Register now to get rid of these ads!

body work technical help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BadassBadger, May 5, 2012.

1. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Told you.

2. My torch Idea may not have been the right thing if that is a concave (inward shape) panel. My point was just to mention that the "swelling" of the steel that a torch creates has been useful in the past for times similar to these...
    Meanwhile we are all learning the challenges of doing sheet metal body repair electronically. Hell, there are 50 ways to fix this panel in the shop actually working on it - depending who you ask. There has to 200 ways to fix it electronically on the web forum...
    I must say that I am impressed with the amount of great advice on here. There is one hell of a lot of body repair expertise on this HAMB forum.
    Besides, I have to defer to the Highlander... as good as I am told that I am, I defer to his greater expertise...
    Now we return to your regularly scheduled program...

3. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Dusty,

I've used your torch method for years to straighted dings & damage in high crowned roof panels without removing the headliner. With a netural flame from a torch, you heat the ding's center, watch it raise up, and crossfile with a sharp Vixen file until there is no more low area. No way in hell I'd try that on a reverse crowned panel, though!;)

' Do not reach greedily for the Kool-Aid "

4. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

If you want to be a decent metal fabricator, or bodyman, not a bondo artist, you need talent, experience, and patience, as well as good luck sometimes.
    Until you get the rest, work on the patience part first!
    The guys giving good advice here did not get that good on their first job!