Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Restored Supermodified

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roostasix, Oct 16, 2008.

1. roostasix

roostasix

Do you know who has this car?

2. Jelly told me he still has it, in pieces laying around.

3. roostasix

roostasix

Cool, hopefully he will restore it.

We took the 6 out last night for a test at the race track here in Amarillo. I think we finally have it running right! I can't decide if I want to leave the steel wheels on the car for the car show on Saturday or put the magnesium ones back on... What do you think?

4. The magnesium wheels with those jalonies really look cool to me, the entire setup is rare and I can't believe you found the entire combo. But then really the whole car is that way-Parson,Ford powered, and the fact that it's your Dad's actual race car and not a recreation. Top notch resto in my opinion.

Even though we are not heads up racing, I wouldn't risk those mags on the track. Remember, we have several other guys that haven't even been in a car in quite a few years.

5. Shane Carson sent me this, a Doc Grice mini-catalog,

[​IMG]

6. bshepherd

bshepherd
    from michigan

hey maybe you guys can help, tryin to find pic of the car my grandpa wrenched on in the mid to late fifties. Driven by wayne keyser then by dick good. My grandpas name was Harold Swinehart was the only mechanic. He told me that they ran a hemi in it in the late fifties. he left indiana in '59, went to work for les king chevy in tuscon and did stuff on his race cars occasionally. Grandpa never kept pics of anything hope somone can help. car ran in indiana and michigan thanks

7. skull

skull

here's my cousins street legal modified. the car was built in the1969 at a race shop in bremerton, washington and raced till 1982. it was then rebuilt in the 80's to be a street car .. this car was rebuilt in his garage and raced at a local dirt track in western washington state before the street conversion. my cousin raced the car 9 or 10 years and when the track changed the rules and went to more modern style cars he turned into his street 'TOY , it is licensed as a home built hot rod custom',, sadley my cousin passed away in 1986 and the family gave the car to his best friend who put it in storage for a long time and then took it apart and lost interest,,, about 12 years ago another friend of mine talked the guy who owned into selling the car to him and he rebuilt the car between 1998 and 2000, had to replace the wings with a newer version as the old ones were missing,, the guy who has it now uses it for a push car at the races all over washington and does many shows with the modified club //

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  8. roostasix

roostasix

I was planning on changing the wheels out before we hit the track. The car looks good with either set of wheels, but I told dad that we worked so hard to find the magnesium wheels that we should use them...

9. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

Down in NZ In the early 70's I had a little connection with the local Super mod racers. Where I served my apprenticeship was a large engineering shop where rail road frieght wagons were built and repaired. The workshops were typical 1920's places ,huge with little dark corners where 'things' could be hidden .

Two of the tradesmen I worked under built super mods in those dark corners..there were no pro builders in NZ in those days(except these guys i guess:D ) . The best part was the latest techniques for welding and machining were used and at no cost...except the NZ taxpayer..:rolleyes:.
    One didn't get finished properly when the guys marriage broke down ,so I got a friend to buy the new engine and we ran it on the street:eek::eek:
    Imagine 4 teenagers listening to a full crcle track race prepped Chev at full song in the car in a inner city street late at night.:D:D
    You can see the headers poking out behind the front wheels.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    and typical NZ home build Supermodified. This is Peter Leversedge in 1974 running in a Hill climb,near Christchurch ,NZ.
    [​IMG]

10. roostasix

roostasix

cool stories! Thanks for sharing.

11. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

12. Hey, meengrinch.....been a long time since we chatted at TJ's. :)

Nice racer !!

13. roostasix

roostasix

Thanks for the photos Brian. That's the first time I drove it fast enough to get sideways. It feels good!

There are some photos of you on thrillerphoto.com and on texomamotorspeedway.com photo site.

14. meengrinch

meengrinch
    from ipswich ma

didn`t like how my last post read after i posted it. It should have read ........here`s a neat super that WE brought back to life.....here in new england. a bunch of racers got together and kinda took control of this car for future showing........

15. [​IMG]

Suposedly Billy Cassella and Boston Louis Seymour pulled in to a race down in Florida one time and their pit stall was next to Ollie. Cassella looked at #0 and said "they put us next to the push truck"!. Boston Seymour replied "Better keep tabs on that push truck, you'll be following him all day".

Guess what, he was right.

16. I'm going there right now! Thanks

Kyle, I want an in-car camera! The view was pretty good in the back Saturday night. Hey now that's a good excuse for my performance!

17. SpeedyPAt

SpeedyPAt
    from Spokane Wa

Here is one that a hamb member has oldbob

Attached Files:

18. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Although it looks like a sprinter it was built for asphalt and run as a Super or B class mod depending on wether Chev 8 or 6 power. Ran starter and clutch and 3 stage aifoil wing. Was the Tom Naylor ride out of Boise Ida in the 70's. Built by Jerry Malloy in Salt Lake Utah. Thanks for the post Pat.

Attached Files:

19. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Watched Ollie many years at Pines Speedway in Groveland. He could sure drive the old #0 34 coupe. Billy would have had to keep right up or he would have been keeping an eye on Ollie's "push truck" from the other side of the track real fast.

20. This car exists, just can't say where it is today. Hopefully it will be restored some day, my vote is this neat version.

This is also the car that Shane Carson got his first race car win in.

Scott Carson early 70's, the Tijuana Taxi

[​IMG]

21. Legendary Hampton #94 out of Amarillo(Texas, where else?!). Being restored

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]