Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got any 56 ford gasser pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chad, Aug 3, 2004.

1. chad

chad

Anyone have any 55-56 ford gassers out there?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  2. luketrash

luketrash

Google hit on a plastic model:

Link

3. chad

chad

Thats same paint job thats on my car.I haven't found any gasser pics of a 56 ford.

4. chad

chad

can anyone help me?any suggestions for a mill?

5. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

got a couple of different 57 pics and my 54 is on here but i haven't seen a 55 or 56 which is all the more reason for you to build one. i've got a latham supercharged y block in the 54, an algon injected lincoln 430 in the 57 and the other 57 i saw had a damned chevy in it but it was very cool in spite of that cause he drove the piss out of it and it looked good. I'd send ya some pix but you don't have any e-mail address listed in your bio and i dunno how to post em up here.

6. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> I searched the over 1000 pics I have saved of gassers, and not 1 56. So, I'll post this. Not the same year, but close enough to get an idea. </font>

Attached Files:

7. Sailor

Sailor

If you dont look the kustomlook of your 56 Ford, -its just done wrong. Loose the skirts and visor and try again... [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. whitewallslick

whitewallslick
    1. oHIo

When I saw this car at the Road Rockets show, I crapped at the plexi hood freshly welded to the fenders to make a tilt frontend. I quickly forgot how stupid that was when I noticed the latham blower &amp; began to drool. WWS

[​IMG]

9. k-member

k-member

One of my all time favs was the one that was on the cover of an old Hot-Rod mag. Sorry no pics, but it was blue and white with slot mags on it and a FE Ford in it.
    On another note ,that motor ya got there is a real torque monster. I love em, run one in my A.

10. chad

chad

the 429 I have I built about 2 years ago and has only been run once.It's .30 over domed wiesco forged slugs ,Eagle rods,bottom end is balanced and girdled.Heads have had major porting done. manley s.s valves.big roller camshaft,roller rockers,and a victor jr intake.I dont know what it makes for horsepower but it turns on pretty good.I had it in a 64 ford fairlane with a toploader and 4:33 rear gears.That little car could gat away from you pretty quick if you werent carefull.

11. thunderplex

thunderplex

It's my 1956 (P Code 312) Mainline Business coupe. The 312 3-speed is long gone and I've stuffed a built (but streetable) 428 4-speed. Four wheel disc brakes from a Lincoln Versaille (sp), Ladder bars, roll bar, gauges, dash mounted tach, 63 Galaxie buckets, 1962 Falcon console, sheet aluminum door panels, no headliner, glove box or heater, thunderbolt carb bonnet w/ram air (like the t-bolts).

I've ordered a pair of ET-Gasser 10 spoke front wheels and have a pair of 15" Radir cheater slicks mounted on steel rims for the rear. I wanted it lettered as if it's been there for 40 years and my sign painter did an excellent job. Truly a period correct lettering job. It's a D/Gas clone of a ficticious car that had been rambling around in my head for 40 years. I had a 1956 Mainline business coupe in high school and always wanted a gasser with a 427 4-speed. Well, now I have one, but doubt I'll ever take it down the track, ...well maybe.

picture the front end up in the air even with the back of the car. I'm going to raise it about 5-6 inches using a c-block lift kit. However, I do have an Econoline front end waiting in the wings.

Let me know what you think about it, ...and I'm looking forward to driving it to some shows this year. Look for it behind a 1965 F-250 truck also lettered in Purk's Speed Shop trim. How many rod / drag car shows around Savannah, Georgia?

Drop the rag, ...let's shag.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  12. Here is a fellow club members ride....[​IMG]

13. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

If you have a 429 ready to go, put it in and have fun. Hell, that motor is going on 40 yrs. old, I think thats old enough. If you lighten up that '56 enough, you won't be much heavier than the '64 Fairlane. There are very few 55-56 Fords done up gasser style, and that's a great reason to build one. IMO

14. Wow! An almost 4 year old thread revived. I'll bite.

Tom Blackford's C/Gas '56 Ford.
    [​IMG]

And for a little variety, how 'bout Gene Heidorn's altered wheelbase '56 Ford.
    [​IMG]

15. femadman

femadman

A few 56s racing brackets,both Ford powered
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Got any more pictures of this one . I love the layout of the flames and the blend of light to dark , awesome !

17. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

My uncles 55 crown vic, fiberglass front end (so I was told) and a "fuel injected" 390.

[​IMG]

Here's a 56

[​IMG]

18. Dirty2

Dirty2

Eightydeuce your uncles car is sweet ! Dou you have any more pictures ?

19. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

I know that my uncle has more pictures but I'm not sure of how many were took of the car when it looked like this. I have seen a couple pictures of when it was a mild custom though.
    He lives right across the street from me so I will have to talk to him and see if I can borrow a couple and get them scanned.

20. reichart90

reichart90

this thread is ancient... but interesting...

heres a 57 ford that is a friend of mine's father-in-laws car. it has a straight axle underneath it. 460 big block. runs low 11s
    inside is just the bare essentials. im a chevy guy... but this car is neat

[​IMG]

21. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Thanks Don , that IS Cool ! ... more ?

22. Gasser57

Gasser57

That car is awesome! In all the years I've been a 57 fan, I can't say that I've seen more than a handful of 57's set up for drag racing.

Stan's 55 with the tilt front end is a beautiful piece. Before he bought it, I used to race against it at a local track with my other 57 quite a bit, Y block v.s. Y block. The car was rough, but ran pretty good. Stan bought it and turned it into a thing of beauty. Anyone that loves Fords will drool at the sight of his engine compartment. If there's a car out there (presently) that would inspire someone to build a 55-56, that's the car.

Love the old photos you guys are putting up, worth dragging out an old thread.

23. canadianzed

canadianzed

57 seems to be popular.
    [​IMG]

24. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

25. Just Jones

Just Jones

Here are a couple pix of the one I'm building - built 312, stick, 9 inch rear, cheater slicks, etc. Front end will be about 4 inches higher soon . . . long way to go yet.

Attached Files:

26. Here's one glen_patrick_old-glory.jpg

27. abs2278

abs2278

I am building or restoring for that matter a 55 Ford Gasser that I got out of Southern Illinois. Its running a 406 w/ dual 4-barrels and a 4-speed just like when it was raced in the 60s. Originally, it did not have a straight axle in it but it does now! Hopefully it will be terrorizing streets & strips in the Northeast in a little over a year.

Attached Files:

28. guffey

guffey

Here is one I had a few years ago. I sold it to a loca[​IMG]l guy and it is still sitting in his barn

29. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

This is pretty rad, got any pictures of it without the pole in the middle?