Register now to get rid of these ads!

North Georgia build thread

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by injected27, May 3, 2012.

1. injected27

injected27

Yes sir old28 it was a great feeling for me and my partner to get this thing started. Wish I was smelling smoke but that will come. Wish I had a little more room in the shop to work on this thing but I made room for it.

2. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

Get all the tubing you need and great guys at S&W Racecars in Pennsylvania, make sure you get your sanctioning body's rule book, NHRA or IHRA and build to their specs for the class you intend to race in. Sounds like a hoot, good luck with your project......s!

3. injected27

injected27

Got all that covered. i am planning on buying a few items from S&W. Mainly from Jegs and Summit. I have racer accounts with both of them. I am a big fan of ebay also.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  4. Old28

Old28

Ya my man, that shop looks like it may hold the parts for 2-3 more HAMBster's, I love it. How often do you make a trip from one end to the other to see what treasures you have amassed.:rolleyes:

5. injected27

injected27

I would have more parts in there but them peskey machines take up so much room. I acctually have a 10' x 30' loft for parts storage. Treasure ha ha just a lot of junk as my wife says!!!!!

6. injected27

injected27

Well the summer has not went as planned. Way to much overtime worked and not near enough racecar work done. I have gotten a few more parts up. My partner and me have plans for labor day weekend to get some chassis work done. Maybe we can fire these monsters off first of next year. We still have a healthy debate over who will be faster my Chevy or his Slowpar. I still got a jr and a super comp car to finish up on too. Hey onthe bright side the overtime does pay for racing parts. I got about 6 weeks before it will be firewood cutting season.

7. cjcx3

cjcx3

Call it what you will, we will see. I will remember this while powder coating your stuff!

8. cjcx3

cjcx3

Remember the movie....Shievy.....shievy.....shievy...BANG...BANG......all I can say is I will come around you at half track, just watch for flying parts!!!!! I wont need those parts anyway. For those of you reading this, both cars will be identical except for motor and trans. but I will have a fifty pound weight advantage in the driver seat!!! LOLOLOLOLLOL!!!!!!

9. Old28

Old28

Good friends and a challenge to boot.:D

As I am a Chevy guy, got to go with the Chevy 6.;)

Remember normal rule, tenth sec per 100#, just think hole shoot.:D

It's already more fun than Super Comp and your Jr driver will want one in a few years. :eek:

10. injected27

injected27

Thanks for the vote on the chevy. His Slowpar will be fast I know it will. I just had to fire him up!!!!!

11. injected27

injected27

Well I am back home finally. Its been a rough 2 weeks. I might get a little done on m ride tomorrow. I sure have missed the georgia mountains and am glad to be back in them.

12. injected27

injected27

Well 3 months since we started the first chassis and we are finally going to start back on it tomorrow. I guess life wanted to show us who was boss. Will post new pics tomorrow I hope.

13. Old28

Old28

Yo Jason, any progress on the chassis? We need pictures.;):D:)

As you may have read my weekend did not fare as well as I would have wanted. Already started on the brake system modification and shocks should be in next week.

I gess the high light was passing tech on Friday at the Home Of The March Meet with NHRA's finest Tech Crew.:)

Let us know whats up, Tom

14. injected27

injected27

Well my wife has had surgery, We took a 3 day vacation to Pigeon Forge, and Had a sudden death with the nieghbor to deal with in the last couple of weeks. I have got the insurance people off of me on the cleaning up. In the cleaning up I got my old 78 Chevy dually running. It has not been started in 12 years. I put a hot battery in it and 4 gallons of fresh gas and have been driving it around the property like it was never parked. The body is rotted off of it but I have traded for a 57 chevy 1ton truck to put on the chassis. I plan on building a sleeper box to put on it so I can use it as my pull truck for my out of town racing. I have also been rebuilding a equipment trailer. I have spoke with my partner we may get something going this weekend on the chassis. I have another guy interest in building one also. He is a ford man so we would have the big three covered down here if that works out. Yeah I woud have loved to heard of better result from you this weekend but sounds like it was just a few minor details holding you back from being competitive with them. I may post some pics by the end of the weekend.

15. Old28

Old28

Jason, You have had a full plate as of late, I hope your wife is doing good in her recovery and sorry to hear about your neighbor. Sounds like that 57 will be a great pulling truck & a sleeper to boot. A Ford, Chevy & Mopar now thats a well rounded SDRA pack.:D;)

16. injected27

injected27

Yeah starting to get things back to normal (some what) wife is doing good. We have started are weekend plans. I hope to squeeze in a little quality time with a chassis jig. I should pick the 57 up in the next month maybe.Sure would be nice if you could test your car before next year.

17. Old28

Old28

Glad to hear that your wife is doing better. With a little luck I should have the shocks on and the new brake system done in the next few weeks. the 27-28 is the last T&T at Bakersfield for the year. They re-open two weeks before the MARCH MEET in late Feb 2013.

I may just take it out on one of the orchard roads in a remote area and try things out.:eek:

As for the brakes I can test them on my street just to see if I can get up on the converter for a 2500-3000 leave.;)

18. injected27

injected27

Well made a tiny bit of progress in the right direction this weekend. Nothing worth taking pictures of. I also nailed down a steering box and some odds and ins. I am just happy to be back on track a bit. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

19. 66Submarine

66Submarine

Hi Jason. Send me a PM when you get that '57; I have a '65 one ton myself and could use some of the chassis & driveline parts if you're only using the cab. BTW, this is Tommy Harris's son, small world, eh?

Good luck on the HA/GR!

20. injected27

injected27

Had to figure out who you was. Man your dad could build a fine SDRA car. He is one of the smartest guys I ever met in drag racing. I will have to step my game up if ya'll get into it.

21. injected27

injected27

Well guys just back from Maryland and New York another storm trip 3 weeks this time. Met some great people that where very nice and thakful we had came to help. It was a complete turn around from the last one. I was home long enough for my wife to have surgery and get better. I have to get my wood pile restocked and I might have a day or 2 to get a little done on my car. I did pickup a little sponsor money on the Super Comp car while on the trip . So I may have to put a little more effort into getting it done and race ready. Me and my partner are still getting parts up and closing in on it some.

22. injected27

injected27

Well I have really neglected the sdra car. I have most off the parts for the s/c car. I have talk with partner and gonna make a hard push for the holley hot rod reunion in June. Anybody got any idea what class we would run these things in??????? Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Old28 you get off that naughty list this year?????

23. Old28

Old28

Glad your getting back on the build, pictures later we hope.:D

I will tell you all that once you get on that list it's hard getting back, maybe next year.:eek:;)

Have a safe New Years:)

24. injected27

injected27

Well I got a few bars tacked in this morning. Me and partener have big plans this weekend. May have a roller at the end of the weekend. I am glad to back on the project and making some progress

25. Old28

Old28

Good luck Jason, A roller makes the project look so much further along.;)

Pictures on Monday:D:rolleyes:

26. injected27

injected27

Well we do not have a true roller yet. But we had a decent weekend on the 1st car. It is off the jig and has the rearend tacked in place. We have a bolt on bracket layed out for the rear end. We have a plan on the front end but ran out of time. Got to get a few part and some metal up an we will see a roller soon. got the trans layed out and looked at the brake pedal and seat. Getting prices on the outer sheetmatal. A lot of things coming together at one time but we are making progress. Partner should have pictures posted soon.

27. Old28

Old28

Sounds like you and your partner had a good weekend.:) Hard when you have to make a living too.:rolleyes: A little at a time and it will be done soon.

28. injected27

injected27

Well I hope these load. This is are progress so far!!!

Attached Files:

29. Old28

Old28

Well pipes being bent, so all is good.;)

Keep at it.:)

Thats how a working shop is supposed to look.:D

30. injected27

injected27

Yeah Tom I have not been home enough to do much cleaning.;) We had a trailer project for the church outside also. The :cool:slowpar:cool: is coming along nicely. I told him ford on both ends and chrysler in the middle what a combination. I may have to slide a chevy part in there for luck.:rolleyes: