Register now to get rid of these ads!

The New Little Pages

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 29, 2011.

1. the-rodster

the-rodster

It's been good reading this week on the shitter.

Rich

2. koolkemp

koolkemp

can some one scan the cover and post it??

3. I got mine in the mail today, Thanks to AJ!! I may just have the 1st copy in Australia.

Fantastic effort Rob & Aaron. Layout is spot on, nice, clean & simple the age paper background is a real nice addition and it doesn't detract, it enhances the feel of the mag.

[​IMG]

edit: A photo taken in 1948 of Duke Hallock with the Spurgin/Giovanine roadster
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  4. koolkemp

koolkemp

I havent been able to find it around here yet ....:(

5. autobilly

autobilly

I wonder if Peddro will be getting any?

6. It should show up at newsagents. I just could wait that long! :)

7. Picked mine up from a Barnes&Noble today. My "off the top of my head" thought after reading it was "Hm. I'd pay double cover price for a reprint of the old ones, ads and all.". Wonder if that's a viable thing.

8. Am trying but waiting to hear back from RF. Tman checked for distribution details in it but nothing in there apparently. I would like to get it but it might be beyond my control if it's already tied up with an existing distributor for Australia.

9. RF

RF

I have no clue what international distribution they have set up, if any, but am trying to find out. In the meantime, we're also threadin' our ropes to lasso 'n' lynch the printlord responsible for the creased covers (I'm assuming the crease is an existing pre-perf cut for another trim size that mistakenly got used for the smaller TLP format). Not knowing whether or not they will do re-run, all depending on the actual reported amount of damaged goods from both consumer and retailer, I also don't know how many "overrun" issues we'll have left--but when I do, you guys will get dibs.

10. 48stude

48stude

Haven't been able to find it around here. Went to Barnes & Noble in Robinson ( a suburb of Pittsburgh) and they didn't have it .:( Bill

11. I got mine at the local Target....there were two copies, but I only bought one and left the other for the next guy lookin....hope somebody got it.

Murph

12. b-bob

b-bob

I found one at Chapters here in Langley B.C.

I bought one but i thought to myself, i can see the same thing on the HAMB anytime. And that is a good thing!:D

13. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Not seen one yet, the pains of small town living.

14. Muttley

Muttley

I found a couple of copys at the local Borders yesterday. They both looked like a pack of wild dogs fought over them so I didnt bring one home with me. It looks like a great issue from what I saw, hopefully I'll be able to find a decent copy for myself.

15. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I looked all over, still can't find a copy in my area.

16. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Well I could not wait either....So after going to 3 diffrent book stores I finally found what was the last one they had...And it was not in the best of condition, But they sold it to me for $2.00 because of condition. Cool little Mag

17. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Food Lion was the first to get it in my area. I plucked one of the three off the shelf. Its a good read.

18. I finally found it tonight at a "Safeway". They had three copies, but two of them were falling apart, so I had to settle for buying one copy. Unfortunately, as soon as I opened it for the first time, the center page fell out.:( Very impressive content though, it will help fill the gap left with no more "Hop Up" Thanks to R&C for publishing this, hope it stays for along time.:D

19. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I just got my copy. NO, I didn't read all the posts on this thread. YES I liked the content very much. But I HATED the fucking little pages size. In this day and age, it's just a stupid advertising gimick. How about taking the very same great content and putting it in a regular sized magazine for the next issue? Gary

20. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

^^Sounds like you're missing the whole point of the magazine.

21. CHOP36

CHOP36

Found one at local CVS pharmacy.Just came in today none there on Saturday.

22. I bought three extra copies, if someone needs one let me know.

23. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

ryan more should flow your led thanxs

jim you turned me on to the hamb back in 2002 when i won the truck from the GG
    thanxs

24. RF

RF

Uh, that's what we do the REGULAR SIZE MAGAZINE for...WTH? Don't like the RSM, stick to the HAMB and get your fill here. Geezus. Good thing you're able to get that off your chest though, I feel much better now too.

BTW, for those of you "creasers" or simply were not able to locate an issue, I just got a box of 50, so after concurring minds with Ryan, I'll figure out a way to distribute them among HAMBland.

PS, I got a little feedback from our Interpol Dept, Pedro--let me know if you're still in need of supply and I'll get the ball movin down unda.

25. Rob (RF) Fortier -

I guess I'm also a member of the elitist group known as "The Creasers" :eek: ...

R&C Little Pages 2011 Annual - Creased Cover.jpg R&C Little Pages 2011 Annual - Creased Inside Cover .jpg :D

26. jax59

jax59
    from nor cal

got mine yesterday. i gotta say it was and is a good read

27. skoh73

skoh73

I still haven't been able to find a copy- hopefully soon. I disagree about the little page format being a "gimmick", I think that if you are going to start up a mag with a "traditional" focus, I think that a nod to the first hot rod magazine format is a great touch.

28. The format and the articles are top-notch. That being said, the quality of the magazine itself is crap. I opened mine up and the centre three pages fell out at the bindings. I checked one out at a different location and it too fell apart. The last Street rodder I bought fell apart too.

29. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

I'll look for one but don't have much hope. Ain't a decent newstand in all of Dallas County. Least that I can find...

30. How does a long time subscribe in my young age since the R&C came back out in the '80s factor in?
    Subscribers don't get it? Who gets it? Not in my mailbox, I don't get it. Another year to go on my subscription and I don't get it? I just don't get it.