Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.B. Drags 2007

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is hard to explain the kind of fun there is to be had at the HAMB Drags...

No single post could ever sum it up.

Thank you, Ryan and of course, every one else responsible for giving us the oppertunity to get together and do this.

See you in a year, -Abone.

3. A HUGE thanks again to all! Truely a "have to be there" thing. There is no way to describe it and it get's better each year. I wish we could do this once a month instead of a year!

Speaking of which, what's the status on finding tracks and setting dates for the east and west drags?

4. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Thanks for sharing a slice. ;)

5. monsterflake

monsterflake

ryan, did you get a pass in?

6. Crab

Crab
    from Tulsa, OK

7. I say it every year. If you could bottle the shit we were feeling Sat night it would be illegal.................

8. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Ryan, and everyone involved, thanks for such a great time! Just an unbelievable weekend - I still haven't come down from the adrenaline high.

Malcolm

9. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Boy, by all the photo's it sure looked like a good time, I prepped my little Model A Pickup for racin to make the trip with Mr. Moyer ''Rebel Reaper'' ..but had a few other things hamper my making the the trip..........but the biggest reason I did not make the trip........was taking my daughter this Monday morning to he first day of kindergarden.......if I made the trip I knew I would have missed it...and after just now coming home from doing that, it was the right choice...............I will make the Drags in the future, glad to hear all had fun........Drag on.........Littleman

10. asillymick

asillymick
    from OKC

Ryan one year why don't you make a call to arms so you can get out and enjoy at least one run down the track? It is your deal so I mean I'd cover the watch for you and something says you know who to talk to so that you can move to the front of the line... I'd let you cut!!

11. His flatty guzzled water on the way into Joplin. Couldnt run iffin he wanted to.

12. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

After doing every HAMB drags for the past four...I've been telling friends that '07 was going to be my last to attend the HAMB Drags...after all, when you go to an event that many times, they become very boring...same old, same old year after year, ya know...???

Anyway, as an aside here, the old Stude handled the 14 hour one-way trip like an old champ that knows the roads there and back home very well...almost like an automatic pilot...and got about 21 mpg's as well. It still managed respectable 15.8 second runs and 90 mph thru the quarters...not bad for an engine that now carries 130,000 hiway miles.

But, as we (my bro Dan in his '47 Aerosedan and the "Mo-Kan Morris - six guys total in 3 cars!) were nearing home, about 100 miles from Denver, we all got into a semi-nostalgic mood...after all, the coolest summer event was over and we had one hell of a good time...so that we decided that "next year" we needed to bring MORE ColoRODo guys cuz there's a lot that would "fit" in down there at the HAMB drags...and we'd all have to have some sort of identical shirt to wear that would tell everyone that we ARE from ColoRODo...

So, with that in mind...I'm going to drum up some art...get my '55 Caddy done...overhaul my bro's '54 Caddy engine...and PLAN on making some passes with my new ride in '08...it IS one event that DOES NOT get boring year after year...

Guess I'll see you all there...

R-

13. So who won the engine?

14. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

R-
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

15. carkiller

carkiller

Ryan, Thanks again. Ive made it every one of the Mokan events and look forward the next one. Cal (carkiller)

16. Rand Man

Rand Man

Best one out of four Drags for me.

17. I have made it to every HAMB Drags and raced at least once at each.
    3 different cars.
    Lots of weather
    Many old friends
    No major breakdowns.

Unfourtunatley I think the heyday is over. Especially if it goes to a 2 day event.
    We are beyond the little gathering of Jalopies where there is only one group huddled around a cooler in the parking lot, unlimited hot lapping, everyone gets a cookie, etc..
    As all good things get bigger, they loose their edge...... Roundup, Pileup, Kontinentals DOTD, HAMB Drags is now a vicitm of its own success.

Don't get me wrong, I will still drive 7hrs up, flog my hot rod, and drive 7hr home. It's a great event, but like the HAMB, it is growing up and becoming an adult and If I have to go it will be kicking and screaming.

18. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Huh... and here I was thinking that it had been the best one yet.

19. Cillabilly

Cillabilly

This was our first trip to the drags and we are hooked! It was a blast. Hats off to the organizers of such a fine event. We will be there every year from now on! Thank you.

Cilla

20. BinderRod

BinderRod

Rain or no rain this was even better than last year. This was #2 for me, with all of the people I have met these people are like family. It was real special for me this year. I had a last day thrash bolting 2 new carbs on so the Binder could take a maiden voyage. 500 miles without a hickup, next year I'm going to run crap out of it at the strip. Keith

21. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Great job. Best ever.

The locals that went are amazed. It was the talk of the "Gearhead Cafe" today at lunch.

John

22. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Monkey Likey!!! Thanks for the good times! And thanks for the family.

monkey

23. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

The HAMB drags this year were HUGE and with the locals.........I had a buddy that lives in Joplin tell me that all his gearhead buddy's were talking about it.........but, the thing that was weird.......the "Spec" side of the strip was packed and the "Pit" side had a full house and I drug the "Auction Banner" around and asked a ton of people "Are you on the HAMB?"......."Nope, just here to watch the cool old time racing".......neat.

Thanks Ryan and too bad the coupe did not make a pass.........

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

"Save a Seal..........."

24. Moseley

Moseley

Thanks Ryan for an awesome time. It was my first time out there and definetly not the last.

25. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

I went in 2005 and could not due to medical reasons in 06.
    Yes, it is growing and getting bigger. I think this year was better than 05.
    I plan on being there every year from now on. You can not explain the "magic" that happens on the track and in the pits of this weekend.
    My brother and sister-in-law came to see me at the track. They got there around 800 that night as they live four hours away and both had to work untill 200 that afternoon.
    Neither one is in to cars in any way, shape or form. After watching several of the elimination passes, both said they were taking off all day next year so they could see the whole thing.
    What does this say about what happens at this track??
    Besides that, there is the meeting of old friends and making new ones from the HAMB at this event. This is the only time that I can see some of them and that makes it worth coming back.
    Thanks Ryan and all the ones that helped to make this weekend the best I have had this year. It was worth the 2500 mile round trip and I look forward to it again next year.
    Robert

26. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

2nd year for the Indy crew.
    I just discussed this evening the totally "back in time" feeling this place gives ya.
    Old cars just running their best and having a ball.
    We trailered two dragsters and drove two hot rods ( one a roadster ) in the rain.
    Broke both cars and you still couldnt erase the grins!!! Thats some serious stuff right there.
    Its on our list for next year and we will bring more Indy dudes for sure.
    Thanks Ryan and staff for a kick ass event !!!

27. I was a virgin up till Saturday, but now the chicks can't stop staring at me in my new HAMB shirt.

28. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Ryan & Marcie, thanks for having us. Laura & I had a blast!

29. BELLM

BELLM

What a blast!! Thanks Ryan and Marcy and everyone else that worked so hard to make this such a great event.
    Nice to see all the old friends and make some new friends. Great family we have here.
    I missed year one, made it to #2. Ryan and Freddy gave me a free engine and Dave gave me a free transmission of my choice, just for showing up!:D So I decided to keep coming back. You know, even if I knew it was going to rain solid the whole trip I would still make the 10 hr trip in the rain just to hang out with everyone and see their cars.
    It's only about 362 days before we do this again!!

30. Thanks to ALL who make the HAMB Drags what it is, and thanks to THEM! for taking the Lone Canadian under their collective wing.

With or without a car I'm just going to keep coming back. What a blast.