Register now to get rid of these ads!

Upload Photobucket photos?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 59IMPALER, Sep 23, 2012.

1. I've tried to post photos from my computer, but get denied, probably too big a file. I started a Photo bucket account because I've heard that they automatically downsize them for you. It will say "Download from URL", how do I get them from there to here? And who is this Earl guy, anyway?

2. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I dont know about their downsizing services,i have always resized them before uploading.
    I dont remember where i downloaded the program,but i am sure you'll found something by googling image resizer.Click IMG code and copy that to your post,that how your pics should be seen in here.

3. Move you cursor to the photo you want to post and in the drop down box left click img code go to your post and right click and paste. HRP

4. Model T1

Model T1

[​IMG][/IMG]This is all I ever get. I tried both codes from my albums he[​IMG]re.

Thanks HRP. It finally worked. This is the piece of crap I once traded my 55 Chevy wagon for. Son was around 10 in that photo. He's 23 now and the 49 Ford long ago burned up after I traded it for the 41 Ford. . Yippy!

5. Kramer

Kramer

In your account settings in photobucket you can tell it what size you want it to up load as. I set mine for 800xwhat ever it comes out to. When I upload to an album it asks where I want to up load from, I pick "computer" , than browse to the folder the pictures are in. Once on photobucket just copy the HTML code and paste it in your post.
    Go here and it should answer your questions better:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65684

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  6. Weasel

Weasel

15" is perfect - or so she tells me....;)

7. RodStRace

RodStRace

You can upload full size pics there.
    If you want a smaller version to post on forums, do this in Photobucket.
    Find the picture in your album. Select that picture. Click on the picture and you will get a toolbar at the top of the picture.
    Select Edit, NOT resize unless you want to lose your original high quality and size pic!
    Once it loads the picture in the editor, There is a size bar on the top right. You can move this to the size you want.
    Now, DO NOT select Save and replace.
    Select Save as copy.

It will give you an option to rename it. It's probably a good idea to keep the same name, but put a lower case "s" (for small) after it. You could also put "small" in front or behind the original name. Or you could have a folder of original size pics and another of the smaller forum ones. What ever works for you.