Register now to get rid of these ads!

Forward Motion Picture

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Same here, walk right up to the window, my only gripe is the 30 mile scenic drive through Custer State Park to get there:rolleyes:

Um, Dan? Look under your name, you registered here in 04:p

2. jerry sezar

jerry sezar

I must have missed the old thread on the photography.......Kool, always thought it was some early trick photo processing. I have actually had my '28 roadster kind of look like that in my earlier years when my front frame horn's hit the square curb and everything above the frame, me included, would kinda angle forword.

The DMV out here is tuff too. Wasn't always that way. When I was 12, my dad let me and my younger brother buy a '28 Ford roadster. We purchased it on a Sunday and I rode my bike to the DMV on Monday, requested a moving permit, and re-registered the car. Me and my younger brother then rode to Hayward, the previous owner showed us how it ran, put our bikes in the back and I drove it home. I still have the car and several year's back I overlooked paying the license fee. I was coming home from a Goodguys event and the CHP let me know of the infraction. I went to the DMV and the drama started........$700.00 plus see a SMOG referee. Pissed me off..........so pissed I let it go another two years, went again to start over and another $900.00........I kinda went crazy.....er and they finally dropped it to $480.00 but still want me to go to the smog ref......come on I've had this car since 1959. Some of us need to become politicians and change a few laws.

3. Nope, it's a video. Otherwise it'd be a joke so subtle it would require explanation.

4. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

One of my all-time favorite photos....
    [​IMG]
    Photo by Jacques Henri Lartigue - 1913

Kurt O.

5. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

6. Deuces

Deuces

Now that's some funny shit there....:D:D:D Poor guy! :eek:

7. Bluedot

Bluedot

RE the photo effect, it makes me wonder if the camera was held upside down, would the car then appear to lean backward. Hmmm

And RE somebody's post on the Connecticut DMV, x2 on that. I live in OK now, but still remember my adventure with the CT DMV some 45 years ago. Kinda nice that they let the mental patients out for a day job. :rolleyes:

We have it pretty good in Oklahoma - a set-up called "tag agencies". They are private outfits contracted by the state. We get our vehicle titles, plates, and license renewals there. There are a lot of them, and they compete for business (capitalism works!), so most of them are pretty darned nice. If ya don't like one, you just go to another. And some are more vintage car friendly than others.

8. weez

weez

What a happy accident that the "foreword leaning photo" phenomena matches our cartoon concept of what a fast moving object looks like, or did we get that collective idea from seeing the photos?

9. I would say government with Walmart management

10. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

I wondered/thought the same thing.

11. autobilly

autobilly

This is a great pic. I wonder if the camera was panning during shutter operation, adding to the effect (ie people "leaning backwards").

12. autobilly

autobilly

I think that looking at/absorbing the pics over the years must have left a "vintage speed image concept" in your/our collective brains.

13. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

14. belair

belair

Great explanation of the photo. The ladies at the Llano courthouse were the best.

15. Right you are. What's amazing about that particular photo is how relatively clear everything is. With the simultaneous pan and shutter I'd have expected something to be super blurry.

16. flamingokid

flamingokid

Strange,she made me both pancakes and waffles this morning.BTW,I went to the DMV a couple of months ago and it must have been illegal immigrant day there.My solution,put them in one line that is manned by someone from another country(China,Romania)and let them really suffer.Learning English will be a walk in the park after that experience.Next year,I'm going to register by email.

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

A friend of mine just asked me about this thread... I'm bumping it to the top to help him find it.