Register now to get rid of these ads!

Android App... Finally...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 15, 2012.

1. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Thanks Ryan, Ill buy it tonight...

2. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I have an HTC and I cant fiqure it out??? Ill have to wait and have my 10 yr old son do it for me.

3. squirrel

squirrel

I figured out how to pay for the app. It just gets billed to the sprint account if you buy it using the phone instead of the computer. My wife will love getting the bill. I.m new to the whole smartphone thing.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

4. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Wow. I was actually able to purchase, install, and use it in less than one.hour! I'll figure this hi fangled phone stuff out yet

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I only have one Android Device. It's a Nexus 7 tablet that just came out. Supposed to be the hot shit iPad killer... It's not... By a long shot...

But I do like the size of it... and I have to admit, this app works pretty well on it.

In any case, we just started a long term project for both iOS and Android that is going to blow the roof off the way folks experience the HAMB when they are on the go. Seriously. Game Changer. But I bet we are atleast 9 months out.

6. squirrel

squirrel

How am i supposed tofinish packing for the drags, if i have a new app to play with?

Attached Files:

7. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

NICE!

8. I still use a desk top computer with a wired mouse.....

9. Jailbroken iOS is the way to go. Odd that Apple has everything so locked down. Can't configure much of anything as you can with a Droid. But I still like my ifone4. Sometimes I think it is more of a "special needs" than "smartphone"

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This is the most useless (to me) Jalopy Journal entry ever, however thank you Ryan for throwing the heathen's a bone.

11. squirrel

squirrel

Apple writes software for their hardware. Other folks write software that will work with lots of different hardware. Apple software works well, one reason is that Apple knows how the hardware works, since they built it. Writing software to work on who-knows-what hardware is not easy, so it doesn't always work right.

That's the cost of freedom.

12. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

What's aAndroid App ? I just moved up from a rotary phone. I must be out of it.

13. raidmagic

raidmagic

Why use an app? What is the advantage of it over just surfing the site through my browser?

14. Manson

Manson
    from Baden, MD
    1. Maryland HAMBers

Go figure... The day after I ditch my android phone for an iPhone, you come out with the android app.

No matter- I hadn't even left the cell phone store yesterday before I downloaded the Jalopy Journal app on the Iphone. So far, so good.

15. kirby1374

kirby1374

I was going to ask the same question. I have TJJ bookmarked and then the bookmark pinned to a home screen. What is better in the app?

16. You can upload pictures directly from your phone.

17. Just got the app and giving a test drive using my voice recognition software, pretty damn cool.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus device using the TJJ mobile app

18. seatex

seatex

Anything with a "Low Maturity Rating" is right up my alley!!!

19. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Finally I can get my HAMB sandwich 'to go'!

20. uploadfromtaptalk1345058821807.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

21. After a little cutting & grinding I even got it to work on this old flip phone!

Thanks Ryan!

JH

22. Wowcars

Wowcars

Thats exactly what I'm doing!

23. squirrel

squirrel

Bug report, maybe. After using it just fine a few times, it started acting up...I try to view a post and it gives this error message (see image) and asks for my unername and password. When I enter them, it accepts them and gives a spinning wheel of wait and says "Processing" and doesn't seem to ever finish processing.

edit**seems to be working now**

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  24. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Spoken like one of you poor apple suckers.
    Galaxy por vida!
    And yeah...thanks.

25. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Yeah get the same thing....but for when I get it working ....Thanks Ryan for all your hard work!

26. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Thanks for helping us Droid guys out, boss!

27. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now if I could only justify the cost of a smart phone along with the monthly payments and figure out WTF an "app" is .............................:confused:

Help! I'm stuck in the 50's!

28. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

There's nothing wrong with the Android OS, they are as good or better than iOS. It's just stuck in everyone's head that the iPhone is better, only b/c it came out first, but the Androids have moved up in the world and the iPhone is just another choice.

iPhones are good equipment, and have an easy interface/learning curve, especially for those jumping from feature phones to smartphones. But really, it's just a choice where people who prefer Apple gravitate to that phone, and PC users go Android.

I was going to get an iPhone 4S until the Droid Bionic popped out w/4G. I'm digging the 4G and going to get my HAMB app right now!

29. daddio211

daddio211

Hey Ryan,

Is there a way in the app to go to "subscribed" threads? I dig clicking on "Manage Your Account" and seeing the new stuff I've subscribed to, I don't see how to do that on the Droid app.

30. squirrel

squirrel

try "favorites" at the top, then "topics"?