Register now to get rid of these ads!

1966 Chevy pickup dash wiring diagram?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ragtop, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Anyone have a diagram showing wiring colors for a 1966 Chevy pickup dash?

2. squirrel

squirrel

not much to it....if you need help figuring stuff out let me know.

Scan is too big to put in the post, I'll email it to you. except that you don't have email on here. pm me with your email.

3. 5window

5window

Hopefully,Squirrel has gotten you all set. I believe I still have a full factory wiring manual for a '73 pick-up somewhere I could research if this would help you out later.

4. squirrel

squirrel

I have the 66 truck supp. manual, I kept it after selling of my 66 suburban.

5. 5window

5window

Better still.

6. dixiedog

dixiedog

I have a pic of a 63 chevy truck dash - I think I got it from 6066.com site. email me if you want it [email protected]

I ended up using the diagram that came with my harness EZ Wire & from the Autometer guages - but I dont know what I am doing since when I dim the lights the guages move :(
    Thanks Brian

7. squirrel

squirrel

sounds like you ought to make sure the dash panel is properly grounded?

8. dixiedog

dixiedog

Thanks - I was wondering about that - I got a termination strip out of an panel box and will run grounds to it and then to the battery with 4 gauge wire.

(sorry for post hi-jack)

9. FWIW, GM use the same colours for all lines of cars/trucks, so if you have a wiring diagram for something else in the same-ish era, it'll be good enough to give you colours.
    Cosmo

10. squirrel

squirrel

11. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

I think the changed the color code back in the 60's though. My 60 ElCamino was definitely not done in the same color code as a more modern GM car.

12. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

That's what I needed! Thanx very much

13. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Squirrel, Got the diagram! Thanx very much. The guys at this site always come though big time! You were very helpful. Mike

14. Jrad

Jrad
    from Washington

Squirrel, would you mind sending another copy of that diagram my way? Any other tips out there for re-wiring? This is my first adventure into electricity land and I am already getting lost...haha

15. 5window

5window

You could try sending Squirrel a PM directly. That way, you'd be sure he got your message and not take a chance that he's reading every post that might concern him.

16. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

I know this thread is well past dead, but it's so apropos that I'm going to give it a shot.

Any idea where to find heater control electrical diagram?
    Restoring my Chevy I got a wiring harness for the dash that it had in it when I got it, which was a standard heating unit with the single pull knob. After running numbers I found that truck had a deluxe heater in it so swapped my dash out for the correct one. NOT the same electrical. Can't seem to find info anywhere. Any help is appreciated!

17. squirrel

squirrel

A few pictures of shop manuals. Two pages of 1966 truck, one page of 1966 Chevy passgenger car wiring diagram, which might show you the correct wire colors(?)

heater1.jpg heater2.jpg heater3.jpg

18. squirrel

squirrel

sorry about the rotating pictures...funky computer bugs...