Register now to get rid of these ads!

Corvette Summer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Mild custom corvettes rock. I dont know if you should tell the wife you are dreaming about blondes though

3. M.Edell

M.Edell

Thats the only way I'd own a Vette like that!! Very Cool

4. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I'm sure that chick is well into her 70's or 80's by now, I think he's safe.:D

5. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

takes one to know one Ryan... you're in good company

6. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

My all time Fav Corvette! The "Cosma Ray"
    It sits in Starbirds Museum these days!
    FRITZ

Attached Files:

7. Phew!! For a minute I thought

[​IMG]

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Stock or kustomized I love Corvettes, and cool dreams.:cool:

9. 57dodge

57dodge

I've always Wanted to meet Mark Hamill somewhere ,Run up to him all excited and be like HEY ARENT YOU THE GUY FROM CORVETTE SUMMER!
    Instead of the usuall star wars nerd.HA

10. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Mid 60's Corvettes are the new era equivalent to the iconic 1940 Ford coupe. Design masterpieces.
    If anyone wants to trade one for my bitchin' little '63 Nova convert, call me ;)

11. axle

axle
    from Drag City

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. So did i !

Ryan, i've had a picture of the blue Vette framed in my TV room for the longest time. Something about the blue exterior - white interior - thin whites, Radirs - just does it for me.
    Its one of the few cars that inspired my first 32 five window build! I dig it.

12. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

It's good to be a dreamer,but questionable (around here) to be light in the loafers...

Corvettes is fun,they always yield good parts.

13. flamingokid

flamingokid

Geez Ryan,that blonde is some kids grandmother.Shame on you!Don't worry,though,we all have similar dreams.If there was a way to get the cool stuff we dream of back here to the real world.....

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I happen to like when people completely rape vettes and run them as full out race cars even with straight axles. That shit does it for me.

15. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Not in to corvettes at all but id have to agree there are a slect few mild custom vettes that are prety cool

16. Sass

Sass

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

holy hell... that thing RULES.

18. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Xsonic
    [​IMG]

Bob Mcnulty 57
    [​IMG]

19. littlechris

littlechris
    from MILWAUKEE

lucky... You got to dream about a blonde and a corvette. I woke from a dream with a midget.

that first Vette rules Piero

20. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

few more of the xsonic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. sir

sir

there used to be a corvette customizer on ventura blvd just west of studio city called "bruno's corvette" .he did ton's of corvette face lifts back in the late 60's and into the 70's...

22. brad chevy

brad chevy

This thread just prove that no matter what brand you are into the older ones are always the best,and that is back when blonds were all meat and taters not plastic and silicone like the cars and blonds today.Saw that same picture at the flea-market they had it fixed up with the led lights.

23. Deuces

Deuces

It's a '70's flashback... Gag me! :eek::eek::eek:

24. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Dang, Evel,

Way to bust out the photo collection. What's the story on these? Did Barris shoot 'em for sale, back in the day, or were they in-house reference-type photos?

I'm asking 'cause I want ALL of 'em!

25. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I love mild custom Corvettes. I don't have a picture but Bob K has a super cool slightly modified early Vette.
    I own an "02" coupe, great driver and fun roadtrip car for me and the wife (she's not really into the hotrod thing) Gary

26. I love corvette's... the pinacle of chevy horspower/handling and their main race car..I've had a couple black coupes, A 64 with a 327/muncie 4 speed and an old 74 with a KILLER 383 and a worked 400 turbo. I miss both of 'em but I like my 'vettes a little milder than most. It's tough to improve on their good looks.
    My kid has a blown ZO6 with a 6 speed that's nothing short of incredible! Best 'vette yet IMHO. Here's a few photos of each one. Excuse the tattered photos of the 64 but I carried it in my wallet until it almost fell apart...my only photo of it in black paint. The black&white photo was when it was still red..uggh.

Attached Files:

27. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Man, have to agree on that. I could convince myself to be a 'vette guy with something like that.

The blue one posted is a photo that was in one of the threads from a while back. I don't recall which, but I grabbed it and threw it into my desktop pictures folder in the random rotation. It is nice car, for a 'vette anyway. Maybe you saw it there too and sub-consiously filed it away until last night. But, yes, by doing that and then spending the time to actually find it suggests that you have a rather serious sickness. Not necessarily a bad one, but serious none the less.

28. NoSurf

NoSurf

I did exactly that in the summer of 1985. Mr Hamill was in my hometown doing an off-broadway play at the Goodspeed Opera House.

I stopped at a convenience store, DeLorenzo's, on my way to work to grab a soda and chat with my buddy Adrian who worked there as a cashier. In walked Mr Hamill and Adrian introduced him.

"No way! Mark Hamill! From Corvette Summer!!?!"

He was flabbergasted.

We chatted a bit about the 'vette being left hand drive and stuff.

He asked my if I wanted his autograph and I said "Nahh, I gotta run, I am late for work!"

29. froghawk

froghawk

Wow, Ryan, the Corvettein your dream is really cool and Jo Anne is cute, even if she is annoying, controlling and has apparently never seen domestic ducks before.

However, you seem to have morphed into a weird preppy cross between Jerry Blavat and Paul Anka!

Mild custom Corvettes do indeed rock! The X-Sonic and the Corvette Summer car are the stuff of nightmares though, not dreams.

30. 231ramona

231ramona

Like this?

Attached Files: