Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hotter Spark, Better Sounds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 30, 2008.

1. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Sounds great! Love the countryside too!
    Thanks for the ride Boss!

2. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

" better bunch of guys than the folks at Bubba’s Hot Shop… "

......and "gals".........;)

3. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Do they send everybody hot sauce and olives along with their repairs????

4. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Believe me, you do not want the olives. If you want comparable heat just lick an exhaust manifold right after you shot the car off. On second thought, Leave it running, and at wide open throttle. That would probably be more comparable.

5. That's right! The Bubba's girls (a.k.a. Spammettes) are the best! :cool:

6. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

looks great! sounds even better!

7. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Bubba is the man!!!!

8. NoSurf

NoSurf

So, Mr. Secrecy Sucks, do you think that old jalopy will finally be able to make it down the strip at Mokan? :D:)

sweet vid bro.

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I still think it sucks... Keith won't tell ME what cam is in the car... I have no idea...

10. i do believe the driver and videographer should switch roles..
    so we could hear you saying "it sounds good from this side too but sloooow down "

11. HotRod_Joe

HotRod_Joe

What's with the video? Is it supposed to be artistic or something? The way clips just pop in suddenly and vanish is odd. It's like some kind of horror movie. I'm trying to pay attention to one thing, and then KABLAM! here comes another. Or is my computer screwing up and causing this?

Anywho, I did manage to get through the whole thing, although I restarted it several times hoping that it would do something else. The car sounds pretty good. I liked the way the car came out of the distance and got closer.

12. Kettleman

Kettleman

Sounds fantastic!!

13. Yes we need to see more!!!! Smoke and a burn-out. And about the cam thing,when ever I get asked the cam question, I just tell em The Right One>>>>.

14. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

so is it running good enough to race this weekend ?

15. Big Tony

Big Tony

Damn nice sounding, glad they got her purrin for ya. Killer video and i see the whole fam was in on it..very kool.

BTW...Casey you race slut ... Hehehehe

16. I've had the privledge of knowing Bubba since way back about 1975 or so when we both belonged to rival car clubs here in Indy. We hadn't seen much of each other over than 25+ years at that time then he hired my wife "RunaroundSue" 5+ years ago.
    At the time, he was into VW's and hillclimb racing at Newport Indiana. That next fall was our first year of attending the Hillclimb since it was a mandatory employee event. What a neat event. About that same time he was modifing an old model A into an extended cab pickup/hotrod.
    I kept telling him about this internet website for traditional hotrods, how cool it was and that he needed to look at it sometime.
    Meanwhile he had mentioned that he was needing some fabrication help but didn't have the equipment etc. to pull it off. That was when I was finally able to hook him and Tom Culbertson up.
    Tom even showed up at the injection shop one day and threatened to lay a trail of empty White Castle boxes from Bubba's place to Tom's shop. Jokingly telling him that the shops on Gasoline Alley weren't the only places in town to get work done. Bubba took the truck over to Tom's shop. Now days, it is not uncommon to see a Bubba project of some sort at Tom's most any day of the week.
    I think that was about the same time the light came on in Bubba's head. He got introduced to traditional hot rodding by the only guy in Indy that had been doing it way before it was cool, AND the HAMB board at the same time. (He still cuss's me to this day about his addiction to the board).
    About that same time, my son Dustin aka VonDust was looking for a summer job. Bubba brought him into his shop. That summer, Dustin and Bubba's right hand man at the time, Terry, put a pile of parts together from a couple of projects laying around the shop and thus the Krylon Special was born.
    Anytime I have needed assistance with anything automotive, if I went to Bubba, he has always been ready to help anyway he can.
    Over the past year or so, Bubba has began the Wed night work shops at his place which now brings the hotrod guys out of the woodwork.
    I need to make it over on a Wed night soon.

Keep up the good work, by promoting traditional hot rodding and Bubba Vision, keeping the guys out of the 1-800-catalogs and using their noggins for something else other than a place to put their NSRA or Goodguys hats.

17. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I think your ready for your close up Mr.DeMille......:)

......killer.

18. myke

myke
    from SoCal

19. Dang...Bubba's now front page news...:)

He is a genuine genius when it comes to Dist's, Carbs, and really just about any thing automotive...and is one of the best teachers around...we are so lucky to have him here...:D:D

Eat your heart out Amercia,,,

He's talked me into one for my 49 .....Can't wait...

20. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Jim is a TOP SHELF guy. NO Doubt about it!

21. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

The car sounds great!

You need to find out the cam grind and expose the secrets...........

22. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

i have heard through the vine that it is a 3/8 potvin.

23. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

Sweet :cool: I bet I have played this 6 times or better, it is a sweet ride! Thanks Ryan. I don't get a lot of excitement around here, if that sound doesn't get your heat thumping you're dead or clueless

24. Doctor Destructo

Doctor Destructo

Car sounds great, yudda yudda yudda...
    I just really loved the film production. Well done, bravo. You're quite a talent. Now we'll be expecting more/better movies.

25. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

AWESOME!!! That's why I ditched the sbc idea and went with a flattie for my 30' coupe. Your car is incredible.

26. mcload

mcload

After reading the story, I contacted Jim and made arrangements for me to send him my Mallory distributor. Granted, it's a new-fangled magnetic breakerless, but I doubt it will be "right" straight out of the box.

Nice video Ryan, but the in-car audio sounded a bit fuzzy on this end...funny I didn't see credits for the audio engineer :)
    Wonder if I'll get a T-shirt too?

Patrick

27. autobilly

autobilly

The "T&C" coupe is running sweet, sounds great. Way kool movie too.

28. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

i was there when your dizzy was spinning in the machine. jim really does know his stuff. he is gonna build us a dizzy to replace an hei very soon.