Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1935 Miller/Ford Indy Cars

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Feb 28, 2008.

1. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I, too, would be interested in prints of complete cars. I wouldn't have much use for a calendar.

2. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

Chuck Davis' cars are coming up for sale...

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

ALL OF THEM???????????? Chuck was the guy that brought MILLER restorations to the level they are today, great guy I miss him.

4. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

The V-16 and the Lockhart replica so far.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Years ago I had a shot at the V-16 rolling chassis and passed at $1,500. Chuck was the guy that backed tracked and bought all the parts to restore the car to as new condition. I did get to judge it at Hershey when it made its debut, one of the finest MILLERS out there.

6. the shadow

the shadow

I got to view some detailed pics that a local restorer ,Chris Leydon took while restoring a miller (not sure which one) that went to the smithsonian institute in DC. those old cars were and still are like motorized art.

Paul

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As much as Ryan likes old Millers I don't think he would want me to use up that many pages of his space.
    I paid about 35 bucks for the book and feel I got a good deal but you really have to be interested in the details of the history of the car to want to buy it. As I said before there are copies of dozens of letters From and to Milller himself concerning the car and other things plus a lot of other info you won't find any place else.

I bought it because to me just like a lot of other the old roadsters are the real Indy cars. It will take me a year or more to read it a few pages at a time and really absorb the history.

8. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

Yep, you're absolutely right mate. One really has to read these books with a clear mind and alot of patience. I used to read TRJ in one day and many times after just to see if i forgot anything. Many in my collection are so worn out i'll have to buy replacements. Now i read in moderation.

9. wwilliammc

wwilliammc

10. wwilliammc

wwilliammc

I am still trying to figure out the picture posting thing. These were supposed to be full size. Back to the drawing board.

11. Dar73

Dar73

I just left Squeak's shop and he mentioned that their is a clip on Youtube of the Miller U 16 engine on the Dyno. It sounds awesome. His work is unbelievable. It looks like this car will be completed pretty soon.

Here is the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvFZu_htP2o