Register now to get rid of these ads!

GLASSMAN w/ patterns for any car/truck---will cut and ship worldwide

Discussion in 'The H.A.M.B. O'Dex' started by ChrisBlattie, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rld14

rld14

Just ordered glass for my Lincoln... Chris said he could make it today and ship it tomorrow! I'm stoked :D

2. rld14

rld14

Got the glass on Friday, and I thought I posted a review but realized I didn't tap "post" properly, My bad!

First, the shipping was FAST, communication was AMAZING and Chris is a super cool guy.

Now, the only way that Chris could package this any better is if he had it hand carried by Marines on Air Force One. It came in a super sturdy wooden box, and packaged perfectly.

Oh yeah, the glass? It's GORGEOUS. The color is spot on, it's beautifully finished and looks great. Unfortunately the stupid Lincoln got sidelined, so I didn't get to install it last weekend :( Saturday is a Holiday for me but I'll shoot for Sunday. I can't wait to get it in, it's just THAT nice.

3. Chris cut all my glass for my '39 Ford Sedan. Beautiful work! Fast turn around and shipping. The packaging (crating) is amazing. I recommend him for any of your glass needs.

4. chemong55

chemong55
    from canada

Just recieved glass for my 30 Chev Coach and all I can say is Awesome.Color finish,shipping,packaging and service all excellent.If you need any glass work done Chris would be my only choice it is that good.

5. RAR1947

RAR1947
    from Minnesota

Got my windshield and all door glass from Chris and am very satisfied. Easy to work with, packaging was great, quick turn around and the edge work on the glass is fantastic! Highly recommended.

6. Dan

Dan

just picked up the glass for my second car that Chris has done and its perfect...cannot stress enough the incredible quality and service...
    If you need glass this is the only place to go-

7. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

just got my new glass for my model a and it was beutifull!!! very nice job cutting and polishing and the shipping crate would have made it through an explosion thanks a bunch

8. Tatorboy

Tatorboy

Nice work! Fast service!

9. hatesuserid

hatesuserid
    from Clovis

Hi all, Chris supplied my glass for my 36 Ford. Good price, great quality, and great service. Thanks Chris, on my next car, I will call you again for the glass! Steve, Clovis, Ca.

10. ebtm3

ebtm3

Chris cut some glass for my Willys station wagon to replace the two piece side windows with one solid, non opening piece. Every thing that guys have said in previous posts is spot on. I think that the glass could be dropped from a low flying airplane, the way he packs it! Quick turn around--and the best part of all is the price.

The stock arrangement is one fixed, and one sliding window. Guaranteed to leak, and rot out the under-window area. This is why I wanted to go with a single piece on each side If I had bought the glass from any of the Jeep sources, it would have cost more than 3 times as much - PLUS shipping - than Chris's price including shipping--and I know that there is no way the packing would have been as good. What more is there to say? Customer and quality oriented and a great price, instead of the "who needs you" attitude all too common in today's business world.

I had some concerns about putting some of the glass that the car came with back in, without breaking it--particularly the windshield.
    Now, I dont give a crap if it does break, and I have to buy new from Chris. It's that much of a pleasure to do business with him!

Herb Kephart

11. ChrisBlattie

ChrisBlattie
    from Montana

I wanted to let you all know that I am now doing window parts restoration! I have been having some guys send me their window frames and channels and misc window parts, and I've been restoring them, mounting the glass, and sending them back ready to install!! It's been working well and I've been told I do good work, so I'm adding it to this thread and will start gettin' some feedback on here! I'll try to remember to do before & after pictures on each one & post them!

I can polish the chrome, repaint, install the glass onto the channels, get new rubber seals, gaskets, the whole 9 yards. PM me for a quote and more information!

Attached Files:

12. 18n57

18n57

Just got the new glass for my '34 from Chris and he did a great job!! Packing crate looks like it could withstand an earthquake!! I will recommend his services to everyone looking for new glass...
    Thanks, Chris

13. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Thanks for the glass and the outstanding service. You will get my buisness for future glass.

14. Halki

Halki
    from MO

Hey y'all!

I just got my full set of glass (9 pieces) including some restoration on the vent frames and door/quarter glass mounted on the original rails. (pic #6 up there is my glass)

From the get go working with Chris has been fantastic, he enthusiastically answered all of my questions and really helped me make the right glass choice. I had been getting quotes from a lot of places, but the customer service I was getting, and the reviews here put him over the top.

Chris even helped with tips to get the rails off of my existing heavily cracked and de-laminated glass. I sent him the rails and vent windows still in their frames for him to work his magic. The vent frames look amazing. The door and quarter windows are mounted and he cleaned them up as well even though you wont be able to see them.

Everything arrived in wooden boxes with handles! The packaging, as has already been reported was outstanding. The thing that really struck me when I finally got the windows free of their cocoon was how perfect the edges look. Smooth, rounded, just incredible. The only down side, is my camera is crap and I cant capture how awesome this glass is.

I can say without a doubt Ill be getting any other glass work done by Chris, I cant say enough good things about the whole experience.

Extra bonus! Here are a couple of pics of what the vent frames looked like before and after.
    Before

Also Before

After

Also After

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  15. Terraizer

Terraizer

I ordered 2 sets of glass from Chris for my 1941 International and 1955 International a few weeks ago and got them this week and they are prefect, the price is awsome, i got both sets shipped for less then one set from another glass vendor, packaging was bomb proof, polished edges are really nice, will be ordering more from Chris once i get going on a few other projects. Thanks agian Chris

16. Givens

Givens
    from Indiana

I just opened my 1941 Dodge pickup glass. This stuff is awesome! Bomb proof package and great price. Customer service was above and beyond any I have ever had. Would not go anywhere else for glass.
    Thanks Chris!
    [​IMG]

17. Got my glass for 40/41 Ford PU today. Big-time DITTO on the quality of product and service from Chris! I'll be back too. And ... you've got to see the crating to believe it-- too good to throw away. I'm thinking of re-purposing it as a suitcase!!

18. 562roadster

562roadster

Chris did an awesome job on the glass for my '29 coupe. Great quality and the packaging is bulletproof! Thank You!

19. 66galwag

66galwag
    from SoCal

Another big thumbs up for Chris! Got the 2 windshield halfs for my '48 Plymouth Coupe the other day and they look great and were superbly packaged. Will definitely go back when I need glass again.

20. I got my back roll down glass for my 1936 Ford Coupe. As was said, the packing was great, the glass is tempered and has polished edges. This glass made the previous owners ebay purchase look like he bought it from a child that did it. Chis is also awesome to deal with!! I'm tempted to smash my new glass from him just to do business with him again and get a spare crate. Chris, keep your prices fair and you will be the go to guy!!!!

21. I just got the glass for my shoebox and it looks amazing. As everyone else has said A) the packing job is fantastic. B) the glass looks freakin' perfect. C) Chris is a good guy to deal with. Walked me through making my templates, answered my newbie questions etc.

All this, shipped in a fancy crate, for less than any local guys I could find quoted. I'll be ordering from Chris again.

Now I just need to get the car to a stage where I can actually install the glass!

22. wayfarer

wayfarer

Chris made some new vent windows for my '53 chevy wagon. He even threw in some glass setting tape so I could install them. Great guy to deal with!

23. vert1940

vert1940

just got our glass for the 30 coupe...don't know what to add that has already been said...awesome work...edges polished...bomb proof packaging..even had a handle on it so the fed-ex guy could carry it easily...chris called with the tracking info,and had a nice conversation with him..all around great guy

24. This is the second time I'm attempting to leave positive feedback for Chris. First time I got a message saying "Your message will be posted once the moderators approve it" or something like that. It never appeared. It was all good, I'm not sure why it wouldn't have passed muster. Anyway...

Chris just cut the glass for my shoebox project. I haven't got the glass in the car yet, but it looks great and is spot-on my templates, so I don't anticipate any problems. Chris has been good to deal with, answered a lot of my dumb questions and stayed right on top of the job. Very much appreciated. I'll post pics once the glass is on the car. Thanks Chris!

Now hopefully this message with make it past the gate keepers.

25. mccsix

mccsix
    from NW Fla

Chris is absolutely the best to work with. His effort to give you the bets product for the best price puts him way above any others in the glass business.
    My Model A truck is looking better.

Attached Files:

26. cryobug

cryobug

My upholstery man broke one of my door glass for me and after seeing the quality of Chris’s work I didn’t even bother looking anywhere else. BEST GLASS WORK YOU WILL EVER SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. hotrodgypsy

hotrodgypsy
    from reading,pa

WOW...IS ALL I CAN SAY !!!!!just recently received my bomb proof package from chris...upon opening the package i was speechless......well packaged glass,perfectly polished edges...quality craftsmanship and goods...quick turn around time,good price..chris is the hotrodders ....rodder.....he is a artisan..i dealt with a lot of local glass shops,but the quality wasnt the same...wish id live near chris,he'd have ALL my work....we'll be installing the windshield and back glass tuesday night..ill probably call chris(MY COACH)for some coaching and reassuring words...chris welcomes calls for guidance....he's a good guy...thankx,chris,glad i e-mailed you..

28. Dan

Dan

Just getting ready to install my third set of glass that I have had Chris cut - as usual the work is top notch!
    Wouldn't even consider having anyone else do the job, the product and service is outstanding!

29. Repeat customer, same as first time, great glass, and service

30. kodiak621

kodiak621
    from Reseda

My first time ordering from Chris. Ordered a complete set for my 53' Studebaker 2R5, great customer service, price, and delivery. Will order again when the next project is ready.
    Thanks!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.