Register now to get rid of these ads!

Michigan Salvage Yard that Time Forgot.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by safari-wagon, Jun 21, 2009.

1. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

CaptainScarlet found an old Junk Yard in Michigan that is being cleared, now that the owner's passed. Most of the sheet metal is beyond saving, but there are still a bunch of cars that have a TON of old trim bits that can help somebody out. Brian has reasonable prices too.

Some of the stuff out there is a 58 Buick (perfect grille), 58 Caddy (grille/bumper), 49 Nash (good frt & rr), 61 Caddy rear half with good tail lights, 2 Chrysler Airflows (1 GREAT grille), perfect 50 Poncho hood & trim. They have a 6' tall pile of Buick & Pontiac straight 8's, misc rear ends, etc, etc//

I'm too lazy to re-post the rest of the pics, but here's a link to the post on our club site:
    Salvage Yard

Attached Files:

2. OK I am in. I live here in Motown and would love to stroll through there. I am broke like everyone else in this town, so no worries that I will buy everything. I just enjoy digging through the junk. Any 52-59 Ford stuff?

3. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

It's just west of Saline. I'm going back in 2 weeks (sat afternoon) to pick up 2 engines he going to pull for me. Wanna go?

4. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

I want to go

you got an address Pm it to me:D

Tom

5. Joezilla

Joezilla
    from MI

ok i need to go.

6. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Someone should get the Airflows.Even if they are junk.I have one finished as a custom that I built and have seen how the parts are worth a lot.It might be worth your time to buy them for parts resale.

7. I really need the trim off this, Can the public go there?

[​IMG]

8. hlfuzzball

hlfuzzball
    from Michigan

Altered Pilot, here on the HAMB, doing the GOOD SAMARITAN Thing in L.A. needs that driver's side windshield out of that Pontiac, RIGHT NOW !
    Can anybody arrange to buy that glass for him ?

9. Old Gold

Old Gold

X2 - I would love to go there. I'm customizing a 51 Pontiac as we speak.
    Pm me the address if you could.

10. mtpockits

mtpockits

49 nash, somebody please look at it and take pictures please.

11. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

could be fun, i would'nt mind a look see.... if they are clearing it out would'nt it be doing the hobby a service to let everyone know where it is so folks can buy up as much as possible before it gets crushed???

12. hlfuzzball

hlfuzzball
    from Michigan

13. I will be around Saturday and Sunday morning if anyone is going

14. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

I work afternoons and live 10 minutes from Saline, would love to walk through one mornin'. NOW TELL ME WHERE IT IS!

15. charliek

charliek

Any thing there savable? Looking for a project

16. Old Gold

Old Gold

I'm really glad you made it a point to post this thread letting us know everything is being cleared out and for sale, then not letting anybody know where it is. You may as well be the guy that says " not for sale, gonna fix it up some day".- GOOD JOB!

17. It's mine all- all mine hahahahahaha. What's up with not letting anyone local knowing about this. If there are any 52-54 fords there I could use a couple things. Is there a secret handshake or knock I need to know to find out about this place?

18. BStoltz

BStoltz

where is this stuff exactly? im near detroit this week and would like to take a gander and see if there is anything i could use on my projects

19. lowongas

lowongas

Uh..LARRY..!!! WAKE THE FUC up..!!! Hehehehehehe..whats the deal about the yard..? Oh,heres the pics I found of Murray cars,I dont see no slant back front windshield.

Attached Files:

20. lowongas

lowongas

Ok..just got off the phone with the guy who has access to this yard and knows exactly where it is.Talked to him for about 30 minutes.He still has some AWESOME stuff still there....has some nailhead parts and intakes,and motors.Has a cool 331 Cadillac motor I am after..anyone wanna get this rolling and head out on this coming Saturday..? We can meet up at the Tim Hortons in Saline and go from there.Let me know...I am bringing 2 cameras for more pics.Unless some of you guys wanna do this on your own,its up to you...I have the guys name and number.He said he doesnt want a circus out there though,which I can respect.he sounds really cool so I wanns keep this and the cool side so we can go get parts and stuff when we need to.

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I would like to have a chance to go thru this yard.
    im ust looking for interior trim bits and small parts that will never be duplicated in my life time..

an address? Pm-ed?
    any chance of that?

22. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Nice find here! Any info on that Pontiac? Looking for some straight 8 fenders!

23. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

did i just read that correctly that this place is in hillsdale??!!

24. 2Hep

2Hep

I second that....looking for bits and bits of parts

25. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

I included a link in the 1st posting to contact info & pics of pretty much all of the cars that were left in the yard when we went there. There were only a couple dozen complete cars, but the trim bits were all there on those cars.

Brian, the caretaker of the yard only allows people by appointment to prevent chaos as he closes the yard down.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  26. lowongas

lowongas

Not located in Hillsdale.Located in Saline,Michigan.Call Brian and his number is 1-248-318-6446.If any of you guys want to get together and meet in town before we go let me know.PLEASE remember guys,we have to be cool so we can get this rolling.:cool:

27. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Is this place still around does anybody know? Getting cool enough to kill the bugs but not cold enough to freeze anything to the ground. This week...

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Plan it Dan for Sat or Sunday and I'm there. Let me know.

29. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Cool thread. Rodders helpin' each other.

30. freebird101

freebird101

looks like a cool place to be around