Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 Ford 3 window deluxe coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Coupe-De-CAB, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Does anyone have any info on this 1935 Ford 3 window deluxe or have seen it before in person?

I think i saw a post about it this car on here before, but i did a search and could'nt find it:(

[​IMG]

thanks,
    CAB

2. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Why? Plan on buying it???? haha...j/k

Damn nice car....I like these '35s over '36s........I'd sure like to find one for myself......

3. McFly

McFly

4. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

looks like a real nice car, 3 window 35s seem rarer than 36s, spose more folks like the 36 front sheet metal.

seems someone has already done some work to it - replaced the headlight lenses for 36 items, added more trim on the front hood and the flippers

5. hemi35

hemi35
    from Australia

Very nice car...the little old lady stories always make me look twice as hard that somebody isn't trying to scam you?

6. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I went and looked at it- But I already knew the car VERY well. A VERY sad situation- the car was STOLEN from it's true owner.

7. That car is for sale for over $35k w/ no room to budge.

The new owner is even serious about just keeping it to hold up his Pawn Shop sign. Not to drive, just make it "Yard Art".

Pretty sad...its a beautiful car.

8. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

It doesn't drive- the brakes don't work. The current owner knows NOTHING about the car. He told us the '51 Merc engine is "numbers matching" to the car along with a ton of other stupid bullshit- including that the owner it was stolen from is dead- VERY untrue.

9. Muttley

Muttley

Sounds like someone needs to be signed up for the Converse dental plan.

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

As much as I like 3w 36's I think I would prefer to have a '35 3w just for the reaon it would be rarer and still turn heads if done right.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. Berky

Berky

Like stated before, the car belonged to Joe Mac the owner of Ford Obsolete. He gave it to his girlfriend but she wanted the money instead. There were a few people that know Joe that want to buy that car but it is just to expensive for them. As far as I know that 35 is ready to be driven.

12. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

He doesn't know she pawned it (she says it's in the garage getting fixed) and she told the pawn guy she was his "care giver" and he gave her the car before he died. Very sad. He's one of my greatest heroes- a real car guy that has busted his knuckles on Fords for over 75 years, was one of the VERY first guys to go around to Ford dealerships and clean out their "Obsolete" stock for scrap rate and recycle it back to the car community starting in the '40s, he supplied all the local rodders and restorers for nearly 50 years and now this is how he gets treated? A real shame...

13. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Seen it here before, just wish I had the $$$.

14. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I'm ready for a road trip!

15. Hard to believe he would need a $35,000 sign. Must have a good business. Pat.

16. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

jim thats a sad story... sounds like someone needs to take her by the scruff of the neck... why doesnt anyone take him round by the car to get it back?

17. Fe26

Fe26

Burn the car

18. ??????? I'm not sure what that means!

Very sad story, I wish I was filthy rich so I could buy the car and give it back to it'd rightful owner.

19. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Coupe,
    Let the cat out of the bag already.:)

20. serious, ask Chevnut, the guy was actually going to sit on the car and use it for lawn art.

21. hemi35

hemi35
    from Australia

I think 35K is a little high BUT I would pay that if I was looking & had the cash....JMHO

22. Hopefully Joe still has the 35 roadster with the cad. engine. I drive by his house once in a while and if I see him out there I would like to stop and talk to him. I used to go to his store on Willow st. in the 70's quite often. I bought my 55 merc. montclair from one of his salesman in '82 for 650.00.

23. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

He sold that car a couple years ago to the guys that should rightfully have it. It's better today because of the efforts he has made to preserve Joe's car. He also has a '29 that was Joe's.

24. racer756

racer756

I think I saw this car at SF on friday. Cab, am I right? If not, Cabs new car is just as nice, or nicer.

25. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

That was it.

26. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stunning.

Bryan

27. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

What a sweet car. Dam I need to play more lotto numbers.

28. racer756

racer756

Pics really dont do this "survivor" justice. This a neat car. Cab, ya did well. congrats.

29. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Thanks guys!

we'll, i guess the cat is out of the bag now:)

This will be the new ...Coupe-de-Cab!

And for those who can't wait to see what i'm going to do with it, we'll don't bother because it's gonna stay just like it sits and if anything, it will be dropped "2 front and back with rear skirts. This car has history and i'm gonna respect and perserve it for Joe Macs sake:)

thanks again for all info obtained on the '35 and i'm stoked to have saved it from that Pawn shop ( i didn't have to pay the askin price and got a killer deal on it as well).

peace,
    CAB

Weeks46 likes this.
  30. Muttley

Muttley

Nice score........toss a triple on it and its done.