Register now to get rid of these ads!

1962 Ranchero parking brakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The_DropOut, Mar 20, 2008.

1. The_DropOut

The_DropOut

Hey, this is going to sound stupid but I cant find a company that sells Ranchero parking brake stuff. The only thing I can find is the front brake cable. But my machine doesn't even have the lever, the relase or anything :eek:!

I havent gone to the bone yard yet, but I have checked out Falcon Parts, Ranchero USA, Mac's and Marti Auto Works. All these guys offer are the brake handle, the brake pad and a front brake cable that might fit...And thats about it.

Where do you Ranchero/Stationwagon fans get your parts? How simular are Rancheros to regular Falcons? Where does the Ranchero fit in to the Falcon parts picture :confused:?

2. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

pretty sure they are all the same, rear cable length may be different. brake parts,handbrake front cable and underdash parts will be the same.
    they are also the worst parking brake ever.for some reason they dont hold from rolling backwards very well, be careful when parking facing uphill..dont ask how i know!

3. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

You need a Falcon parts vendor that has used parts as well as new/repro stuff. Try:

Wall to Wall Falcon Parts & More
    Russ and Peggy Wall, Azusa, CA (626) 969-8157. They should be able to supply the missing hard parts.

-KK

4. duste01

duste01

5. i cant find a cable for my 62 ranchero to save my life

6. They are on the two door wagon and sedan delivery platform.

7. working on tieing up the.last few pieces , i just finished swapping in a t5 behind the little 170