Register now to get rid of these ads!

pontiac hood ornament or indian motorcycle????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by padjss, Dec 3, 2012.

1. padjss

padjss
    from indiana

HELP!!!tring to find more information on this hood or fender ornament.
    I can't find an exact match. it's plated brass I think, 12 inches long alittle over 2inches high and 1/2inch thick

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      448.1 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      293.6 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      478.6 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      476.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Most definetely Pontiac from the 30s...I'd say 37-38.

3. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I love that vote Nixon ruler! Haha

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. Absolutely Pontiac

1938 - 8 cylinder to be exact

5. Very nice - I'd love one of those for my 347 Pontiac powered Modified

6. I agree with Rocky, I think unless although I could not prove it in every instance that the Indian Motor cycle fender ornament had the face that lit up.

7. I believe you're right.

I'm fairly sure that all the REAL (original) Indian fender ornaments lit up.

But so did certain years of the Pontiac hood ornament.

The poor excuse for an Indian, slap in the face, re-incarnation Indians built in the early 2000's did not light up.

8. Is ID'ing a hood ornament some sort of emergency? Perhaps you should consider decaf.

9. Maybe he's got it listed on Evil Bay and needed to answer a question ASAP! :D

10. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

It could be an Emergency, have you ever seen any of those SAW movies? Perhaps hes playing a game and someones life is on the line!

11. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Hahahahaha! That crossed my mind too.

12. Well, I don't know anything about Pontiac hood ornaments, but according to this it's 1938...

[​IMG]

Whew!!!

13. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Every Indian fender ornament I've ever seen or heard about was 3-D and lighted. And my poor excuse for an Indian, slap in the face, re-incarnation Indian daily rider built in 2000 does indeed have a lighted Indian face on the front fender- as they all did. Your snarky remarks that have nothing to do with the OP are just hilarious, witty one- as I also have a pair of '47 Chiefs and a '28 4 Model 401- and I never have any trouble finding my 2K Chief in a line of Twinkie Hardleys- just look where the crowd is gathering and taking pictures :p

14. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

1947 -1953 had the illuminated Headress fender light

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012

15. Yea not much indian about tem, I did look at one cheap in early part of this century it had the indian head tank emblems, I was considering buying it and getting the indian face changed to a skull. ;)

Tommy,
    I always thought that the old fender ornament was pretty cool. I used to run with a fella that had a Cheif fat bob and he used the fender ornament for a tail light.

My idea for the Indian Head with the skin removed was actually something that he did, so my idea was or is not original.

Oh geee I just got a text, my wife is bringing me a hostess cup cake. How cool is that?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  16. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Not sure why companies keep trying to ressurect a marque that's been dead since 1953. As soon as the name was in the public domain, the new Indians starting popping up. A Harley clone with skirted fenders isnt going to fool anyone,.........well, I guess it did a few. Even throwing in a new "Powerplus" engine couldn't save it.

17. There are still a few running aroud here. A log time back a company built an indian dirt bike, I suppose it was supposed to be reminiscent of the early single cylinders. It looked like a Hodaka that someone painted indian on the tanks to me.

Old Indians are cool new indians are just like any other motor cycle, they are just another motor cycle.

Anyway back to the original question it may have been lighted if it was an indian or a '50s straight 8 pontiac.

18. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Oh geee I just got a text, my wife is bringing me a hostess cup cake. How cool is that?[/QUOTE] Well, maybe cooler if she stated she had a "twinkie" for you:)

19. Well, maybe cooler if she stated she had a "twinkie" for you:)[/QUOTE]

Around here a twinky could give you the big A. :eek:

20. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

yeah...most of us shy away from 'twinkies', they're just too....well....twinkie

21. Pretty nice to have around when you are decorating for the holidays, well if you don't mind a little drama. :rolleyes: :D

22. Twinkies???

Aren't those modern Indian riders? :D

23. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Twinkie = Twin Cam

There's a guy who makes solid glass Indian-face inserts to replace the white plastic insert in the fender lights in different colors- takes a little work to fit them in the cover, but the light still works and shines through the glass when you're done

24. padjss

padjss
    from indiana

yeh the nixon ruler is something you don't see everyday

25. padjss

padjss
    from indiana

Thanks to all that helped, yes it's going on evil bay I don't collect em and I don't see any offers in my inbox not that I would sell here give the world a chance at it

26. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

My vote goes to Pontiac just not sure which year.

Jimbo

27. Huh! :confused:

Now there's an upstanding member of the H.A.M.B. for 'ya! :rolleyes:

28. sololobo

sololobo

Solved, Rocky aka Mr. Pontiac was on it like white on rice. ~sololobo~

29. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Also someone is repopping, which appears, as the correct 2 piece insert, in 3 shades, to match condition of your Chief.

30. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

I DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY SO I WONT. Gary:confused: