Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage anyone else counting the days till HERSHEY? the sweetest swapmeet on earth !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skidmarks, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Mark T

Mark T

Are we there yet?

2. Clark

Clark

Can't wait!!!
    Clark

3. jreeder41

jreeder41

Anybody have any extra spots? We lost ours 2 years ago do to someone not paying the bill (office staff lol)

4. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Once my birthday has passed I begin counting down the days until Hershey- 32 days, can't wait!!! RWH 11-14

5. ctfordguy

ctfordguy

Counting the days and praying to the weather gods
    Bruce in CT

6. windsurf88

windsurf88

Can't wait, this is my first trip down to Hershey. I've wanted to go sinse the first time I saw an aerial photo of it. Proposed skipping going on vacation anywhere this year and saved the money just to spend at this event, and my wife went along with it!!!
    Not sure she knows what shes in for?

7. -Brent-

-Brent-

It's pained me to miss it since I've moved out here.

8. noboD

noboD

They just cut the grass on the day parking fields today.

9. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

I love going to Hershey. I use up all of my personal days every year just for this.

Not only is it the best show of the year, I get to walk around with the old man. He will not be around forever and it's a good reason to spend 4 days together as we get older.

Only down side is it's the end of flea market season and that white stuff is right around the corner.

I will be at RCF71 in the old airstream with the green awning. I'm loading up some killer new old stock parts fresh from a deep sleep in an old warehouse.

Stop by and say hello.

Ted Holz

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  10. Hell Yea!!!! Wed. till Sat. Looking for that part that I can't live without.
    If you can't find it there start another project.:D

12. noboD

noboD

13. banjorear

banjorear

Yep, 33rd year (I think) and I'm 41. Is it cool to post swap spot numbers on this thread? If so, I'll post mine.

We are in the orange field.

14. 59ab

59ab

This will be my 35 th year. The place to be if you like cars. Plan to be there as long as I can!

15. Terrence

Terrence

My flights are booked Denver to Harrisburg I get there Wednesday night. So bright and early Thursday I will be there. I wish I could get there Tuesday but the stars weren't aligned. BTW Frontier has nonstops from Denver to Harrisburg for about $330 roundtrip, well worth it for the Hershey experience.

16. StukaBomber55

StukaBomber55

Anyone who is making the trip and has an emergency feel free to throw me a call or text. Im Kutztown exit off of 22 west. Three car garage that always has a bay open for a friend in need.

About 45 min from Hershey

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  17. sawzall

sawzall

it looks like my father, brother and I will be there together and thanks to OUR great UNCLE DOUG we have an place to sleep!

18. guffey

guffey

Can't wait! This is from a few years ago.

hersey 1.jpg

19. I will be there. Only missed two in 30 years due to health problems. Its like heaven rni 74 79

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Tomorrow I start to make the pile of parts and literature I hope to sell to off set the stuff I'll buy. Bob................No there isn't anything worth while, good stuff went on the bay or HAMB classifieds.

21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Me too 37kid. Been doin a little as I go but time to make a bigger move. I'm in a different spot this year. Might make for some new buyers, but I'd go and come home empty-handed if I had to, not sellin or buyin. It's just a 'must do' for any level of car freak.

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

2001 was the year I bought a Drop Tank from the guy in front of me at the stop sign on Rt 743. I added four 19 inch model A wheels I got for a buck a piece and built a "Phatom" car out of it, it really looked cool and turned a lot of heads. That was a tradition that lasted for several years, build a car out of the parts I'd stuffed in the van. This year my Grandson is making his first Hershey, and will have THE BEST baby carriage ever seen there. Bob:D

23. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This will be my first year and I can't wait. Something has always come up at the last minute and I've had to bail. Skipping Carlisle for the first time in about 10 years just so I don't miss Hershey.

24. demonsix

demonsix

This will be my first year too, I don't even live far from Hershey.

25. Bucket list..........

26. noboD

noboD

They baled the hay on the day parking fields this week. We are ready!

27. Koz

Koz

I'll be walking the aisles in search of a decent pickup cab! I'm th one with the dazed and confused look on my face.

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

Started the boxing of unwanted things. if I can cover expences I'll be happy. Bob

29. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

I can't think of a single valid reason to miss Carlisle or Hershey. I've been to both every year since about 1978- except that minor lapse in judgement in 1990 when I foolishly agreed to get married the Saturday of Hershey. That will never happen again- my wife will see to it. I got even with her by making her come along to Hershey '92- when our first son was 28 days old. She had to pump (you know) when we got to the parking lot; and then we left a bit early for the PM feeding time. The little fart is a junior at Va Tech now; but his little brother(14) will play hooky on Friday to help dad. We'll be at GAI 18-19 in the front of the green field with 1941-46 Chevy and GMC truck parts. Look for the trailer that says: "Art-Deco Delights". We used to sleep in our tow vehicle; but now we've moved up to an actual hotel room in Grantville. It took years of wrangling to get 2 prime spaces; thanks to the kind folks at the Hershey Region. The spaces will pass to my kids right after they scatter my ashes on whatever grass remains nearby. BE THERE- and don't complain for the rest of the year that you shoulda went.

30. atomickustom

atomickustom

I have a serious question about Hershey for those who go on a regular basis: I know that it is huge, and I know you can find just about anything if you look hard enough, but what are the prices like? Are they high because it's Hershey, or are there still people selling off stuff from their barns, basements, and garages?

I ask because it would take a lot for me to go next year and I'd hate to spend all the time and money and be disappointed if prices are all jacked up.