Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Way It Was

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 23, 2008.

1. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Damnit, I wish I was alive back then.

2. Great footage. Very poor sound.

I was REALLY hanging out for the 4 part series after getting the Rough Cut. Unfortunately, I and everyone I speak to was really disappointed with the sound. If it could be re-edited it would be awesome. It's just heartbreaking as it is that you can't hear the interviews well enough.

3. That bicycle talk brings back the memories. When I was about 12 years old I would ride my bike to the local race dudes shops and just hang around the door to see if I could clean parts or sweep the floor or hand them the wrenchs. Turns out I got to work my way up with both of these guys and it was the best education I could have ever gotten. Best way to explain OLD SCHOOL>>>>.

4. 7&7

7&7
    from Colorado

Ryan, at the 3:00-3:03 mark on the trailer there is a seems to be blue T roadster do you have any info on it. If the car is from Kansas area I know where the car is today. My old boss 15-16 years ago showed me a car very simular to the one on the film. It runs a stroked 303 olds with 4 deuces on fuel. He says it was last raced in late 50's. It resides in his garage in as raced condition. I have asked him about the car many times. He would like it to be in a museum. I guess it was a national record holder at one time. He is still around and goes to Bonneville every year. His name is Bob. It would be nice to just see if that car is that car. I'm sure I could get into his garage for some pics if I really tried and had a six pack with me. If any interest give me a PM.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Damn, I just ordered that and now I'm getting ready to go up to work and look at my car. I'm just gonna sit down, smoke a cig and look at it for a while. Respect for where we came from, man. Respect.

6. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

thanks everyone for the good words and I'm sure Scot is stoked
    on the comments as well...the audio dose need some remastering
    and maybe he can work it out..but overall its still a good DVD for
    your collection...maybe we can get a cut down version for cinematic

Aloha

7. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Dude, that video rocks! Thanks for sharing!

8. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

The Comentary footage is priceless..... thank you for sharing!

9. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Interesting word origins : Gow Job , Hot Iron , Hot ROD ...Rat Rod -Oops ! Just kidding , don't kill me !

10. Just gave up two hours at the restaurant this weekend with the better half for the set. Be here in two weeks. Is it May 8th yet?

11. Well shit, I just ordered mine too! I don't know if I can wait 2 weeks though!:D

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

OK I had to watch it for the fourth time.

13. autobilly

autobilly

Great,this snippet confirmed my suspisions. Now I know that I must have this DVD box set.

14. daddy-o63

daddy-o63

BETTER than the crap at the track now imho.truly the "golden era"of drag racing.

15. mwhistle

mwhistle
    from sacramento

Guys like Isky made it all possible for us.