Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Lee Family Tradition

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Great Story .. They are FIRST FAMILY OF DRAG RACING !!!. I have had the pleasure of racing around Jim & Allison in the 70's & 80's and no one better to represent the sport.

3. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for pulling these together in one place Ryan. Missed the posts the first time around.

4. I see Jim and Allison every year at the York reunion, really nice people as are their son in law and grandson.

5. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Damn, somehow I missed everyone of those the first go around. Thanks for reposting those Ryan. Been working way too much lately and still way behind. So could only quickly scan the first one. I will have to subscribe to this and get back to it in more detail when I have some time. Awesome!

6. Will Kimble

Will Kimble

Nice job Tyler!

7. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

So cool, it makes it like family, oh yeah I forgot this is the HAMB. NUTS, Slim

8. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Excellent set of posts, Thanks.

9. autobilly

autobilly

I also missed these first time 'round, thanks for bringin' them up on TJJ Boss.

Q: What are ya gonna do with yer spare time today?
    A: Why, check out the Lee family drag history posts of course!

10. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

Great job tyler !! What about the hilton side of your family? Im sure you are working on a masterpiese !!!

11. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Thanks for bringing this great set of threads back up Ryan. I'm sure there are more folks that missed it the first time. Great story and Tyler did a fantastic job filling in the blanks and with some rare photos. This is a must read.

12. DAMN...been in class all day...sometimes its like crawling under a rock

Big thanks to Ryan for puttin it up front! My family is tied together by racing and hot rodding....glad everyone enjoyed....even if i did have to "edit" some pictures out....
    If anyones headin to the CHRR in Bakersfield the restored GREAT EXPECATIONS 2 fueler of my grandparents should be gettin its maiden fire up...

Now that im back in Cincy its time for the HILTON FAMILY RACING side of the story....and work on some killer slingshots....will be sure to keep updated...
    my grandparents are puzzled that people actually remember them and are interested in their story, to them its just no big deal..of course thats how most racers are...Thanks to all....

Tyler Hilton

13. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

This is a great example of a Young guy that was born SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF IT, and instead of loosing interest, burning out, or getting into Honda's.. Tyler embraced his family's legacy on both sides. Good for you!

Great job Tyler! Glad Ryan put them all together. I'm sure there were a few that missed them. Plus, the fact that you took the pics from THE FAMILY ALBUM is not only cool, but they are pics we don't get to see often.

Looking forward to the HILTON SIDE.

(That pic of the car in the pits, in front of the trailer, with a SPARE ENGINE on a stand inside the trailer is KILLER!!) Definetly a first rate operation!

...oh, and it still trips me out when you call her Grandma!!

Joshua Shaw

Attached Files:

• 43.jpg
      43.jpg
      File size:
      161.3 KB
      Views:
  14. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

I'm exhausted by the awesome stories, PLEASE keep' em coming. Dragracing was cool, now it's too much business.

15. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Tyler let me know when you get a free evening I will bring up the SUPER 8 Film Of Edgewater from 69,70,71, unless SHAW got a copy made yet(JUST BUSTING HIS BALLS HERE), he had the only DVD copy(POOR QUALITY BUT A DVD COPY). There may be some of your family busting the 1/4 on there, its a pretty cool film that the my old man put together from back in the day, I am still trying to get all my Aunts Super 8 Films from the Indy Nats from the same years..... Ryan

16. ill have to ask him bout that....id like to see that Indy footage too.....

T.H.