Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown 2013 Info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

[​IMG]

My buddy Larry and I will be there vending.Larry builds scaled hot rods (wood/found items).

Stop by,kick the tires and have a cold one with us! Look for the HAMB banner....

2. carl, thats frigged awesome. Larry is the mad hatter of wood work.He has came along ways from carving ducks.

3. scarylarry

scarylarry

4. Larry, can't wait to attend again this year .....its the show that all other shows are measured by!....it really kicks off the summer for us. You set a high bar for the other shows !
    A big Thank you to you and all your crew!

5. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

6. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

7. BangerMatt

BangerMatt

8. scarylarry

scarylarry

It now sounds like Rt. 81 will be open by later in the week. I will post as things progress. PLEASE remember no dogs, no bottles. Because it gets sooooo tight on the infield so early, there will be NO saving of parking spots or a parking spot for canopies. Please plan ahead & ride to the show together if you want to park together. Slide you canopy partially over your car, front or back so you still have some shade. It always seems to work out every year. Sorry to be so tight on this stuff, but a lot goes on in a small space real fast Saturday morning! And as always thanks for helping to make it work as easily as possible!

9. scarylarry

scarylarry

BTW I will post from the show to our Facebook group page," The Checkered Flag Jalopy Showdown and Jalopy Showdown Drags" for any weather, or general updates. I'll be there from Thursday afternoon on.

10. Would not miss this one! I'll be driving up from Winchester, VA early Sat. morning if anyone wants company along the way. I guess I'll drag my old '48 race boat along again in case it rains real hard.
    Kool show, lots to see and do...don't miss it!

Attached Files:

11. finished up the little things i needed to do on my roadster last night... i'm officially good to go!

12. fmascioli2@gmail.com

[email protected]
    from CT

Larry,
    I 81 is open. I went through this morning. The ramp from northbound 81 to northbound 22/322 is closed from the fire damage. Concrete deck is gone and steel may possibly have to be replaced. It shoudn't affect anybody trying to get the Showdown.

13. lorodz

lorodz

I'm rolling out friday afternoon.I just wanted to know an address so I can gps it .also what's it cost to I guess park in the infeild so I can race my car thanks ...

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

14. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

15. scarylarry

scarylarry

Please read the first post of this thread for info.
    & jalopyshowdown.com

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Still looking for old good for nothing flathead heads for my garden path and old hub caps for another project. Please let me know if you're bringing me something so I can make sure I bring enough cookies as trading fodder. :cool:

17. Mmmmm...what kind of cookies are we talking here?.....hmmm?

18. Any of you vendors bringing any "front runners" to swap meet? PM me with what ya got... looking for small chev bolt pattern

19. lorodz

lorodz

There's a swal meet at this shiw also? First time coming out

20. .......You tell 'em Skid, but I think you're referring to those hideous "cry babies" that people like to prop up next to their car. Beanie babies were a different animal, but we don't want any of those either.:D

21. lorodz

lorodz

I wasn't bringing anything to sell I was jist wondering .just make shure you leave ya granny panties and old socks at home ..cause that's all I see these days at sk called swap meets ....

22. Where the heck am I supposed to get my granny panties now?!

23. lorodz

lorodz

Lol......too funny but that's what this hobby has led to in my area ..its sad..hope tp jave a blast at this show .I've herd only great things from fellow hotrodders about it ..hope yo mmet most of you guys

24. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

It is a good swap. See ya there Joe!:D

25. lorodz

lorodz

Awsome ...ya ill see ya there .t bird ...

26. I'll bet ya could unload some 'old socks' there Andrew...

27. I have a 33 Ford grill I'm kicking around selling that I could bring with me.

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Cookies baked, car packed, leaving in the AM. Gonna make it a nice long weekend this time.:cool:

29. PA-Comet

PA-Comet

Looking forward to making my first Showdown.

30. Wifesaysno

Wifesaysno

Maybe I'm missing something or just stupid. First time to the show and want to make sure I have money to get in/park? Also I may drag my kids down in my 63 rambler wagon project. Any issues with throwing a for sale sign in the window? I by no means plan to try to get into the infield but wherever I need to park wanted to make sure no issues with throwing a sign up