Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Fidgiter goes to L.A.! Car show pics!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderson, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Anderson

Anderson

Just got back from an awesome weekend. Flew out to L.A. to visit Mel, and went to the THEM! L.A. show, Pamona swap, and the Petersen museum. Starting off with THEM!.......I'll break em up 5 at a time, may help the dial up folks. Might take me a bit to get em all up, so if you'd hold the replies for a while, I'd appreciate it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Anderson

Anderson

3. Anderson

Anderson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By far the second best part of the weekend.....stuffed into Savage's BAD ASS coupe cruising downtown L.A. on Saturday night. If there's a way to see the city, an open top, blown, baremetal, A coupe is the way to get it done. I'll remember that forever, thanks a LOT man.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Anderson

Anderson

The next morning it was off to the Pamona swap. I'll forever be jealous of the fact that Cali. has these every 6 (?) weeks. Sunday at this one was better than any Friday or Saturday at any Texas swap I've been to. A couple cars caught my eye.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Anderson

Anderson

the rest....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the swap, we headed to the Petersen Auto Museum. I'm sure you've all seen pictures of this stuff before, but I'll show em anyway. I was in the presense of hot rod greatness. All this history in one place. It was incredible...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Anderson

Anderson

7. Anderson

Anderson

8. Anderson

Anderson

9. Anderson

Anderson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, thats it......

Thanks again to the THEM! Originators.....good show. And thanks to Mel for the hospitality :D

Everyone else....go to L.A......it's fun shit.

10. Bugman

Bugman

All those pics and not one of the beautiful Mel posing next to or on something? I'm dissapointed. The rest of the pics are nice though, even if they are Mel-less.

11. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

12. Dirty2

Dirty2

Nice picts !!!!! Thanks for sharing !!!! But I cant belive you went there and missed the ft worth swap meet !!!

13. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I told you the peterson is pretty cool....

14. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Man... can't get enuff of that Doane Spencer deuce.:cool:

15. Antibilly

Antibilly

16. Nice shots, man. Did you get to the NHRA museum while in POmona? Really worth the time.

cp

17. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

I went to the Peterson a few years back. Its very cool. I like how they set up scenes like that garage one.

I will definately go back next time I'm out there.

18. Mark Karger

Mark Karger
    from houston TX

Were you as estatic over the prices in Pomona also ?

19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

great pix!

didnt savage paint his coupe to looklike its baremetal with some crazy bmw paint blend? i remember seeing that in the issue of streetrodder? that it was in the back of.

lol only issue ive ever paid for just to have a pic of it

awesome car

tim

20. RadirWheelsGuy

RadirWheelsGuy

Nice to see all those Radirs in action! that 32' is kick-ass!

21. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

I need me some Radirs for something I am cooking up and also would like them on my 32 coupe...so many wants and so little money LOL! :D

22. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Great pics, thanks.

23. Rusty

Rusty

Hey that ride of yours could have made the journey. Does this mean your the new president of the Them in Texas? Or was this anniciation? Great pics and thanks for sharing.

24. You came to L.A. and missed MOONEYES open house/BBQ/garage sale on Saturday morning before the THEM show?????????????????? You should be kickin' yourself!

25. Damn... Savage.. Your car is looking really fine man! Good job..!!

Who's dragbike is that.....??

26. Anderson

Anderson

I didn't know about the Mooneyes show! Would have gone there too. Really wanted to get to the NHRA museum, but went to the Petersen instead. The NHRA was closed monday so we didn't really get the chance.

No details on that bike....was just for sale at the swap...didn't even notice the price. It was very cool though...

I'm keeping the pictures of Mel to myself :cool: damn horn dogs...

I don't know about driving the Cuttlass to cali.....by myself.....it could really use a radiator. Besides, the ticket was free and Idon't think I could have taken THAT much time off work!

I'll definately go back.

27. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

The only piece still left painted on the car is the tail panel. Because when I finish the trunk up I want to replace that also. I stripped it back to metal everywhere else. .. I did run the car for about 3 years all painted to look like bare metal. I mixes some different tints with some really fine aluminum liguid metal flake. I was going to try to tear it down and finish painting it this fall. Once I finish some more metal work. with the little time I ever have. I should just leave it alone and drive it. If I take it apart I may never get it back together because there are SOOOO many things I want to change on it.

28. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

It was also Great hanging with you Eric. Glad we got to cruise the coupe. It was cool tearing up and down Hollywood.. I'm so glad we did not get pulled over..I think we scared the hell out of a few people..

Some chick tried picking me up in a Ferrari on the way home down off Sunset.. I just punched it and smoked the tires down the street.. I thought she wanted to race...

29. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

Holy cow sweet pics!

30. Mel

Mel

See? This is why you can't seem to pick up chicks....