Register now to get rid of these ads!

Building a pressure sand blaster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axeman39, Sep 20, 2008.

1. axeman39

axeman39
    from Saco Maine

I want to build my own pressure pot sand blaster but I'm not sure whats needed. I have a 25 gallon tankon wheels that stands uprite with a 2" threaded steel cap w/oring seal. I know I will have to drill a hole in the bottom and weld a bung there, the top already has a fitting for an air line to be connected. do I need a special gun or will a regular gravity feed gun work? How much pressure should be in the tank? will I need to run 2 air lines one to the tank and one to the gun? Anyone build there own? comments and suggestions needed!

2. www.pablaster.com

We had a thread going here last week or so, this looked the best to me. Fiddy has used one and said it rocks. My info should get to me in a couple days!

3. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Someone on here built one.

"Frankenblaster" I think it was.

4. 3Mike6

3Mike6

I took a cheap siphion feed gun, used a 10 gallon SS tank I had, ran a "dip tube" to the bottom, the on top of the dip-tube I attached the siphon feed.

Then, I teed off the air line and ran another tube into the tank and regulate it to 20PSI...I guess it's sort of a "siphon-assist-presure-blaster"

Works pretty good.

Reason I like the siphon feed more than pressure, is there is rarely a chance of warping and sheet metal, it's slower than a pressure pot, but much faster than just a regular siphon feed.

5. Thats the thread, search frankenblaster!

6. 3Mike6

3Mike6

LOL...I just searched and found the thread...looks to m\be made just like the one i made.

Shoot...should have put the plans on the 'net for 9.99 too;)

7. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

I built my own frankenblaster. Also known as a PABlaster. It works pretty good.