Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wanted local info on my 32 Hudson Mass & Nh area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32 hudson, Apr 8, 2009.

1. 32 hudson

32 hudson

I bought a 32 Hudson coupe from a guy in Haverhill,Mass 2 years ago. He got it in a swap deal with a buddy of his. He thinks the car may have come from the Ward hill area. Last year I met a guy who thinks there was a yellow Hudson coupe from the Salisbury, Ma area . My car has old yellow paint on the inside of the doors. When I got the car it was blasted and sprayed with epoxy black primmer. The car is a 5 window coupe with factory suicide doors and choped top but not finish welded. Basically it is just a shell with 2 doors and the deck lid. I supose it also could have come from the NH seacost area also.

So if anybody rembers a yellow hudson coupe from way back when and has info it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve :)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. You may want to get in touch with Tom Fleming;he used to own Salisbury Auto salvage.His brother Honk has a place in Amesbury but I forget the name.He should be in the phone book.Tell him I said hello.
    Ray Smith

3. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Thanks Ray I know where Honks place is . I noticed in your back ground that you had a 33 Hudson coupe at one time. Is it possible we are talking about the same car ? :)

4. I seriously doubt it although anything is possible.I bought that car(body and frame only)for $5 from the Road Rebels Car Club(in Saugus)about 1960.One way you may be able to tell is the drivers side windshield pillar and door frame were bent pretty badly.I filled them with plastic as straightening it out wasn't feasible(or within my capabilities)at the time.

5. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Ray I do not think this is the same car then. The window pillarsand door frame on this one are not damage in that way. As I said this is just a shell i got on a cobled up home built frame. a chop was started on the top probably 2 or 3 inches and never finished, the top was cut, stretched and narrowed to line up the posts. Where are you from originally ?

6. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Picture of the car in my avatar.

7. Grew up in Saugus(about 10 mi. north of Boston).Spent a lot of time during the summer in Amesbury as my grandfather had a summer place on Lake Attitash(Second Road off 110)My cousin just sold it a couple years ago.

8. There's a bunch of Hudson Club guys in Mass. and I'll bet somebody knows the car. Try starting with Carl Weber in N. Attleboro. Sorry I don't have his number, but he was the national president od the HET Club some years ago and knows everyone in the area who has HET cars.