Register now to get rid of these ads!

Knoxville Iowa vintage race

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynj1, Jun 18, 2005.

1. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

I ran my mod. at Knoxville last night and thought Id share some pics. of the some of the cars that raced there.

Attached Files:

2. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

I herd the anoucer say at one time there were 116 vintage cars there and still more comeing in. Here are some sprints

Attached Files:

3. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

I ran with the super mods. Here ya go

4. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

some ol coups to

5. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

Say a race car got to have fenders OK

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

THANKS for posting the photos!

7. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

O Damn I cant forget about these lil things

8. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

The show went real good other the one of the midjets cought the berm and rolled and one of the coups cought fire. Both drivers were ok and there cars not to bad. The bad thing is this race is not advertized and very few get to see it. Here is a shot of the stands, what a shame. O and the blue white and orange car in the pic started 18th with the supers, Was out front by lape 5 and never looked back. Damn that was fun

9. coupedevil

coupedevil

Love vintage racing. It's sad to say but I guess I'm vintage. Parents took me to the races since I was 2 years old. That was back in the Reading Fairgrounds days. That track closed when I was in 11th grade. :mad: They ran mostly modifieds but I always enjoyed the sprints. I've even got a sprint car tat on my right boob :eek: !! Knoxville is cool for racing and the museum is killer. Been to the Knoxville nationals 2x. If anyone else out there is into sprints you gotta go and get to the Eldora speedway. Talk about banked turns. I'm a girl and it makes me hot :p !

10. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Great pics. Thanks for sharing them. They bring back a lot of memories of the dirt tracks in New York and Pa in the 50s and 60s.

11. Thanks for the great photos. I wanted to attend but went to "Back to the Fifties" on Friday and had a class reunion today.

The white w/black scallops #92 in the second set of photos belongs to Dave and Dottie Hoska from Shoreview, MN. It was driven in the early 70's by Stan "the Mad Russian" Borofsky and later restored by Dave. The white w/blue trim #19 is a car I raced against in the 70's at Knoxville and North Starr Speedway. It was built by Bob Trostle in Des Moines, owned by Dave Van Patten, and driven by Dick Sutcliffe. I ran this #33 car back then.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  12. Thanks for posting, those old racecars are all just beautiful !

13. buffaloracer

buffaloracer
    from kansas

Thanks for the pictures. Reminds me of when I was a kid and couldn't afford to get in the races at Topeka's Fair grounds. Used to watch the sprints through the board fence. Nothing quite like the sound of an Offy on dirt.

14. That old Tempest body is a killer :cool: .

Seeing these pics is makin' my shorts tighter :) .

Plus I got it runnin' down both legs :D .

15. flynj1

flynj1
    from C.B. IOWA

That old tempest body car ran hard even with all the body armer. He ended up 2nd or 3rd. The blue one in the same pick had 57 cheby 1/4. Its net to see how or what they make some of the mod bodys out of for shure. I wish I had more info on alot of these cars but I got crs. I do know they said that Yellow and red #3 sprint ran Indy. Here is my car

16. RAGGITY

RAGGITY
    from california

Hi, anyboby remember a guy named Jak Drussa, aor Tim Mcvay (driver not bomber) he had a 1971 Bob Trostle caged midget (one of only three built), I am rebuilding the car and am looking for Pictures and any info, [email protected] thanks

17. RAGGITY

RAGGITY
    from california

OOps, thats Jack Drussa, raced all over the midwest

18. boldventure

boldventure

:confused: Hey what happened to the rest of the pics??????????:confused:
    ;) A few showed up but the rest were M-T:p:rolleyes: