Register now to get rid of these ads!

new ontario swap meet Rockton

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B Lawrence, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I had a great time.. great seeing you guys!

2. Well other than the fact that we missed on meeting up...

3. i never ended up getting a table. let me know when you want to come by my place!

4. ardyboy

ardyboy

great little swap meet. Thanks Dave..pleasure meeting you.
    john reid

5. Had a good time at the meet today. too bad we didnt meet up. Next time?

6. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Dam! I missed it!

7. MistShift

MistShift

Sorry I missed it, was looking fwd to meeting Speedy and any other HAMBers from our land of the Frozen Chosen...

Looking back, I should've just gone, heck the doghouse IS insulated...:)

Cheers
    JC

8. I was wondering. The only real Olds part I saw there was a NOS Edmunds (I think) 2x4 intake. I'll swing by at the start of the new year?

Next time for sure!

You do know that dogs have fur to keep them warm, don't you? :D

9. On behalf of all the ONDR guys who attended, we want to thanks you guys for putting this event together. Had a great day renewing members for 2012 and signing up a few new ones.
    Was quite suprised by the number of racers that came thru shopping.
    We think your off to a great start..

Rick

10. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Great seeing some old friends and I totally should have introduced myself to a few new ones! Next time for sure! It was a great first event and I'll be back for sure.

11. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

....I had a great time too. And, as it turns out, I was famous before I got there. As I strolled around the tables at least 6 guys were talking about some crazy guy that said he was coming in a roadster. That was me and I did it.
    I left Toronto at 7:30 am (-5C or 23F) with double socks, double gloves, long johns, long coat, hoodie, cap, fur-lined hat with ear flaps, and a fur blanket, in my '29 Roadster. Several people said I had big balls for doing that. To that I added '....and they're BLUE too!'
    Hung around with Speedy, bought some Norwell prints and stickers, got warm, breezed home in balmy 0C or 32F. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.....

12. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

Here are a few pics of the swap. This was a new, first time swap for 'rods and racers' and had a good turnout. However, stupid me neglected to have someone take a pic of me bundled up in the roadster. Car drew a crowd all the time I was there.....prolly 'cuz everybody else brought their daily drivers....hahaha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Speedy Canuck grabbed these pedals for his build....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These 'Electroline' lights gave me whiplash....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. This is the best I can do for ya:

[​IMG]

14. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

I saw the roadster in the lot...figured you lived close by and not all the way in TO. Hats off to you having the balls to drive a roadster in the cold...bravo sir!

15. trimph1

trimph1

Makes me wonder what we would have done if we had to do this with the open cars back in the day...:rolleyes:

I knew of that when we went to school with our neighbour who went to town with a one horse cutter...bearskin blanket and all that..and this in the 1960's:);)

16. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

...thanks for the kind words, man...sorry I missed you and several others. Seems to me that lots of Hambers and others were passing like ships in the night in that little space, which was a missed opportunity. Next time there should be a meeting place at a certain time, maybe, or a brekkie somewhere close before the action begins? Just a thought....maybe one of the spring Ancaster swaps?

Speedy: you sneaky guy....thanks for the pic. It's much better than a static shot in the lot with me lookin' like a goof. I might borrow it for use 'elsewhere'.....

17. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

18. ardyboy

ardyboy

Cool.....REAL cool

19. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Hardcore Dave.... hardcore.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

20. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

Dave your having way too much fun. Will you be needing Snow Tires this year?
    What a great swap-meet! I noticed were in the midst of some of thee e-lite .
    Lot of great guys there! Have a Merry Christmas.

Brian...

21. QB409

QB409

I drove my 30 there, but just a coupe with no heater. Not as brave as driving a roadster.

22. Damm I misses your 30 QB, but I did see Daves roadster. I drove down from Toronto so I know how long the drive is. A round of applause for braving the weather both of you

23. I think that was your coupe I saw in the parking lot. Didn't get a chance to give it a good look over, but from what I saw, the thing looks pretty slick.

24. Sounds like I missed a good one... again. I tossed the garage/swap coin and my girlfriend caught it mid-air. Didn't make it to the swap or the garage.

25. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

....is she still your girl friend?

26. Well, it may just be how my mind works, but if he didn't make the swap, OR the garage, I'd say she is... ;) :D

27. QB409

QB409

David and I parked together at a cruise this past summer. A lot warmer than last Sunday!

Attached Files:

28. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

...I think we had the only two rods at the swap...but somehow I missed you Marc....

29. CanuckSS

CanuckSS
    from Ontario

Hey Guys,
    Gonna bring this thread back...

The 2nd Annual Rodders and Racers Swap is SATURDAY December 15th at the Rockton Fairgrounds in Rockton Ontario.
    It will be much the same as last year.
    We are proud to help support the ONDR and the Southern Ontario Vintage Modified Stock Car Club with the proceeds from this event.

As of right now we have a few vending spaces left.

Here are some more details:
    Vendors setup -7:30-9:00 with a FREE BREAKFAST (only for vendors) from 7:30-8:30
    Spectators - 9:00 - 2:00 - Admission $4.00

If you need more info you can call (905) 304-9560 or [email protected]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  30. hemikev

hemikev

the flyer said 11 th , above says 15th , ???????????? help

either way ill be there , i live not far from there , kev