Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bubba To The Rescue

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 27, 2011.

1. david363

david363
    from Texas

I ordered my Bubba's Distributer on monday,can't wait to try it out.

2. Capitan Insano

Capitan Insano

I never use the unilite for that reason. They will just crap out with no warning. I use the Mallory dual point or the MSD Ready to run.

3. GARY?

GARY?

That's what I was gonna' ask:D

4. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Great news Ryan. I agree, a more modern distributor is the way to go with a vintage engine if you can.

I've never liked Unilites or Pertronix points eliminators, but I don't want points either since all it seems I can get around here are cheap Chinese points and condensers that burn up. I've run a regular electronic MoPar orange box in my '57 for years of trouble free performance, and GM HEIs on my SBCs and on the 289 SBF in my 63 Ford. The HEI is as perfect as it gets, horrendous looks aside. Powerful spark, trouble free performance, no points. Davis Unified Ignition makes one for the flathead too. Not trad, but great for a driver.

http://www.performancedistributors.com/flathead ford.htm

Glad to see that beautiful car back in action

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

That is a swifty conversion ....

6. Jaker

Jaker

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, that should be dead nuts reliable. One of those will be added to the must have list for the flathead I have. I got one guy back on the road by using his girl friends emory board to buff up the points in his dad's Dodge pickup on the side of the road in Wyoming a few years ago.

A lot of this slicky tricky hot lick stuff is great until you get stuck somewhere and end up on a tow strap or roll back for a ride to get it repaired or miss an event because no one in wide spot Kansas has that trick igniton setup that can only be had from special sources.
    This setup a set of Delco 106 HP points and a 204 condensor in the stash box along with a screw driver and you are good to go.

8. otas

otas

i have heard good and bad about those unilite distributors but i tell ya, mine left me one too many times stranded. they are a piece of crap!!!!!! conventional points for me....

9. ModelAHotRod

ModelAHotRod
    from MO

I shipped him my crab for a rebuild last week. Can't wait to try it out!

10. sololobo

sololobo

It is obvious that Lindy is a learned student of Bubbas, he is a cool guy with a couple of very cool rides. Beware his slant six hot rods, my head is still reeling from the beating I took lined up against him at the H.A.M.B. drags in my 56 Plymouth Suburban, he nipped me by about twenty car lengths. These cats have become the electronic wizards for a buncha H.A.M.B. folks with very good results. I salute them!! Ryan, your Oklahoma roots are showing calling out Brother Bosworth! Go Sooners! ~sololobo~

11. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

Bubba is the man for distributors. Have one in my Roadster it runs great. Thinking getting an electronic version. Just to see if will run better. His hot sauce is good to.

12. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I've been wondering about those Pertronix units, Sounds like I should stay away from them. I've also been hoping to find a reliable guy to build me a solid Dizzy for my Falcon. I'm going to give Bubbs a call. Thanx Ryan.

13. pcterm2

pcterm2

you cant go wrong with one of bubbas dizzys

14. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

So Bubba the distributor guy is going to be an Alliance distributor for distributors on the HAMB......thanks for distributing that info.....now I'm dizzy...

15. glad you got straight to the point......;):D

Jim is king for a reason, both in product and support, and a glad to see he's now officially with the alliance as he's effectively been supporting the HAMB and its members with his skills and service for a long time.

Cheers for Jim and his helpers,

Drewfus:)

16. Ddooce

Ddooce
    from Memphis Tn

Is that the condensed version? It's beyond my capacity to understand.:)

17. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Was just trying to get to the points......:D;)

18. MattStrube

MattStrube

Been there, done that, twice...Now I have an ahem, cough, cough, pertronix with a hot wire going all the way to the battery, bypassing the solenoid that is so close, but just not enough. Works well, so far. :)

19. -Brent-

-Brent-

Well written, Ryan. And good job, Bubba! Thanks too, for becoming an Alliance Vendor, I've got a disty needing the magic touch, coming up.

20. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Bubba will be getting my business once I'm ready for my flatty. Nothing but good words about his conversions.

21. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

That is the reason we've called them Unlit here :) for years.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  22. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I got a bubba dizzy in my flattie, it works amazing. The price is right.
    Ive been running a unilite for 15 years and 33,000 miles in another car and not a hiccup. Well im sure untill i wrote this sentence that is.

23. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

Okay, you've made your points, but your prose might have been better if you'd made it condenser.

(okay, I am going to apologize for that in advance.)

;)

24. Well Ryan
    I can't prove a thing about the garage hack statement but I do have proof that you are not a complete idiot. You are using Bubbas Dizzy. He is MR Spark man, can't go wrong with his stuff no way.

Glad you got her goin.

25. flamingokid

flamingokid

I've had trouble with Pertronix before,sounds like Bubbas is the way to go.

26. Deadbird

Deadbird

Bubba will be a great addition to the Alliance Vendor list!

27. chickenshift

chickenshift

Jim is a guru when it comes to vintage ignitions. Every one i get i send out to him to be rebuilt. Glad he is an alliance vendor now. I also miss his right ups in the Hometown Hot Rods magazine he used to do. By the way, if anyone has issue one they want to sell, shoot me a pm

28. Never liked the Uni-lite. Simple is better in my book. I imagine this is the best advert Bubba's has ever had.

29. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Boz has an o/t car but hes still a fan!:D
    [​IMG]

30. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Aftermarket ignitions might be fine for the strip but OEM parts are better for the road.