Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rodders Journal show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GARY T., Aug 9, 2012.

1. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

... For some reason things like that just seem to happen here in the east............Ive also had a few bad days at the office....

2. .......Once again we welcome you with open arms to the right coast for fun and frivolity, along with some kool cars and friendly folks.........just try to behave;):D:):D:)

3. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

If you behave---then you're not really a Hoodlum-:eek:--you can't have it both ways---Let the good times roll!!!!!:D:D

4. .....Thanks, Curt. I've got it now. I can live with that. $30 for the event and the other $20 will go toward fuel!:)

5. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Hittin' the road from Texas in the '51 Merc. Was hoping to bring a Rodders Journal Feature car but it was not in the cards this time. I wanted to drive an old car up there and that limited what I could bring. Lee Pratt will be cruisin up there w/ me in his stellar '49 Ford and hopefully Joe Cabral from New Orleans in his '29 Sedan and Raymond Rupert from Ponchatula also in his '40-41 Ford pickup, I think. Texas to Nashville the first night then on into Baltimore on Thursday. See you all soon and can't wait to hit the Sip & Bite for some of those award winning crab cakes.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  6. wally426ci

wally426ci

Here are a few spots that everyone may want to hit while in town:
    Blue Moon Cafe in Fells Point (usually a wait, covered on Food netwrok once)
    Petes Grille at 32nd and Greenmount Ave. (Old School bar diner, breakfast all day)
    Hamilton Tavern on Harford Rd. (good vibe, and good food, beer, etc.)
    Silver Moon Diner on Baltimore St. at President St. (Inner harbor/downtown area, its not a diner but they have good food) theres a french pastry shop next door as well
    Mc O'shea's Irish bar on Charles St.
    Midtown BBQ on Centre st. I think, a few blocks north of Mc O'sheas

--thinking of more....

7. jbh

jbh

I won't get there until Saturday. Thrilled that Lee Pratt is making the trip. Haven't seen him in years. Promises to be a great gig. Jay Hammond

Attached Files:

8. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Its looking like I might be able to go sat & sun---maybe---any Hambers from out that way able to recommend a clean,safe,not pricy, motel in the area? It doesn't have to be in the thick of things,can be out of town,I would be coming E on 70 then N on 695 to get to the racetrack
    thanks

9. henryat1140

henryat1140

You might try this old standard,

Mom and Pop for sure but clean

Brown's Motel
    8074 Balltimore National Pike
    Ellicott City MD

410-465-4000

10. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Thanks--how far is that from the horse race track?

11. Just a word of advice to everyone attending, stay away from the neighborhoods to the west & southwest of the track. Not the best areas in town....

That being said I attended an event Harley had at Pimlico in 2003 and it worked well.

12. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Which street do you come in on to get to the gate for the cars to enter?

13. Northern Parkway. In and out.

14. Rustic

Rustic

any word on how many cars are pre-registered? could this have a big turnout? sounds like this is shaping up.

15. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Looks like maybe crappy weather---be there anyway:D
    Just love driving with bias tires and no side windows in the rain LOL:eek:

16. wally426ci

wally426ci

Fri Sep 28

[​IMG] 77<SUP>°</SUP>
    60<SUP>°</SUP>
    Few Showers

<DL><DT>Chance of rain:</DT><DD>30%</DD></DL><DL><DT>Wind:</DT><DD>NW at 13 mph </DD></DL>Details

Sat Sep 29

[​IMG] 73<SUP>°</SUP>
    58<SUP>°</SUP>
    Partly Cloudy

<DL><DT>Chance of rain:</DT><DD>10%</DD></DL><DL><DT>Wind:</DT><DD>N at 6 mph </DD></DL>Details

Sun Sep 30

[​IMG] 73<SUP>°</SUP>
    54<SUP>°</SUP>
    Few Showers

<DL><DT>Chance of rain:</DT><DD>30%</DD></DL><DL><DT>Wind:</DT><DD>ESE at 6 mph </DD></DL>

17. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Yeh,they keep changing it---yesterday they said 40* chance of rain all weekend----Just hope for the best and make do with whatever comes our way!

18. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be there to spectate, rain or shine.

19. Pimlico was good tonight and a car show broke out at Canton Crossing. There is some beautiful iron out here tonight. It's all getting washed right now.

20. wally426ci

wally426ci

Can't wait to see some stuff!