So many extremely talented people from all walks of life and all occupations, so many people I would have never had the opportunity to meet, so many friends, including you and your family, that I would have never met that have enriched our lives (Cindy & I both), if I had not become a part of this huge family. The family I have here is one of the things I give thanks for, not only on Thanksgiving, but every day. Thank you for giving me and 60,000 or so other people this forum. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
    Oh yeah, I guess you are an Alliance member by default, so did Skullcracker give you a HAMB discount?

28. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Back pain is no fun..I can relate, hopefully not to the extent that I will have to ever have something done about it...glad your doing well,
    Have a great holiday and well wishes to you and your family.

And well wishes to all out there in HAMB land

29. headhunter

headhunter
    from Austin, TX

So glad you are doing well and the surgery was successful! I have no similar story to relate (and I'm very thankful for that) but I know that this has been a life altering experience. So congratulations on finally being pain free man, you deserve it! Happy Thanksgiving to the family!

Marc

30. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Ryan... Im so glad your surgery went well and now you are pain free thats so wonderful... I have to THANK YOU for inventing this place... For me it has also created a career, some of the closest friends I could ever have and has made my dreams come true..

I wish the Cochran family a fantastic THanksgiving..

Lotta Love
    piero