Register now to get rid of these ads!

Painless, Rebel or EZ Wiring harness

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53RedRam, May 19, 2008.

1. 41 C28

41 C28

I've used two EZ wire kits, one in my A roadster and again in my 48 Dodge. Good valve for the money.

2. BadLuck

BadLuck

I went with Rebel Wire on my chevy...great product, great price, great guy.....Give Glenn a call, hes an alliance vendor also....save you some more cash!

3. seret

seret

I use EZ small fuse kits in most of my customer cars, never had a problem. use the money you save on chrome. I orders a kit from speedway once when it showed up it was an EZ harness

4. Don Lyon

Don Lyon

I have USED and INSTALLED them all, even made 'em up from scratch.But I BUY Ron Francis for MY projects.

5. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

HAYWIRE....so easy to put in and works flawlessly. Perfectly labled and not to mention very resonably price

6. KATFISH

KATFISH

Thats because that wire is not intended to go directly to the fan. Grey/white 901-906.
    It's there to power the fan relay coil.
    Relay then brings battery power to the fan.
    No blown fuses.
    Instructions show that.

7. Kamp

Kamp
    from Peoria, IL

I just did my coupe with Rebel Wire. First complete car I've done. Instructions were very straightforward and easy to understand. Quality is top notch. AND Glen's an alliance vendor. Reason enough for me. I would recommend them to anyone.

8. adam_wakeley

adam_wakeley
    from Louisville

I use a 12 cicuit kit from hotrodwires.com with no complaints. The wires arent labeled but they're color coded with instructions. The guy I talked to on the phone was super helpful and walked me through a way to set up a multi speed wiper switch.

9. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just put a Rebel 9+3 kit in a '62 Galaxie. Great kit, very nice quality and an alliance vendor. I'll be putting a Rebel kit in my '28 RPU as well.

10. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I just build my own. waaay cheaper, and in the end, much easier to deal with...but I am a bit of a freak.

11. Bob Dobolina

Bob Dobolina

Got a Painless in the 46, and one in my 69 pickup. Not cheap, but nice stuff to work with. Did a t-bucket harness in Danny's wagon, works like a champ.
    Whatever you choose, read the instructions & take your time. I've seen harness' that were installed in 8 hours, and ones that had over 20 in the install. Believe me, it shows

12. NVScouter

NVScouter

Wow I've called 5 times, left voicemail, and an E-mail with zero response. Kit was great but the instructions for the 21 circuit is the same as the basic so it doesnt show all circuits. Found a bad circuit that I had to fix and am working on another one thats potentialy bad. I just need the tards at EZ Wiring to actualy make contact with me on how that planned that circuit. I could figure it out but I already loomed most of it and dont want to do it again unless I have to.

13. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

Not much into the kits here, I make my own, so I'm having a problem why anyone would buy a kit, especially for something modified, now if its going back to factory orginal then a correct kit could be bought and save some time and headaches, but to buy a kit with a zillion wires that many seem to be smaller guage than needed I'm at a loss, I've had to cut and throw away two kits that a susposed electrical shop installed and built my own so I'm just a little sour on these, but I don't think the shopp had any idea what they were doing either.

14. Go to the web and punch in "4wheelin junkie" they have an 11 circuit wire harness for $85.00 + the ride. I put one in a '40 pickup I had and it worked real well. It is pretty basic, but has a circuit with a 50amp relay for elec fan or fuel pump. Good instructions printed wires. Check it out.

gordy80128 likes this.
  15. ajwhiskey51

ajwhiskey51

I used EZ, it was nice, but if I had to do it again I would go with Rebel. Mostly cause it's a small buisness, nice product and I know where the money is going. So I say Rebel. Oh and EZ Wire customer service was pretty tough to get a hold of.

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

I've wired with 3 kits: Painless, Rebel Wire, and It's A Snap.

Painless was, well, painless. Great tech support, very detailed instructions, well-made kit... but kinda expensive. My only complaint is that I have many more wires than I need and I'm stuck with them. Painless said I pretty much can't just remove the ones I don't need from the block.

Rebel Wire is entirely made in the USA (not sure about the others). I called their tech line and got the owner of the company. Very helpful. I know some of the guys at the company are here on the HAMB. Very affordable, and well-made. 1LowTrk basically wired my Econoline for me with a Rebel Wire rear-mount kit. He said his only complaint about the kit was that some of the wires were thicker than they needed to be... which is hardly a complaint, and probably had to do with it being rear-mount and expecting long wire runs, and I was doing a mid-mount. The actual fuse panel is pretty cheap, but works, and who's going to see it anyway?

It's A Snap is kind of a crappy kit. It's cheap, but it is set up for a GM keyed column only and their tech support is horrible, so you're pretty much on your own for adapting it to whatever you have. But it's cheap.

17. aldixie

aldixie

I have used the EZ kits twice, one in a 57 Belair and another in my current 50 Chevy. Both times they were very easy to install and worked well.

18. jerry sezar

jerry sezar

Hi,
    In most of MY hotrods I use all quality black wire, toggle switches, no CD's, heaters or other "fluffy stuff", just minimal lighting. Pretty simple systems. In customers cars we have used most availibe systems. Most of our more "experianced" folk, building vechiles with a lot of comfort features, always request Ron Francis. Not cheap, but real quality stuff and their support has worked better than any of the other suppliers. Ron got into the business because he has a passion for quality electrical systems, not because he could make a lot of money!

19. I have used the EZ a couple of times, they make a VERY nice product that is EZ to use.

CBB

20. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I've used them all some point over the years and found no difference performance wise, however when it comes to price the Rebel Wiring wins :D

21. Thanks for the info, I think Im going with theirs

22. ajwhiskey51

ajwhiskey51

So you ask for opinions, get multiple rave reviews on Rebel, EZ, and Ron Francis, and than go with "4wheelin junkie", that 1 guy liked? That makes me chuckle.

23. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

Must be the catchy name. I've been using Ron Francis stuff; it's alright, but the logic takes a little getting used to. Since I will soon need another harness I will definitely use Rebel. I tried the 'build from scratch' routine once. Left me a babbling idiot and I had to go to rehab with Lindsey Lohan. :eek: Besides I don't need 100 ft spools of wire in assorted color laying around.

24. elanore56

elanore56

I used a EZ kit on the Buick and it worked great.

25. When did I ask anyone anything??? That was my first post in this thread as far as I know.... I was just thanking that guy for giving us the link for a really inexpensive wiring harness.